myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Bitcoin.com Wallet Issues Megathread

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:35 pm

I am sorry this guy is going through this to but i am seeing that i am not the only one

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:44 pm

the emails are from your credit card processor simplex saying that my purchase went through. i have tried everything this does nothing the seed or phrase is correct I have entered it made the changes I keep getting the same msg
If you follow the instructions I posted here in relation to changing the Wallet Service URL you will be able to restore your wallet from seed.

Please PM me your Wallet Id. You'll find it in Settings -> [Your wallet] -> More options -> Wallet Information.
Please also PM me the Bitcoin address which you provided to Simplex to receive your funds at.

Thanks.

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:45 pm

i only have these seeds, and only using your App, also i have the emails from your website telling that already received my funds in my wallet at the time your app was Down, and now when i retrieve it you telling me this seeds does not have my funds??????????
Please PM me the Bitcoin address which you provided to Simplex to receive your funds at.

myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

WHY DO YOU KEEP MOVING MY POSTS I WANTED TO KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE HAD THE SAME ISSUE AS MEN WITH THE PHRASE

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:45 pm

You keep moving it like you have something to hide I am not going away i am even willing to post a picture of the phrase to show people the truth...

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WHY DO YOU KEEP MOVING MY POSTS I WANTED TO KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE HAD THE SAME ISSUE AS MEN WITH THE PHRASE

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:49 pm

You keep moving it like you have something to hide I am not going away i am even willing to post a picture of the phrase to show people the truth...
The Wallet issues megathread which I keep merging your new topics into exists so that people can post their issues there and receive a response, and it keeps all relevant information in the same place to allow people to see both problems and solutions to the issues. Please stop posting new topics about it as they will continue to be merged.

The Wallet issues megathread is also a Stickied thread at the top of this subforum. Suggesting that we are trying to hide something by making it more visible than other posts is a rather outrageous insinuation. I understand that you are frustrated but if you will try to help us help you we can try get your issues resolved.

Don't post your seed phrase anywhere as people will be able to import it into other wallets and steal your funds. If you do decide to post it we can not be held responsible for your lost funds.

myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:02 pm

how can i give you a wallet id of a wallet i don't have anymore? If i set up a new one wont it have a new id different from the original?

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:07 pm

how can i give you a wallet id of a wallet i don't have anymore? If i set up a new one wont it have a new id different from the original?
Please restore your wallet using the BitPay Wallet URL and provide me with Wallet Id of your restored wallet. If your seed words are correct you *will* be able to restore either into our wallet using the BitPay Wallet URL or the Copay wallet directly. This has been tested and verified both by ourselves and other users that had issues.

myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:17 pm

I will gladly pm you the phrase it wont restore it in bitpay either

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:43 pm

I will gladly pm you the phrase it wont restore it in bitpay either
Have you changed the Wallet Service URL in the Bitcoin.com wallet to BitPay's URL when restoring? You haven't mentioned whether you have tried that yet or not.

I have just imported a wallet that I too was having trouble with previously (and could not restore into the Bitcoin.com wallet without BitPay's Wallet Service URL or Copay) into both the Bitcoin.com wallet with the BitPay Wallet Service URL, and the Copay wallet. This suggests that the issue is most likely with your seed words.

myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:48 pm

i have tried changing that as well I have the seed words from the day I set up the wallet i printed a picture of the screen i used the words once before with no issue this started at 130ish yesterday my time. I sent you the address that the purchase was sent to but i have no way of getting into that wallet if i cant get the phrase to work at this point i would gladly pm you the words and the image just to prove I am not an idiot lol it does not work

myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:37 pm

I pm'd you the phrase it does not work I have tried everything you said and sent you the address the bitcoin was sent to

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:15 pm

i have tried changing that as well I have the seed words from the day I set up the wallet i printed a picture of the screen i used the words once before with no issue this started at 130ish yesterday my time. I sent you the address that the purchase was sent to but i have no way of getting into that wallet if i cant get the phrase to work at this point i would gladly pm you the words and the image just to prove I am not an idiot lol it does not work
I pm'd you the phrase it does not work I have tried everything you said and sent you the address the bitcoin was sent to
If you are getting the 'Could not access the wallet at the server' error then the recovery phrase is fine / correct, but is quite possibly missing a password (if one is set). That's the only thing I can think of that is preventing the wallet from importing on either our own wallet or Copay.

I have forwarded the seed phrase on to one of our devs and if/when they are able to figure it out I will advise you how to regain access. You will then need to move your funds to another wallet (as you have shared your seed words with others) and, if desired, reinstall the Bitcoin.com wallet from scratch (as this will generate a new seed phrase).

Note to others:
Do NOT send us your seed words. Keep them private and do not share them with anyone.

