Go to advanced search

by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:48 pm
Forum: AMA - Ask Me Anything
Topic: I am Wences Casares, co-founder & CEO of Xapo, Ask Me Anything
Replies: 65
Views: 32702

Re: I am Wences Casares, co-founder & CEO of Xapo, Ask Me Anything

Did you recommend bitcoin to your family members too :) ? Yes, absolutely! I always tell them that the second most stupid thing they could do right now is to own an amount of bitcoins they cannot afford to loose and the most stupid thing they could do would be to not own any. How did they react the...
by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:45 pm

hello and thanks for doing an AMA Why did you chose the name xapo? what does it mean? It was just a four letter .com domain that I was able to buy for $6,500 :) What country sees the most trafic on your site? It changes every week. It is often India, China, Russia, Indonesia, Philippines, Turkey, B...
by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:26 pm

Re: First country to adopt bitcoin as national currency

Hello Wences, Love everything you have done and are doing for bitcoin community. This question has been asked in the past but I wanted to get your current thoughts: Which country in the world do you think would be the first to adopt bitcoin as a national currency (would it be Argentina)? And do you...
by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:21 pm

Thank you for doing this AMA Wences. I've enjoyed reading your thoughts about Bitcoin and your view of Xapo.

What do you find entertaining about Bitcoin?
That it feels more like a crusade than an economic phenomenon :)
by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi, 1. If you have a vault service, does that mean that the funds at my wallet are insecure? If the security level is the same, why not just have delayed withdrawals for large amounts? 2. Is there something in Xapo like Coinbase "multisig" wallet? 3. Will you freeze my funds if the gov. ask you to?...
by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:11 pm

When will xapo release a bitcoin debit card which is not a rip off? I understand your frustration. I am a Bitcoin user and Xapo has a debit card because I want to use that product. The fees we charge are the fees that we are being charged, we do not make any money on those fees and the only way we ...
by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:07 pm

Hi Wences, Thanks for doing this AMA. 1- We currently see different governments taking very different approaches to bitcoin. What is your prediction regarding the regulatory trends for bitcoin in the following years? 2- Will Xapo Vault remain free-of-charge for non-institutional users despite costs...
by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:28 pm

How do we change the 2Factor Authentication details for Xapo wallets in the case of terminated/change of mobile number (old)
please contact support@xapo.com

We have to be very careful about how we do that because we have to make sure it is not someone trying to steal your account.
by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi Wences, 1) Do you plan to use the Blockchain for other things than "just" bitcoin? 2) Did you meet Bill Gates in the last 12 moths and talked with him about Bitcoin again :) ? 3) Are you storing your own Bitcoin at Xapo (i guess you are :D ) ? LCG 1) Xapo is a Bitcoin company, not a Blockchain c...
by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi Wences, thanks for doing this AMA. I'm a big fan of Xapo, so welcome! Can you please tell us how the user adoption in Argentina is coming along, and how the overall climate is there (in terms of regulation, politics, users, merchant adoption, and so on)? Thanks! Bitcoin is a lot more important f...
by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:00 pm

Hi Wences, What is your view on the major financial institutions teaming up with R3 to create their own blockchain solution for the industry? Do you think the banks will be open to both bitcoin and blockchain or do everything in their power maintain control of the financial system? I will copy/past...
by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:59 pm

What's next from Xapo?

Will the debit card ever be available to US customers?
Unfortunately we do not have a date for the debit card to be available to US customers.
by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:58 pm

Are you personally still buying bitcoin? What do you think about all the blockchain hype with companies using distributive ledgers but not bitcoin? I am one of the most biased pro-Bitcoin people you can find so I am always buying. But I strongly recommend that people do not buy an amount they canno...
by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:50 pm

Thanks Wences for everything you have done, and still doing, for Bitcoin! In the TechCrunch Disrupt than you made with Bobby Lee and Nathaniel Popper, you said there are still chances than Bitcoin could fail. What do you have in mind? (don't you need a coffee boy by your side? :roll:) Of all the wa...
by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:40 pm

Where there any bitcoin specific objectives to move Xapo to Swiss instead of other (European) counties? We were looking for the safest jurisdiction from where to serve all our customers except US customers which, for regulatory reasons, need to be served from the US. So we have a US subsidiary to s...
by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:36 pm

Lot's of people may not realize how much Wences has done to promote Bitcoin. I didn't fully realize it until reading the book that Wences is the star of: Digital Gold I recommend everyone interested in Bitcoin read it. Wences, When learning about Bitcoin, was there an "a-ha" moment in which you rea...
by wences
Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:16 pm

I am Wences Casares, co-founder & CEO of Xapo, Ask Me Anything

I am a fintech entrepreneur. I learned about Bitcoin in 2011 and I think that it has the potential to have more impact than the Internet itself. I decided to dedicate the rest of my career to help Bitcoin succeed. I think a world in which Bitcoin succeeds is a much better world.

Go to advanced search