ameriprise2

Re: Bitcoin.com Wallet Issues Megathread

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:10 pm

Sorry to hear about this inconvenience. We are looking into it and will have it fixed as soon as possible.

Also, please update your client to v4.5.0 when it comes out today and see if the problem persists. Thank you.

Hello, thanks for advice. Unfortunately it is still same even on new version. Tried today 10 times all attempts with same result:

always stuck at "broadcasting transaction"

-- just installed app on my phone with android and it is doing exactly same nasty behavior, payment stuck at "broadcasting transaction", this app is at this moment totally unusable:( BTCs are locked cannot send them anywhere...

abitcoincashuser

Donate BTC of your choice to qzmg6mr2jnl4ltrwlnpfukkkpqp3

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:20 pm

I'm now attempting to send BCH from the Bitcoin.com wallet to Bitpay's wallet.

The bitcoin.com wallet is saying the cash address bitpay is generating is invalid after it attempts to calculate the fee. Both wallets are latest release.

edit: so It must have been on my end some how. I deleted the wallet with funds on it and imported back with the backup phrase and now it's allowing me to send money again.

The only thing I changed was the BWS from the default to Bitpay's. May have had something to do with it.

edit 2: So bitpay's walllet understands the payment address but even IT can't complete the payment since I get an error at confirm as well

fix your collective shit

edit 3: Finally went through. Yaaaaaaay they did it.

CryptoSwings

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:49 pm

Wish I had read this thread first...

had 0.017 BTC on copay was attempting to load BitPay card, payment was getting problems with signing the message just like described above... so researched other wallets accepting this stupid ass payment protocol and obviously end up downloading Bitcoin.com wallet... Well fuck me... I am now stuck with this coin there and not getting past "Broadcasting transaction".

For some reason, when sending out of CoPay as a normal transaction to Bitcoin.com there were no problems with sending it out. Makes me believe everything is effed because of this same protocol. I was able to load through CoPay 2 days ago just fine, though.

What the fuck to do? Also, I wish whoever came up with this retarded payment protocol would break his fingers and couldn't code for the rest of his life. BitPay your really dropped the fucking ball.

CryptoSwings
Last edited by CryptoSwings on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:36 pm

had 0.017 BTC on copay was attempting to load BitPay card, payment was getting problems with signing the message just like described above... so researched other wallets accepting this stupid ass payment protocol and obviously end up downloading Bitcoin.com wallet... Well fuck me... I am now stuck with this coin there and not getting past "Broadcasting transaction". For some reason, there were no problems with sending out BTC normally so this must be an issue with the PROTOCOL itself.

What the fuck to do? Also, I wish whoever came up with this retarded payment protocol would break his fingers and couldn't code for the rest of his life. BitPay your really dropped the fucking ball.

CrtypoSwings
Hi CryptoSwings,

Could you email wallet@bitcoin.com with a link to your post, and let them know the current version of the wallet you're using (as well as which operating system you're using it on)? This should be completely fixed on the very latest version of our wallet for Android, Linux, OSX and Windows which was released earlier today. iOS version updates can take longer to put out into the wild due to how the App Store works.

BitPay's payment protocol has caused headaches for a lot of wallet devs but things should be working now on the latest version.

Thanks!

CryptoSwings

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:40 pm

had 0.017 BTC on copay was attempting to load BitPay card, payment was getting problems with signing the message just like described above... so researched other wallets accepting this stupid ass payment protocol and obviously end up downloading Bitcoin.com wallet... Well fuck me... I am now stuck with this coin there and not getting past "Broadcasting transaction". For some reason, there were no problems with sending out BTC normally so this must be an issue with the PROTOCOL itself.

CrtypoSwings
Hi CryptoSwings,

Could you email wallet@bitcoin.com with a link to your post, and let them know the current version of the wallet you're using (as well as which operating system you're using it on)? This should be completely fixed on the very latest version of our wallet for Android, Linux, OSX and Windows which was released earlier today. iOS version updates can take longer to put out into the wild due to how the App Store works.

BitPay's payment protocol has caused headaches for a lot of wallet devs but things should be working now on the latest version.

Thanks!
Thank you. I will do that.

I did download this Bitcoin.com wallet from Apple App store earlier today. Didn't have it before this. The version which I have right now is v4.50

/edit I have heard back from support and like you mentioned above Apple store doesn't have it ready yet. v4.51 supposed to be patched.

CryptoSwings

CryptoSwings

Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:18 pm

Issue resolved after being able to download v4.51 from the app store today.

Was able to pay my invoice immediately. Thanks for the fix.

BitPay's payment protocol should still be torched into oblivion (at least add an option for manual payments after accepting some waivers). Rant done.

CryptoSwings

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:24 pm

Issue resolved after being able to download v4.51 from the app store today.

Was able to pay my invoice immediately. Thanks for the fix.

BitPay's payment protocol should still be torched into oblivion (at least add an option for manual payments after accepting some waivers). Rant done.

