bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: Bitcoin.com Wallet Issues Megathread

Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:19 am

When i "request specific amount" on the receive part of the app, and after entering the amount i want to purchase it goes to a blank screen with "custom amount" on the top, then nothing happens. Any solutions to this?
The "receive" and "receive custom amount" menus on the home screen are for requesting payment of BTC or BCC from another person, say you wanted a friend to pay you $10 in bitcoin you could generate the QR code for him so all he would bhave to do is scan it and send.
Bitcoin.com do not sell Bitcoins.

You can purchase bitcoin via the app by going to the "next steps" menu and selecting "buy bitcoin"
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

bdtucker

Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Thanks for the quick response!

Recent withdrawals
ID Date Type Amount Fee Status
AGEHZHY 10-14-17 12:52:21 -0600 Bitcoin Cash ฿4.51998 ฿0.00100 Success
AGEGNPH 10-14-17 12:45:10 -0600 Bitcoin Cash ฿4.49900 ฿0.00100 Success
AGEERCB 10-14-17 12:31:37 -0600 Bitcoin Cash ฿0.00400 ฿0.00100 Success

That is from Kraken.

The transactions are now showing up as complete. However, I can not send using bitcoin cash. Trying to send does not allow me to select the wallet.

Also, every time I hit the home button, my wallets are no longer displayed, and I have to restart the wallet in order to see the funds.

Thanks again for the response!

bdtucker

Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:27 pm

I believe I have solved the above.

To send Bitcoin Cash, you have to select legacy, and then enter the amount to send. I would honestly prefer a drop down to select the wallet to send from.

Just so others are aware, I had a response from support within a few hours, and then a confirmation email shortly after that.

Very solid support! Thanks so much!

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:11 pm

I believe I have solved the above.

To send Bitcoin Cash, you have to select legacy, and then enter the amount to send. I would honestly prefer a drop down to select the wallet to send from.

Just so others are aware, I had a response from support within a few hours, and then a confirmation email shortly after that.

Very solid support! Thanks so much!
Just to clarify on the above you tap the 'Legacy' button once until you see 'Cash'; when you see 'Cash' this means that you are sending from your Bitcoin Cash (BCC) wallet. 'Legacy' means you are sending from your Bitcoin (BTC) wallet.

epap

Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how I can sign a message on the Bitcoin.com wallet? And also, how do I access the private keys?

Thank you!

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how I can sign a message on the Bitcoin.com wallet? And also, how do I access the private keys?

Thank you!
Hi there,

It is not currently possible to sign a message using our wallet, although this is something we plan to develop and include in the future.

Regarding private keys, there are two methods to obtain your private keys:

Visit https://bip32jp.github.io/english/ and paste your BIP39 passphrase (Bitcoin.com wallet 12 words backup). Then you can get your xPrivKey on the BIP32 Extended Key input.

or

Go to Settings -> Wallets -> Choose your wallet -> More Options -> Export Wallet -> File/Text -> Set up a password -> Download

- Then, go to https://bitwiseshiftleft.github.io/sjcl/demo/
- Open your file and copy the whole text
- Paste the text in Ciphertext text area

- Enter your password on the Password input (this password is the one that you set up when exporting in the Bitcoin.com wallet)

- Then click decrypt
- In the Plaintext text area you will find the xPrivKey

Stevennickel

Donate BTC of your choice to 1BhwcS1oZC5iR5eB7YatnW9zxm6Lns53rA

Could not update Transaction History

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:44 pm

I have purchased .15 BTC this morning (about 4 hours ago), and it hasn't updated in my Bitcoin.com Wallet on my Windows 8.1 Laptop. When I open "Personal Wallet", I only see an attempt to refresh followed by "Could not update Transaction History" and the balance remains 0.00 BTC.

I hit the "Generate new Address" key exactly one time after the purchase- I don't believe it should have affected anything.

1. How long is acceptable to wait for this to populate? The transaction was done through the Simplex site.
2. Will updating the Wallet help/hinder anything?

This is the standard download of Bitcoin.com Wallet from Bitcoin.com.

AbdulRehman

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:00 am

I have the same exact issue as the post above,the funds transaction took place immediately but still nothing on the app, also blockchain.com shows no updates on my address either. Help needed.

philipmancesa

Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:48 am

Hi Guys, How do I get my bitcoin cash from my bitcoin.com wallet?

