Polloc

Bitcoin.com Wallet Issues Megathread

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:10 pm

! Message from: Fremont
We will be using this Sticky thread to provide updates and respond to questions about the current Bitcoin.com Wallet issues - all threads related to this will be merged into this thread.

Please note that your funds are completely safe. As long as you have your seed words you will be able to restore your wallet. Funds are not at risk at all.

Please read from this post on for more info:
technical-support/network-error-when-se ... tml#p90613
 ! Message from: Fremont
The wallet issues have now been resolved, and all Bitcoin balances should now be available. Restoring from seed issues have also been resolved. One of our devs found a bug in BitPay's code which caused our backend to grind to a halt as our wallet is a fork of Copay, BitPay's open source wallet. He quickly placed a pull request on their Github and they eventually got it fixed about 2 hours ago.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused as a result of the above BitPay bug.
Hi,

I need help.

I am not able to send funds and not update wallet. It keeps telling network error.

Send screen is empty.

What to do?

Chris
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 16ByPxM5KqHUigBG1N3jm7cRVbFntH4yA9

Re: Network error when sending funds

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:11 pm

Hello Polloc, have you try to restart your wallet ?
Image pgp
https://wallet.bitcoin.com [Choose your wallet]
https://buy.bitcoin.com [Buy bitcoin]

Polloc

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:13 pm

Yes, I tried reload app like 15 times.

mikur5

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem for more than an hour. Connectivity of my pc is completely fine. Tried to restart everything couple of times without any result. Any advice?

Polloc

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:17 pm

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem for more than an hour. Connectivity of my pc is completely fine. Tried to restart everything couple of times without any result. Any advice?
I was now able to send. Try again. I think it is fixed now.

Chris
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 16ByPxM5KqHUigBG1N3jm7cRVbFntH4yA9

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:19 pm

Bitcoin.com wallet team tweaked some system settings in order to better handle our quickly growing userbase, to ensure similar issues do not occur in future, its seems everything working now..
Image pgp
https://wallet.bitcoin.com [Choose your wallet]
https://buy.bitcoin.com [Buy bitcoin]

karelsey

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:16 pm

hey,

if i want to update my personal wallet, i always get the message : could not update wallet 521
Both on cellphone and on Pc

mikur5

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi,

I was now able to send. Try again. I think it is fixed now.
Thx for help, but I'm little bit limited by time when I can solve these things and still no luck over here... Second day and I still cannot use my wallet.

mikur5

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:56 pm

Bitcoin.com wallet team tweaked some system settings in order to better handle our quickly growing userbase, to ensure similar issues do not occur in future, its seems everything working now..
Well now it seems not working again. Any advice?

johnnyjaxon

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi, I have the same problem.
Sometimes there is written Network error, and some times could not register at server.

johnnyjaxon

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:53 pm

It is still not working. I have no access to my bitcoins! I can´t create new wallets and i cant send any bitcoins.
Please work on this Issue.
The mac wallet says : 521. Whats that for an issue? Is it networkerror? Registrationerror?

spirulina

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:31 pm

I too am having this problem on a Windows 10 machine. My connection is fine, but my wallet won't connect. says 16 hours ago Network error

Panagis

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:21 pm

Same...
"Could not update wallet: Network error" during Address refresh in settings or
"Network Error" during normal use in balance sheet...
I hope I will find my money there when it comes back... If it comes back...

Potatu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:01 pm

Yeah, same problem(s) here, too.

"Network error" and/or "could not update". Last connect was 10 hours ago, since then nothing.

On Windows 10 btw.

Gib bitcoin balance, plz!

johnnyjaxon

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:16 pm

And now? Is somebody from the bitcoin.com group who will make a statement to that? What´s up guys. We have no access to our bitcoins!
Why you think you are not hacked? So if not, please make a statement or write pm´s to get wallet adresses to fix it.

I personally think you were hacked.

Recovery is also not possible

myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Network error when sending funds [merged]

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:59 pm

I bought Some Bitcoins today with my credit card and my wallet on my mobile app stopped working at the same time. the web page said to restore so I did that and I keep getting a msg saying my phrase does not work???? am I the only one having any problems with the wallet today? I have a printed picture of what my phrase was and I used it when I got a new phone last week so I know it is correct.... HELP!

johnnyjaxon

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:02 am

Hi, i got the same problem. They seem to have problems with the wallets. I also have no access to my bitcoin. there are shown, but i cant send them and the wallet can not synchronise. -- Network error.