CryptoSwings
Hi CryptoSwings,

Excellent, glad to hear everything's working fine now! :) I have to say I do certainly agree with you about BitPay's payment protocol. :|

eliiosrichmond
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:18 pm

I want a better alternaltive, what are my options now ?

darpan.schdeva

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:46 pm

Hello,

I need help with the down load of the bitcoin official Wallet from bitcoin.com for windows ,I get the following error as down below after i have down loaded the wallet to my PC

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of the windows you are using.

My system needs 32 bit version of windows and i presume i have the downloaded wallet for 64 bit version.

How can i download the wallet for the 32 bit version of the windows?

Thank you for the support.

Kind Regards,
Darpan

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Hello,

I need help with the down load of the bitcoin official Wallet from bitcoin.com for windows ,I get the following error as down below after i have down loaded the wallet to my PC

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of the windows you are using.

My system needs 32 bit version of windows and i presume i have the downloaded wallet for 64 bit version.

How can i download the wallet for the 32 bit version of the windows?

Thank you for the support.

Kind Regards,
Darpan
Hi Darpan,

Sorry, the Bitcoin.com wallet software is not compatible with 32 bit operating systems.

Do you have a smartphone that you could use the mobile application on?

darpan.schdeva

Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.
Shall down load the app on my android tablet.Hope it works:)

Kind Regards,
Darpan

Windowly
Junior Mod
Junior Mod

Donate BTC of your choice to qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyq

Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:07 am

I have this problem a lot.

Signing Address: qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyqm4

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:54 am

We are aware of, and working on tracking down the missing menu bar bug.
Hopefully we can have it solved in the next update to the app.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

Windowly
Junior Mod
Junior Mod

Donate BTC of your choice to qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyq

Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:46 am

Awesome! Someone on twitter mentioned that it seems like it was inherited from Copay and they've been able to fix it. . . not sure if that helps at all!
Signing Address: qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyqm4

linuxbeak

Donate BTC of your choice to qp3vayl8gru9jje797e6uqt8qlyt

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi, I'm on android 4.4.2 on a samsung galaxy tablet and the Bitcoin.com wallet installs but it won't start. It just hangs on the yellow startup screen. Any ideas how to get it working? I tried uninstalling/reinstalling as well.

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:45 am

Lately have had no issues. It is working pretty well overall.
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

anothertimewaster

Tue May 15, 2018 9:37 pm

Using ios 11.3.1 and Bitcoin.com wallet 4.9.1

I choose scan or send then scan a QR code. it loads a valid address but doesn't give me the option to enter an amount. I can choose "send max amount" and that appears it would work, but no way to change the amount I'm sending. I've tried with both legacy and cash addresses. Rebooted phone, same results. Any ideas?

QueenGoldieTheGreat

Fri May 18, 2018 10:58 pm

Please help I never received a four digit pin and now its asking me for one is there anything that I can do

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Fri May 18, 2018 11:08 pm

Please help I never received a four digit pin and now its asking me for one is there anything that I can do
If you have your 12 word backup phrase (please don't post it or share with anyone) you could download another Bitcoin.com wallet on another device and import your backup into that. You won't need your pin. (You could also uninstall your wallet from the same device that you're using and reinstall it. However, I'm a little worried that you don't have your backup or that you might be using some other app.)

Please also keep in mind that pins are not set by default in the Bitcoin.com wallet. There should only be a pin if you went into settings and manually locked your wallet.

Are you sure that you're using a Bitcoin.com wallet?

btcHODLer

Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:15 pm

Hi,
I have an issue with the latest version of the wallet on my S8 / Android. I can't go beyond fingerprint verification anymore, because I get asked to verify in loop. Same happens when I press "Use backup" and type my password, I cant go beyond this screen:

Logcat doesnt output anything useful, and it seems like chrome remote debugging is disabled for the app too. ( Not sure if there are logs elsewhere from the wallet?)
I dont have a backup of my wallet ( had only small amounts in it) and since I dont want to trip Knox I also dont want to root (and backup app data with root).

Anything I can try to do?

Thanks in advance!

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:37 am

Hi,
I have an issue with the latest version of the wallet on my S8 / Android. I can't go beyond fingerprint verification anymore, because I get asked to verify in loop. Same happens when I press "Use backup" and type my password, I cant go beyond this screen:

Logcat doesnt output anything useful, and it seems like chrome remote debugging is disabled for the app too. ( Not sure if there are logs elsewhere from the wallet?)
I dont have a backup of my wallet ( had only small amounts in it) and since I dont want to trip Knox I also dont want to root (and backup app data with root).

Anything I can try to do?