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Db3ACR6PpK5pkMFMn3DAErQ47y9zhxSPo

Can no longer access Bitcoin.com wallet on Android

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:17 pm

Support. I've set my Bitcoin.com wallet on my Android device to open with my fingerprint on the phone's scanner. A couple days ago I got a cut on my scanning finger which has been interfering with the scanner. Up until today it was working maybe 50% of the time, but today I started getting 100% fails. I tried to get into my Bitcoin.com wallet enough times that I got the error message "Too many tries, please try again later." Using the backup dot-swipe pattern code didn't work either.

Only then did I think of adding a second scanning finger to my device, which I did. When I got back to the Bitcoin.com app, scanning my new finger seemed to work, but it never gets past the "Verify your identity" page with the "Scan again" button. As many times as I successfully scan, it doesn't go to the wallets screen. No error message is displayed

Now here it is, an hour later and I still can't log in. Is there a hidden timeout I still need to wait for? How long is it? Have I broken my wallet by trying to log in too many times and failing? Thanks for any help you can give!
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

anothertimewaster

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:20 pm

I downloaded v 4.0.2 for IOS
Getting " Error Could not broadcast payment: error querying the blockchain" whenever I try to send bch.
I have restarted the app and rebooted my phone, same results.

creativename

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:37 pm

Hi Guys,

Firstly, really love the update to the app, thank you for that! Finally i can sweep my BCH cold storage wallets without issue..

That said, the issue now is sending funds, every time I try and send someone funds it says "error querying network" I try and rebroadcast, and same thing...

Really appreciate any help with this!

Thanks!

julianeh

Donate BTC of your choice to 1AvdamDD27G58Cehd7HNQ1adiqNYwiZwsg

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:09 pm

I have a bitcoin.com wallet and I need to send BTC, I put de send code or de QR code, then i go to the amount page and it doesn't let me do anything, I can't put the amount and I don't get any send option. Please help, I need to do the transaction asap.

ddennison1976

Donate BTC of your choice to 1NX6CZ7L1rAgcFqKoNtLWHiBnYb8nVjnKc

Re: Bitcoin.com Wallet Issue

Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:27 am

I went to buy Bitcoin at Bitcoin ATM and used the address for the BCH wallet will the money go into that wallet

Glexaeon

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:58 pm

Hi everyone,

3 days ago i bought 0.1 bitcoin. I used the adress provided by my Jaxx wallet. The 0.1 bitcoin showed up as received, but unconfirmed. 1 hour later the transaction was confirmed by 6+ blocks. However i could not spend any of the bitcoin or it would result in an 'transaction failed'.

2 days after my 0.1 bitcoin investment, i bought after 50 euros worth of bitcoin. This bitcoin was confirmed within an hour, and i could instantly spend 45+ fee.

I installed a diffrent wallet (exodus) to check my bitcoin amount, as i could spend the 50 but not the 800~ on Jaxx.

The exodus wallet showed 50 - 45~ on transactions, with aprox 5 euros remaining. My jaxx still showed 800~+ 5 euros, but again i couldent spend it.

I re-loaded the cache on Jaxx, and it also showed 5 euros remaining. No sign to be seen from the 800 euro's. Not in transactions, not in private keys.

I checked the status of the transaction ID and it shows that it has been confirmed and 'unspent'.

I've tried to install bitcoin core, but since this requires a wallet.dat file which i dont have (because Jaxx uses 12 words) i cannot connect my 'wallet/account' to Bitcoin core.

Can anyone help me to retrieve my lost 0.1 bitcoins?

Thanks! Tim

JasonNikolaisen

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:39 pm

Is there away of backing up your wallet to a new device like Android if you no longer have record of the secret phrase? I wrote it down but starting to
think someone tossed it. Let me know thanks.

yabu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:35 pm

I saw that version 4.0.3 of the bitcoin.com wallet had new capabilities to sweep private keys. Would that mean that it's now possible to import BCH from an Android wallet? I would like to test using bitcoin cash...

Hamedgn

Donate BTC of your choice to 1JwPK4NNUZGw1zyUvqRA5UHumyGX2VcLTA

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:00 am

I have problem with my bitcoin Wallet in entering amount for send. my app is up to date. but not working
numerical pad not working . It looks like calculator and the button not working to enter amount. I tried android and windows. same problem.

AlexCorbett

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi there, apologies in advance for this long and technically naive post!

