mike.mylin

Why is my balance still zero?

Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:05 pm

New to Bitcoin. Help is appreciated.
In December 2017, I did a small credit card purchase of bitcoins using my Bitcoin.com wallet (Simplex transaction). The transaction seemed to go through. I have the Simplex transaction number and verification that it is recorded in the block chain. I was expecting it to eventually show up in my Bitcoin.com wallet on my phone but that never happened. I am assuming there is another step that I need to do. Any help is appreciated.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Why is my balance still zero?

Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:15 pm

New to Bitcoin. Help is appreciated.
In December 2017, I did a small credit card purchase of bitcoins using my Bitcoin.com wallet (Simplex transaction). The transaction seemed to go through. I have the Simplex transaction number and verification that it is recorded in the block chain. I was expecting it to eventually show up in my Bitcoin.com wallet on my phone but that never happened. I am assuming there is another step that I need to do. Any help is appreciated.
Hi Mike, is there chance that you might have used your Bitcoin Cash (BCH) address to receive Bitcoin Core (BTC)? If so, please try this: walletsupport.bitcoin.com/article/110/i-accidentally-sent-btc-to-my-bch-wallet

If not, you could also try this: walletsupport.bitcoin.com/article/87/funds-not-showing-btc

You may, or may not, also need to contact Simplex.

Considering it's been so long, and you might have an older version of the wallet (PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE APPLICATION unless you have the 12 word backup phrase(s) written down and stored somewhere safe), it might best to contact support before you do anything. Please send an email to wallet@bitcoin.com (please reference this forum thread or at least let the support team know that the issue you're having dates to 2017).

mike.mylin

Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:03 am

Thanks for the reply. I search how others resolved a similar issue. Not sure what of the things that I did corrected the problem. I deleted my wallet and reinstalled it. I created 20 new addresses and then searched for all transactions. That seemed to do the trick. The balance is now showing.

Thanks again for the help.

bitcoinsoldier56

Donate BTC of your choice to 1K8ygXahCpndyqU7SYa619xaxuzJDjtf9

Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:22 pm

Next time, you should go to your address and tap on scan addresses. It will automatically scan your addresses and if any of it has funds it will now show in your balance.

Return to “Wallet”