morem7

Donate BTC of your choice to 19QtNgqvrYWuu81gwXkdEX9xKRotJdcwcF

Trbl setting up "watching" wallet in Bitcoin.com wallet to watch a Badger wallet

Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:35 am

Trying to set up "watching" wallet in Bitcoin.com wallet to watch a Badger wallet

Pretty sure that Badger uses Bip44 (m/44'/145'/0'), when entering that into Bitcoin.com wallet I get "Error Invalid derivation path"

Maybe I have my process/steps wrong?

My steps: New personal wallet->name wallet->show advanced options->wallet key->specify recovery phrase->Derivation Path->m/44'/145'/0'->create wallet->"Error Invalid derivation path"

(using desktop version v5.4-rc4) of Bitcoin.com wallet)

TIA!

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: Trbl setting up "watching" wallet in Bitcoin.com wallet to watch a Badger wallet

Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:19 am

Trying to set up "watching" wallet in Bitcoin.com wallet to watch a Badger wallet

Pretty sure that Badger uses Bip44 (m/44'/145'/0'), when entering that into Bitcoin.com wallet I get "Error Invalid derivation path"

Maybe I have my process/steps wrong?

My steps: New personal wallet->name wallet->show advanced options->wallet key->specify recovery phrase->Derivation Path->m/44'/145'/0'->create wallet->"Error Invalid derivation path"

(using desktop version v5.4-rc4) of Bitcoin.com wallet)

TIA!
Unfortunately the Bitcoin.com wallet currently only supports the m/44'/0'/0 derivation path, and as you mentioned the Badger wallet uses the m/44'/145'/0' path.

Our developers are aware of this issue, and are already looking into what can be done to make these more compatible with each other for our users.
Thank you for reporting :)
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Return to “Wallet”