I bought some Bitcoin a few years ago and stored them in a Multibit wallet on my Mac. I have 2 versions of Multibit stored - v0.5.15 and v0.5.18. The wallet is saved on an old Mac that I no longer use.

I have barely looked at the wallet since then. My intention was to buy and hold as a speculative investment. I once transferred the BTC out of the wallet onto Coinbase and then back again within a few minutes (just to test the process for sending and receiving the BTC) but aside from that, the wallet has not been used for anything other than storage.

After seeing the market value of BTC climb steeply during the last few weeks I logged onto the old Mac and opened Multibit v0.5.18. I could see that my BTC were stored in it and I learned that Multibit has been out of support for some time and that I needed to transfer the BTC to a new wallet. The wallet wouldn't sync with the Network but I read instructions online for creating a private key that I could then use to 'sweep' the BTC into a new wallet with.

When I tried to create a private key I found that I was being asked for a password. I don't remember ever setting a password for the wallet, nor do I remember needing to use a password when transferring to Coinbase and back. I have spent the last 48 hours searching everywhere for a record of a password but have found nothing. This is very very unusual for me - I have a tried and tested system of emailing abbreviated versions of important info like passwords to myself but cannot find any such record for the Multibit wallet. I've also tried countless variations of my main passwords but they have all been rejected. I might be wrong, but I'm almost certain that I never set one.

I also tried opening v0.5.15 of the Multibit software and it behaved differently to v0.5.18. Firstly, it synced with the network quite quickly (v0.5.18 hadn't even started to sync after having it open for several hours). Secondly the wallet appeared temporarily (i.e. for maybe an hour or so) without a password being set. I was able to generate a private key without inputting a password and the option to "add password" appeared in the drop down menu. This clearly indicates at the very least that it was possible to create wallets in Multibit that were not password protected but I think it also indicates that my wallet did not have a password. However, I've tried sweeping the wallet with the private key into other wallets and it's either not been recognised or has indicated that no funds are in the source wallet. I've checked the wallet on bitref and it shows the the BTC is still stored in there. Strangely, the password protection has now appeared on both v0.5.15 and v0.5.18.

I've got a horrible feeling that this means that I won't be able to recover my bitcoin. I'm not very tech savvy so struggle to follow the discussion on a lot of the Bitcoin message boards that I've looked at. I think my key questions are:

1. Does anyone know of a bug in the versions of Multibit that I've been using, which would 'impose' a password? If so, could a standard password have been applied and what could it be?

2. I saw somewhere that it might be possible to discern either the password or the private key from the underlying data files. Having exported and imported the BTC, I have the transaction records but wouldn't know where to start to try and decrypt them, if such a thing was even possible. Is this worth looking into?

Thanks for reading. If anyone has any smart ideas I'd be extremely grateful!

ekekek

Donate BTC of your choice to 19HiWvxZo2uw2rFfCSudjGbLNJPYkJCtF2

Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:18 am

"bug" #1 - i had to delete the BTC wallet in order for the BCH wallet to show BCH when sending coins. Otherwise it was defaulting to BTC and the exchange rate was messed up. I do not use Bitcoin.com to send BTC so deleting it was not a problem for me. Not sure if i missed something, but could not select BCH.

bug #2 - tried to scan an address on Uphold.com, the system could not interpret the "bitcoin-cash:1xxxx" so i had to copy and paste, and delete the bitcoin-cash: protocol header. This should automatically get inserted to the send field.

Both minor annoyances but novices would have issues with these.

Trszzman

Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:51 am

New to this forum. In September I sent Bitcoin to my coinbase ethereum account by accident and the transaction actually went through. Is anybody no way I can reverse this I cannot get any support from coinbase. I sent them 20-30 emails and never got one single response. Thanks

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:34 am

New to this forum. In September I sent Bitcoin to my coinbase ethereum account by accident and the transaction actually went through. Is anybody no way I can reverse this I cannot get any support from coinbase. I sent them 20-30 emails and never got one single response. Thanks
What wallet did you send the Bitcoin from? All the wallets that I know of sport address verification. Ethereum addresses start with a 0x, so there's no way a wallet allowed you sending to that. Even if it did, the blockchain itself would reject the transaction as invalid.

