JB1979
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Bitcoin.com Wallet Issues Megathread

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:04 pm

Is there away of backing up your wallet to a new device like Android if you no longer have record of the secret phrase? I wrote it down but starting to
think someone tossed it. Let me know thanks.
No. But what you can do is log into your bitcoin.com wallet, and send the Bitcoin/Bitcoin cash within that wallet to another wallet that you have access to. If you have none, make one.
Can you help with my wallet issue my wallet is saying unable to update wallet insight error i have also had a payment vanish that was being sent to me i am completely lost as to what to do regarding sorting this out thanks

Dwensel1225

Donate BTC of your choice to 1AG92JDQwnFZW9jp1TvKQ12mK3hs87ZV5g

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:51 pm

Hello!

Was wondering if it were at all possible to change a wallet address back to a previous address as I have a miner connected to a specific account, attempted to pay for an upgrade on that miner and the address changed upon receival of funds, which is normal, but I'm unsure if I can purchase the upgrade anymore, now that the address has changed. Please help, my miner has mined quite a bit of coin for me and now I can't retrieve it.

ndamu

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:32 pm

I originally posted this in the technical discussion sub, then I saw this the next morning (oops)

I'm trying to send BCH from my bitcoin.com wallet to my Ledger Nano S. Both my wallets sync fine and I can see the correct balances in both. I click receive on my Ledger's app and scan the barcode into my bitcoin.com wallet. The wallet displays the correct address, but it only lets me send BTC. When I tried to manually enter the public address, a window popped up on the bottom half of my screen and said private key with a text field, sweep paper wallet, and copy to clipboard. It was like a delayed entry of the public address I was entering. I didn't know what was going on, so I didn't finish typing the public address.

Is this a known issue? I think the ledger wallet app only supports the legacy address format right now.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 pm

I originally posted this in the technical discussion sub, then I saw this the next morning (oops)

I'm trying to send BCH from my bitcoin.com wallet to my Ledger Nano S. Both my wallets sync fine and I can see the correct balances in both. I click receive on my Ledger's app and scan the barcode into my bitcoin.com wallet. The wallet displays the correct address, but it only lets me send BTC. When I tried to manually enter the public address, a window popped up on the bottom half of my screen and said private key with a text field, sweep paper wallet, and copy to clipboard. It was like a delayed entry of the public address I was entering. I didn't know what was going on, so I didn't finish typing the public address.

Is this a known issue? I think the ledger wallet app only supports the legacy address format right now.
This is an issue on your hardware wallet manufacturer's end. In their QR code they have a "bitcoin:" prefix encoded which tells our scanner to send BTC.

You can get around this by copying your receiving address from your hardware wallet you want to send your BCH to and inputting it at the link below where [ADDRESS] is written, then copying and pasting the entire URL into a new tab or window of your browser - please note that you do need to keep the space after the '=' sign:

https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?chs= ... ht=qr&chl= [ADDRESS]

**To double check that the address is correct and has not been changed, please scan the QR code that appears using the 'Scan' feature of your Bitcoin.com Wallet, hit 'send payment to this address' and carefully compare the address shown in your Bitcoin.com Wallet's sending screen to the receiving address in your hardware wallet.**
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

ndamu

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:44 pm

This is an issue on your hardware wallet manufacturer's end. In their QR code they have a "bitcoin:" prefix encoded which tells our scanner to send BTC.

You can get around this by copying your receiving address from your hardware wallet you want to send your BCH to and inputting it at the link below where [ADDRESS] is written, then copying and pasting the entire URL into a new tab or window of your browser - please note that you do need to keep the space after the '=' sign:

https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?chs= ... ht=qr&chl= [ADDRESS]

**To double check that the address is correct and has not been changed, please scan the QR code that appears using the 'Scan' feature of your Bitcoin.com Wallet, hit 'send payment to this address' and carefully compare the address shown in your Bitcoin.com Wallet's sending screen to the receiving address in your hardware wallet.**
I see, I will try that. Thanks for the quick response!

rmlrml

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:48 am

Hello, I just downloaded bitcoin-com-wallet-4.3.0-linux-x64.tar.gz, but I don't even know how to run it. There is no readme file included, and I can't find any help section on the website, or on /r/btc. Several executables, but which is the main executable? Do I need to make install? Where is the help file / manual? Is it completely cli or is there a gui? Etc... Thank you

Edit: found out need to run ./Bitcoin.com
Some documentation for this is kind of crucial though, eh?

zenande

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:19 am

Hi

How can i get the TXid of a bitcoin transaction that was done successfully from bitcoin.com wallet to a poloniex account?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:21 am

Hi

How can i get the TXid of a bitcoin transaction that was done successfully from bitcoin.com wallet to a poloniex account?

In the wallet, you should be able to view the transaction that was sent from the transaction log. From there, you should be able to view the amount and transaction ID.
theres a snake in my boot

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi

Check the blockchain explorer with your address and then there you should see txid
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

jackirate

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:46 am

Right guys and girls..