Thanks in advance!
I have replied to your support ticket :)
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

TrenchyTitilayo

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:06 pm

The attachment E88E4EC7-D31B-41A7-B1BB-6086930BFB47.jpeg is no longer available
Am new using bitcoin and I funded it with 50$ but the funding merchant has already sent the money to my bitcoin wallet that shows transaction successful by getting back to my Bitcoin Cash I couldn’t find the money there I refreshed the account severally nothing showed up and I already contacted the funding merchant and they told me that the money has been sent since so what is really happening and you know bitcoin is an account that has no sign up just your btc account number and that’s it ...please am begging I need it urgently, if you have any issues please kindly fix it ASAP...thanks
Attachments
0227A83B-01DC-43C7-8B7B-E8321573A438.png

Hakametal

Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:20 pm

Camera in app will not open to scan QR codes. This issue has been persistent for over a month now and still hasn't been fixed. Can we please get an update on this? I had to move all my funds from your wallet because it's currently unreliable. I'm using Samsung Galaxy S6 - Android 7

Alain

Donate BTC of your choice to qp0ewrj3tyd6vjpfzmr58z87e5zy

Wallet Issues Megathread

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:47 am

Hi guy's, it's been a year now that i have this problem with my BCH wallet: it never show the latest transaction and when i tried to make a withdraw it tell my it can't access the blockchain... i've got to tried a hundred times before it works... pain in the ass.. Any advice?
Thank's

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Re: Wallet Issues Megathread

Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:05 am

Hi guy's, it's been a year now that i have this problem with my BCH wallet: it never show the latest transaction and when i tried to make a withdraw it tell my it can't access the blockchain... i've got to tried a hundred times before it works... pain in the ass.. Any advice?
Thank's
Please email our support team at: wallet@bitcoin.com

Since we have no access to users wallets, please also provide a screenshot of your "Wallets" homepage.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:12 am

Camera in app will not open to scan QR codes. This issue has been persistent for over a month now and still hasn't been fixed. Can we please get an update on this? I had to move all my funds from your wallet because it's currently unreliable. I'm using Samsung Galaxy S6 - Android 7
The camera problems for Android 7 should be fixed now in the latest release (v5.6-rc3). Unfortunately we are still having camera issues with Android 5 devices.
These camera problems will be fixed in the next update, hopefully released this week

Gammalabs

Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:19 pm

Hi!

I created a shared wallet between my work phone(copayer wallet 1) and personal phone(copayer wallet 0). Then i transferred all the funds from another wallet(Wallet 2). This wallet needs two signatures(my mistake but i'm a beginner). I still have Wallet 2 and Wallet 1 but i deleted copayer wallet 0 by mistake because i didn't want anything work related on my personal phone.

I have the extended public key for wallet 0, and also i believe i set a password for it but i don't have the seed(12 word recovery phrase).

Still have Wallet 2 and copayer wallet 1. Every wallet was on the app of this website

Please let me know if there is anyway i can recover copayer wallet 0 or have i lost my funds forever?

Thank you.

zzzzyyyy

Can't Add Credit Card to Buy Bitcoin Cash

Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:53 pm

Hi,

I have the Bitcoin dot com wallet on an iPhone. I'm now trying to buy Bitcoin Cash via a credit card, but I am stuck at the "Add Card" screen:

imgur dot com/a/hcgNBl5

Basically, it's impossible for me to enter the required information in that screen, because wherever I tap with my finger, the keyboard on my iPhone never activates.

Is this a known problem of the Bitcoin dot com wallet? Here are my phone specs:

iPhone 7 32 GB
iOS 12.2
Bitcoin dot com wallet v5.6-hotfix2 Commit hash #477cf95

Thanks.

PS: Consider removing that stupid policy to not post urls, I can't even post the name of the Bitcoin dot com wallet here without spelling out the dot...

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Re: Can't Add Credit Card to Buy Bitcoin Cash

Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:30 am

Hi,

I have the Bitcoin dot com wallet on an iPhone. I'm now trying to buy Bitcoin Cash via a credit card, but I am stuck at the "Add Card" screen:

imgur dot com/a/hcgNBl5

Basically, it's impossible for me to enter the required information in that screen, because wherever I tap with my finger, the keyboard on my iPhone never activates.

Is this a known problem of the Bitcoin dot com wallet? Here are my phone specs:

iPhone 7 32 GB
iOS 12.2
Bitcoin dot com wallet v5.6-hotfix2 Commit hash #477cf95

Thanks.

PS: Consider removing that stupid policy to not post urls, I can't even post the name of the Bitcoin dot com wallet here without spelling out the dot...
Thanks for providing these details. The team will look into this issue this week.

Sorry about the non url posing, this is only in place for new members and stops a lot of the spam we get

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Re:

Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:33 am

Hi!

I created a shared wallet between my work phone(copayer wallet 1) and personal phone(copayer wallet 0). Then i transferred all the funds from another wallet(Wallet 2). This wallet needs two signatures(my mistake but i'm a beginner). I still have Wallet 2 and Wallet 1 but i deleted copayer wallet 0 by mistake because i didn't want anything work related on my personal phone.

I have the extended public key for wallet 0, and also i believe i set a password for it but i don't have the seed(12 word recovery phrase).

Still have Wallet 2 and copayer wallet 1. Every wallet was on the app of this website

Please let me know if there is anyway i can recover copayer wallet 0 or have i lost my funds forever?

Thank you.
Sorry to give you the bad news, but unless you have the seed for the 2nd half of the shared wallet there is no way to recover the funds.

Return to “Wallet”