Could you give the transaction ID?
theres a snake in my boot

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:41 am

Is there away of backing up your wallet to a new device like Android if you no longer have record of the secret phrase? I wrote it down but starting to
think someone tossed it. Let me know thanks.
No. But what you can do is log into your bitcoin.com wallet, and send the Bitcoin/Bitcoin cash within that wallet to another wallet that you have access to. If you have none, make one.
theres a snake in my boot

Cryptoman

Not receiving BCH from import of pre-fork private key

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:57 pm

I had a pre-fork BTC address that had a small amount of coin in it. I generated a QR code of the private key and scanned it into the Bitcoin.com wallet (v4.1.0). I don't remember the specifics of the user dialog, but I believe I was prompted to import the funds separately into the BCH and BTC wallets, and I imported into both. Apparently, the wallet (or server) generated two separate transactions, one each on the BTC and BCH blockchains. The BTC transaction confirmed fairly quickly (with a gigantic transaction fee :x ). I'm still waiting for even one confirmation on the BCH blockchain, even though 8+ blocks have been mined in the interim (wallet still says "Receiving", even after restarting). I can't even find the address in the BCH mempool. If I try to import the privkey again, it says there are no funds available in either the BTC or BCH addresses. I know the funds are secure since they haven't moved on the BCH blockchain from the original address and I have the privkey, but do you have any idea what happened? Is the bitcoin.com BCH node not communicating with its peers?

Cryptoman

Re: Not receiving BCH from import of pre-fork private key

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:57 pm

Is the bitcoin.com BCH node not communicating with its peers?
I'm going to go with this as the most likely explanation. The BCH transaction finally went through about 13 hours later.

Smadback

Can't send BCH from my bitcoin.com wallet

Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:44 am

Hi,

inside my bitcoin.com app I have a BCH wallet from which I want to send my Bitcoin Cash to my Ledger Nano S. I read in the instructions that I can just go to "Send", scan the recipient address (I am using the Bitcoin Cash split chain on my Ledger Nano S) and then I should be able to just select BCH and enter the amount I want to send.

The problem is, after I scan the QR code I can't select BCH as the currency. I can only swap between BTC and EUR (living in germany) if I click on it. Is there a simple mistake I am making or may there be a problem with my app? How can I access my BCH if I can't send it?

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Db3ACR6PpK5pkMFMn3DAErQ47y9zhxSPo

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:26 pm

So I've been using the Bitcoin.com wallet for many months now and I need to say this:

When you have multiple wallets, the order of operations for payments NEEDS to change.

Right now, to make a payment, you select "Send" and then select a wallet. This absolutely needs to be the other way around. The potential for spending from the wrong wallet is so much higher when doing it the current way. I've almost accidentally sent BTC instead of BCH not just once, but MULTIPLE times, and I KEEP doing it because the order is not intuitive. I've even moved coins from a wallet back into the same wallet (minus fees) by accident because of this tricky setup.

Users should select their wallet FIRST, and then have the option to send/receive to it. This removes all ambiguity about which wallet users are spending from or receiving to.
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

JoshuaNeale97

Donate BTC of your choice to 1GwBEzQN2J3Qkzzmuv5Y6xYhk61pLiST6W

Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:01 am

Hello I just bought about 400$ worth of bitcoin but it is not showing up in my wallet. It says that I have 0 in my wallet how do I fix this? Please help

Firefly

Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi all,
Some other threads are opened about it but looks like this is here solutions might be found :-)
Some of us are facing an "Insight Error" with no possibility to update transaction (OS X, IOS and Android bitcoin.com wallets).
Wallet was working correctly yesterday for some IN/OUT transactions.
I had a successful connection 2 hours ago and thought it was good again but it did not last and the "Insight Error" is back.
Is there anything to do else than panicking and creating more issue trying silly things by ourselves ?
Thanks in advance for any support :-)

JB1979
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:46 pm

Hi all,
Some other threads are opened about it but looks like this is here solutions might be found :-)
Some of us are facing an "Insight Error" with no possibility to update transaction (OS X, IOS and Android bitcoin.com wallets).
Wallet was working correctly yesterday for some IN/OUT transactions.
I had a successful connection 2 hours ago and thought it was good again but it did not last and the "Insight Error" is back.
Is there anything to do else than panicking and creating more issue trying silly things by ourselves ?
Thanks in advance for any support :-)

I have same issue but was receiving a payment that has not updated to my wallet and has vanished maybe a MOD can step in and help us on this issue hey firefly

Return to “Wallet”