Restore from Backup is also not possible.
The alert after the app tries to get the wallet from backup is that, there would be no wallet - service registered for this phrase

@bitcoin.com : are you hacked or what happened? are the bitcoins lost?

myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:09 am

I logged on my laptop and a msg appears saying you can access from a copay wallet such as bitpay if you need to access but that does not work either. I just hope I don't lose all my bitcoin...

Potatu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:10 am

Where are the mods? What the hell is going on with the servers?

No info whatsoever...why?

myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:24 am

12 hours and nothing from this site.... WHY?

Potatu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:28 am

@bitcoin.com

Dudes...no response from mods whatsoever...what the hell is going on?

I need my bitcoins.

A response would be in order.

myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:37 am

I cant believe more people are not complaining, or just saying something, DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY ISSUES????

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:41 am

Hi all,

Apologies for the lack of updates. Our dev team has been hard at work attempting to resolve the issues on the wallet's backend, and this work is continuing at this current point in time. We realise that people have funds locked up in the wallet as a result of the issues and this is causing a major inconvenience to you.

As a workaround you can go to Settings -> [Your Wallet] -> More options -> Wallet Service URL -> and then change from https://bws.bitcoin.com/bws/api to https://bws.bitpay.com/bws/api

It will work, but you will no longer be using our backend (you will be using BitPay's).

Please note that multisig wallets will not work unless and until the wallet service URL is restored to https://bws.bitcoin.com/bws/api. We hope to have these issues resolved within the next 24 hours but we cannot provide a solid guarantee to that effect at this moment in time so I'm not going to pretend it's a definite time-frame.

We will use this thread to provide any updates and answer and questions.

Please note that your funds are completely safe. As long as you have your seed words you will be able to restore your wallet. Funds are not at risk at all.

Again, please accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of the Bitcoin.com for any inconvenience caused. You can also email wallet@bitcoin.com with any questions or concerns you may have.

If you are having an issue with restoring your seed words to another wallet please sit tight and be sure to keep those seed words safe. We will ensure that the issues are resolved and as long as you have those seed words you will be able to regain access to your funds once the backend issues have been fixed.

Fremont

myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: [Bitcoin.com Wallet] Network error when sending funds

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:48 am

so what do I do if I was in the process of restoring my wallet? I don't have one to go into to change settings????????? I also hope you don't wait 5 hours to respond. I noticed you had no problem removing my post that asked about HACKED OR NOT? The lack of response is not very professional and does not make people trust in or believe what you are saying...

myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:52 am

So why cant I go to Bitpay and restore from their site? it says my phrase is not correct.

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:53 am

so what do I do if I was in the process of restoring my wallet? I don't have one to go into to change settings????????? I also hope you don't wait 5 hours to respond. I noticed you had no problem removing my post that asked about HACKED OR NOT? The lack of response is not very professional and does not make people trust in or believe what you are saying...
I have just edited my post above to include information about restoring. Please rest assured that your 'HACKED OR NOT' post was not removed, it was simply merged into this thread and the title changed to the title of this thread. Our service has not been hacked, but the way our Wallet works (being a fork of the open source Copay wallet) even if it had that would not put your bitcoins at risk as the private keys for your wallet are generated on your device alone - we never have access to them.

The current issue on our wallet's backend is causing querying issues and the network problems are compounding this. Our devs are working to restore functionality and I or one of the moderators will provide further updates from them once we have them.

I fully understand your skepticism and your concerns and I'm incredibly sorry that we haven't got the issues resolved yet.
So why cant I go to Bitpay and restore from their site? it says my phrase is not correct.
The last information I have from our dev is that this is most likely being caused by an issue on our own backend. I'm afraid I don't have any further information to provide at this current moment in time, but we will provide updates as we get them from our devs. Unfortunately I'm not a dev myself so I cannot speculate as to the exact reasons why the above is occurring.

Fremont

myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:57 am

Thank you, I do appreciate the response

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:00 am

You're very welcome, and I really am very sorry that I can't do more to assist at this current point in time. Our devs are the only ones that can resolve the problem. :(

Potatu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:12 am

You're very welcome, and I really am very sorry that I can't do more to assist at this current point in time. Our devs are the only ones that can resolve the problem. :(

Thanks for the response, Fremont.

Still kinda spooked, but feel a bit (just a tiny bit) better now that there is some information and clarity.

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:16 am

Thanks for the response, Fremont.

Still kinda spooked, but feel a bit (just a tiny bit) better now that there is some information and clarity.
You're welcome Potatu, and I do understand you feeling spooked. Rest assured, however, that we do not control your bitcoins in any way at all. Once you have your seed you will be able to restore your wallet and I'll see if our devs can make the seed issue a priority to repair.

Return to “Wallet”