I decided to trade in my BCH to buy some ETH for an ICO im interested in, it was on a paper wallet.

I downloaded bitcoin.com wallet and sweeped the paper wallet to it, everything was fine, BCH was showing in the app, so far so good.

I decided to send the BCH directly from the app wallet to Binance, i used the QR scanner function to copy the address and just pressed send.

Now that was over an hour ago, the transaction ID doesn't show up in any explorer minus bitcoin.com's for some reason, and when it shows up in there it disappears and reappears (almost like its refreshing?) and it has 0 confirmed transactions?

I looked on binance and it isnt confirming any incoming transactions?

Im kinda new to this and kinda bricking it that its lost? The transaction ID is:

bc79327ded416d3115b79b954d163e542da314a7891ccccb3899aaab0482e07d

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

-N-V-

Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:56 pm

I'm receiving "could not update wallet. error querying the blockchain" with BTC wallets. First noticed it on my Android device, opened up my Mac and see the same issue with a completely different wallet. Installed it on my iPhone and created a new wallet, same thing.

What's the deal?

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:13 pm

I'm receiving "could not update wallet. error querying the blockchain" with BTC wallets. First noticed it on my Android device, opened up my Mac and see the same issue with a completely different wallet. Installed it on my iPhone and created a new wallet, same thing.

What's the deal?
Unfortunately we have an issue with the BTC wallet server at the moment.
The developers know about the issue now and will have it fixed ASAP
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

kajida

Donate BTC of your choice to 1LKPpLKAbLgo2zSztP3QypQu3hu1t4YXmD

Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:55 am

I've got a problem with iOS Bitcoin.com wallet stuck on the yellow loading screen.
When i start the app, it just sits on the yellow screen and goes no where, i've left it for over an hour and it doesn't change.

I'm still on iOS 10.3.2, haven't upgraded to 11 because of a couple other apps that will get broken on 11 - not sure if iOS 11 would make a difference in regards to this issue with the Bitcoin.com Wallet but info included in case it's helpful to devs?

I made the mistake of sending some BCH to a new wallet, received it OK - got distracted and closed the app. A couple minutes later when i came back to it, i starting the app and it's been stuck on the yellow screen since, won't load the app or wallet. Something corrupted. This occurred on the previous version of the app, the latest version has been updated on my phone but no change.

I didn't save the 12-word seed because i was going to come straight back to it - my mistake, i should have done that first. I'm aware of the implications, it's not my first wallet but i assumed the app would open fine when i came back and i could finish the process then. Shows that anything can happen and until that seed is backed up, your funds are at risk - is there any advantage to even allowing new wallets to receive before a backup has been done? Why not just force backup as part of the wallet setup as a security measure to avoid these kinds of unseen issues?

One little bit of hope - The JAXX wallet used to get stuck on the loading screen but seemed to get fixed with an update, i'm hoping the Bitcoin.com wallet could get an update that will fix whatever has corrupted, so i'm just leaving it in limbo - hopefully it can be revived and be a nice little bonus waiting in the wallet. Would upgrading to iOS 11 make a difference? Not sure if the Bitcoin.com wallet has anything specifically different for iOS 11 that would help in this case?

Anyway - backup first! Not the first time it's been said but thought the Devs would be interested to know about this issue.
Any help appreciated. :D

GlobalOperator

Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:24 am

Hi.

I tried to send a payment to BitPay to cover the fee of their debit card.

I used the scan option from my Bitcoin Core Personal Wallet. The record shows that the coin was sent but never received (completed/confirmed?). Yet, my account has still been debited.

I waited a few days, but nothing has happened. It appears to be locked somehow.

Is there anything I can do? I will certainly change wallets, if I can't fix this.

Thanks for any help.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:53 pm

You can check in a block explorer like explorer.bitcoin.com to see if the payment was actually sent.
If it was, you will need to contact Bitpay directly about why they didn't credit your account for it.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

dumachi88
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 19ZZDRxBe5FUFvZXr1XoeGJjv6NkgzhUMf

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:01 pm

Ive lost access to my blockchain walllet and deleted the email its attached to is there anything I can do?
Join The New Rapture Market! (On Tor Browser)

zsionvz2kfzttpv3.onion/?r=YoetE

or

rtexijfqcgndum5v.onion/?r=YoetE

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:11 pm

Ive lost access to my blockchain walllet and deleted the email its attached to is there anything I can do?
Hi dumachi88,

Unfortunately we are unable to assist with issues that are unrelated to the Bitcoin.com Wallet as Bitcoin.com is just one company in the greater Bitcoin ecosystem; we do not 'control' Bitcoin.

You will need to contact Blockchain.info's support team for any issues related to the Blockchain.info wallet, but we do of course recommend our own wallet for all your Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash needs. If you ever have an issue with our wallet (the Bitcoin.com Wallet) you will be able to contact our support team 7 days a week. :)

curt

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:58 pm

Fee calculation is not working correctly for BCH.