Fremont

myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:49 am

I never would have but I tried everything and i know that i had the phrase right.

myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:07 am

I don't even see a place to set a password i know it says may need one but where do you actually go in the wallet to set one?

myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:39 am

I already have a new wallet and i did find the password setting my old wallet did not have one set i will wait to here from you hope to here something on this

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:27 am

I already have a new wallet and i did find the password setting my old wallet did not have one set i will wait to here from you hope to here something on this
I have just PM'd you a solution from our dev; please check your private messages. :)
Go "New Personal Wallet" -> Advanced -> Walley Key, Select "Specify Recovery Phrase", then enter the 12 words as recovery phrase. Create the wallet (this will show '0' at first), then click on "Receive" and then "Generate new address" until the address with the balance appears. After that the balance will show properly.

myohe74
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Wow!!! I have to say I am shocked I already had kissed that money goodbye, Thank you for that and sorry I was such an ASS. I have been burnt before and just assumed that would happen again. I was very frustrated cause I knew I was not crazy about my phrase and all the responses were geared towards input errors which made me very skeptical. I am sorry and thank you for the help. Everything worked, this was a test wallet for me and have to say after this I am sold you guys are amazing!

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:47 am

Wow!!! I have to say I am shocked I already had kissed that money goodbye, Thank you for that and sorry I was such an ASS. I have been burnt before and just assumed that would happen again. I was very frustrated cause I knew I was not crazy about my phrase and all the responses were geared towards input errors which made me very skeptical. I am sorry and thank you for the help. Everything worked, this was a test wallet for me and have to say after this I am sold you guys are amazing!
I just wanted to pop back in here to tell you that you're very welcome, myohe74, and no apology at all is needed. Your frustration was completely understandable and we're just glad you're back in your wallet! :)

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Ha, am I the only one who hasn't had any issues with this wallet?
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

stasibomb

Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:59 am

Hi, my wallet is having issues. I feel like I've lost a lot of money as I cannot send funds out from my bitcoin.com wallet.

I've tried a workaround suggested by Admin Fremont: "As a workaround you can go to Settings -> [Your Wallet] -> More options -> Wallet Service URL -> and then change from https://bws.bitcoin.com/bws/api to https://bws.bitpay.com/bws/api"

But that didn't work.

See screenshots below of the issues I'm having:

Any help is appreciated. I really want to transfer my funds out of the wallet!

stasibomb

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:48 am

Should I uninstall/delete my bitcoin.com wallet, and then reinstall and sync my wallet via my codewords?

throughnothing
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 17XwrhkbVdxUpWH2wDKiv6W2okuDQ3R6dG

Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:56 am

This is a minor thing, but I noticed if you click "Do this later" during onboarding when it asks to back up your secret words, the text on the following dialog box still references "BitPay" (creators of Copay), but it should probably say "Bitcoin.com" for brand consistency.
Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 9.53.00 PM.png

mikur5

Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Hi, I was charged almost the same money for fee like the amount of money I sent. Could you give me explanation about this? My fee setup is to normal...
Attachments
fees.PNG
insane fee.PNG

Skippy2120

Donate BTC of your choice to 13TGHf9ybh4hjR7sWrnjhNmSuBcWgF7WfS

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:54 am

Hi- I've added the finger print security feature on my phone app to the wallet - only now my wallet will not open, it states " fingerprint recognized" but then repeatedly shows a re-scan page which i cant get passed?? can anyone advise on a fix, or had similar issues ?

A.R.B.N

Bitcoin.com wallet recovery problem

Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:49 pm

hello
i have Bitcoin.com Wallet on PC and Android.
I did data factory reset my Android phone
then reinstall wallet, and my personal wallet restored successfully but i wanted to check it again, so i did delete the wallet from app. and try to restore it again
the Personal wallet has been restored
but now, when i click on it, it cant load history transactions.
same happened to windows application, it cant load history too.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
photo_2017-08-30_21-30-48.jpg

A.R.B.N

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:56 pm

I removed android APP and windows software
now i cant recover my wallet :-|
error: Could not import: Error querying the Blockchain
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Cayten

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Erukg7tKrqQ8KLCwindSgBsXjmyBJFeBV

Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:47 am

When i "request specific amount" on the receive part of the app, and after entering the amount i want to purchase it goes to a blank screen with "custom amount" on the top, then nothing happens. Any solutions to this?

bdtucker

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:13 am

I am getting the following error trying to access my bitcoin cash:

"Could not update wallet: Error querying the blockchain".

This began occurring after my third transaction today.

I installed the wallet on Windows 7 today, configured and backed up the bitcoin wallet, and configured and backed up a bitcoin cash wallet.

My first 2 transactions were fine. The third transaction, receiving funds, too several hours in a processing status before I got this message.

The funds were being transferred from Kraken, and that transaction shows success.

Please advise.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:12 am

I am getting the following error trying to access my bitcoin cash:

"Could not update wallet: Error querying the blockchain".

This began occurring after my third transaction today.

I installed the wallet on Windows 7 today, configured and backed up the bitcoin wallet, and configured and backed up a bitcoin cash wallet.

My first 2 transactions were fine. The third transaction, receiving funds, too several hours in a processing status before I got this message.

The funds were being transferred from Kraken, and that transaction shows success.

Please advise.
Could you please post the Txid's so our support staff can look into the transactions, thanks.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Return to “Wallet”