All of the fee choices say "1 satoshis/byte" in the settings. I set the fee choice to "Super Economy"
I went to settings > Bitcoin Network Fee Policy, and checked "Super Economy"

I sent this tx 86bcdab7c3f5212b598b73e27db07bcdad0399be8d9261682f1cd95610054705

The fee was 25 satoshis per byte:
https://www.blocktrail.com/BCC/tx/86bcd ... 5610054705

Is this a bug or is there something else I need to do to force the fee down to 1 sat/byte?

Edit: additional info
I am using the android app.
Before I confirm payment the app says "Fee: Normal 0.000021 BCH" even though I set "Super Economy" fee level
Screenshot_20180228-121711.png
Fee is going to be 2100 satoshis

bchMike
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to qpl4dkrlyt6fnuhms03dhvwh7r2j

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:57 am

Hi, thanks for sharing. Are you using the latest version of the wallet? Should be v 4.5.0. I tried to replicate this problem and the fees are 1 sat/byte.

curt

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:30 am

It should be the newest version. I downloaded it today from the android play store. I didn't see anywhere to check the version number in the app unfortunately. I noticed it only seems to be happening with small payments. If you try a payment worth 10 cents does it use 1 satoshi/byte?

bchMike
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:34 am

It should be the newest version. I downloaded it today from the android play store. I didn't see anywhere to check the version number in the app unfortunately. I noticed it only seems to be happening with small payments. If you try a payment worth 10 cents does it use 1 satoshi/byte?
Yes, I tried to send $.10 , same as you. You can see version in Settings > About. Try to close and reopen app? Thanks for helping us figure this out.

ameriprise2

Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:10 pm

Hello all,

I started using my bitcoin.com desktop wallet, ver 4.4.1 installed on windows. I was able to send BTC into wallet. But when I try to pay using bitpay (actually loading money to skrill.com) payment always remains stuck at "broadcasting payment". I have all my wallets backed up, my internet connection is stable (ping to 8.8.8.8 with no packet loss, RTT always under 100ms). I set highest fees to pay, restarted PC, but issue is still again and again... unable to pay using my BTC. Bitpay payment is expired after 15 minutes, anybody with same experience? I went through FAQ but cannot find such issue. Thanks.

bchMike
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:42 pm

Sorry to hear about this inconvenience. We are looking into it and will have it fixed as soon as possible.

Also, please update your client to v4.5.0 when it comes out today and see if the problem persists. Thank you.

abitcoincashuser

Donate BTC of your choice to qzmg6mr2jnl4ltrwlnpfukkkpqp3

Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:53 pm

I'm trying to get the bitpay card using either the desktop bitcoin.com wallet or the android app version. Bitpay says the bitcoin.com wallet is compatible with the payment protocol bitpay uses but either scanning the QR code with the android app or copy pasting the string to the desktop application doesn't work. Its like the bitcoin.com wallet doesn't know what to do with it.

I've googled the issue, and all I'm finding is the release that "bitcoin.com wallet supports bitpay payment protocol" which would be great if true.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:26 am

I'm trying to get the bitpay card using either the desktop bitcoin.com wallet or the android app version. Bitpay says the bitcoin.com wallet is compatible with the payment protocol bitpay uses but either scanning the QR code with the android app or copy pasting the string to the desktop application doesn't work. Its like the bitcoin.com wallet doesn't know what to do with it.

I've googled the issue, and all I'm finding is the release that "bitcoin.com wallet supports bitpay payment protocol" which would be great if true.
Please have a read of this news article and let us know how you go: https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-com-wa ... l-support/

abitcoincashuser

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:47 am

Please have a read of this news article and let us know how you go: https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-com-wa ... l-support/
Yeah I've seen it.

copying the "bitcoincash:?r=https://bitpay.com/i/[redacted]" address and pasting into my desktop bitcoin.com wallet doesn't do anything. Scaning the QR code with the android app just gives "bitcoincash:" and nothing else and I'm unable to pay

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:53 am

Yeah I've seen it.

copying the "bitcoincash:?r=https://bitpay.com/i/[redacted]" address and pasting into my desktop bitcoin.com wallet doesn't do anything. Scaning the QR code with the android app just gives "bitcoincash:" and nothing else and I'm unable to pay
Ok thank you for confirming that.
I will ask the wallet developers to look into this ASAP

abitcoincashuser

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:55 am

Ok thank you for confirming that.
I will ask the wallet developers to look into this ASAP
Specifically I'm at the point where I'm trying to complete an ORDER for the card using bitcoin cash. Don't know if that matters or not but there it is.

ameriprise2

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:16 am

Sorry to hear about this inconvenience. We are looking into it and will have it fixed as soon as possible.

Also, please update your client to v4.5.0 when it comes out today and see if the problem persists. Thank you.

Hello, thanks for advice. Unfortunately it is still same even on new version. Tried today 10 times all attempts with same result:

always stuck at "broadcasting transaction"

Return to “Wallet”