FilipeVenancio

Buy Bitcoin with my local currency

Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:51 pm

Hi,

I live in Angola, and nowdays its being hard to transfer Money to other countries. The only possible way to get bitcoins is using VISA wich everyday sees their limit lowered.

My idea is to have local people using bitcoins to do their business and their transfers worldwide, but im stuck with the options to buy bitcoins, because we would need it to be with local currency (Kwanza).

Is there anyway this could happen?

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Re: Buy Bitcoin with my local currency

Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:02 pm

Hi,

I live in Angola, and nowdays its being hard to transfer Money to other countries. The only possible way to get bitcoins is using VISA wich everyday sees their limit lowered.

My idea is to have local people using bitcoins to do their business and their transfers worldwide, but im stuck with the options to buy bitcoins, because we would need it to be with local currency (Kwanza).

https://localbitcoins.com/country/AO

I have also added Angola to the list of countries that require further research for a BTM.

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

subcypher
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1sbcphrUHiT4LbLCoXyUkFNzSegKY7czo

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:17 am

Do you have a bank account? I know you say you can use VISA, but if you have a bank account it appears you can use Uphold. You just can't use a credit card. Another option would be Local Bitcoins. There are 72 cities in which people are offering cash trades for Bitcoin. There are 20 in Luanda alone.

SpartanZA
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1FVr4Efww21vEs3aZrrchbyV3V8Y2eBLrS

Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:53 am

Localbitcoins.com was the starting point for me.

I am also spreading the word of BitCoin getting friends family and colleagues to get their wallets and trade with them.

What do you mean the limits are being lowered? Are they presenting transactions?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
and this moment too shall pass

FilipeVenancio

Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:55 am

Morning,

Example of the VISAS being lowered: At the beggining of 2015 one of my VISAS had 1000000 AKZ avaiable and I paid 100% after using it. Now the same card was lowered to 300000 AKZ and I can only pay 50% max each month.

On localbitcoins im seeing alot of transactions but people are asking for USD to sell bitcoins wich wont solve my problem. Banks are out of USD they barelly let you transfer to Suppliers or the trasfer will take like 3/6months to happen...

The production here is very limited we import like 80% or more, most of the coins would go from here to Europe/Asia, and probably wouldnt come back since our major exportation is oil.

Edited: We would need to Mine bitcoins like crazy and have it on our market, I think that its the only avaiable option.

SpartanZA
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:00 am

My understanding is the mining is a missed opportunity, but I may be wrong.

It sounds like the situation in Angola is not good at all all round.

I would look at selling an online service or product and accept bitcoins in order to acquire if you can't in Angola. You can trade and buy and sell bitcoins with any one in the world. The solution will present itself, just need time to ponder on it.

FilipeVenancio

Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:17 pm

My understanding is the mining is a missed opportunity, but I may be wrong.

It sounds like the situation in Angola is not good at all all round.

I would look at selling an online service or product and accept bitcoins in order to acquire if you can't in Angola. You can trade and buy and sell bitcoins with any one in the world. The solution will present itself, just need time to ponder on it.
Hi,

You think that buying some antminers S7 is not viable? Isnt the mining dificulty getting stable?

SpartanZA
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:57 pm

I must be honest, my knowledge on mining is very limited and reading and seeing people spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to power the machines to break even, and of course, be affected by the price of BitCoin, it put that option out of my mind. That's for me anyway.

Again, I haven't done a lot of research on this and am not up to date with the latest developments so I may be extremely wrong.

I am sure another member of the forum will have more understanding with regards to the viability of mining.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

FilipeVenancio

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:41 pm

Hi,

I have also added Angola to the list of countries that require further research for a BTM.
Having a BTM around would allow us to buy bitcoins in Kwanzas (AKZ)?

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi,

Correct!

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

FilipeVenancio

Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:52 pm

Well if theres anything that i can help you with I will. That would be a great deal for us

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

musicsavvy

Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:10 am

as others mentioned before, localbitcoins.com is your best bet buddy!

Buhl3r

Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:33 pm

Correct!
is there somethign we can help to make it happen in Angola?

I'm exactly in the same situation of FilipeVenancio.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:11 pm

Correct!

Yes, please send me as much information as you can about Bitcoin usage in Angola, or feel free to publicly post the information in this thread.

Key interests are;

1) cities with decent technical structure in Angola
2) government regulation and or their stance on Bitcoin
3) acquisition of a money transmitter license
4) armored car carriers
5) media contacts

The more information you provide, the better we can analyze data and pin-point hot-spots to place BTM's.

Thank you for your contribution thus far, the power of Bitcoin and its people never ceases to amaze me! :)

Buhl3r

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:09 am

Correct!

Yes, please send me as much information as you can about Bitcoin usage in Angola, or feel free to publicly post the information in this thread.

Key interests are;

4) armored car carriers
5) media contacts

The more information you provide, the better we can analyze data and pin-point hot-spots to place BTM's.

Thank you for your contribution thus far, the power of Bitcoin and its people never ceases to amaze me! :)
Thanks for your interest, I don't know if I can help much, but at this stage this is what I know.

1) Luanda and Lobito is probably the top 2 city's, Luanda is the Capital, and is overpopulated. Regarding the Technical Structures, there are already a lot of good structures here, the problem is Internet prices, and Energy(really cheap energy, but everywhere there is a need for a UPS, since there is a lot of cuts)
2) Government regulation I have no idea, but the National Bank of Angola is: http://www.bna.ao/
Regarding the Bitcoin, there is no knowledge of that Technology here. Some people, specially people that come from other country's to work here know about it, but there is no way to exchange the kwanzas for Bitcoin yet. We expats win a lot of money in Kwanzas, good salary's, where 3000€ gets reduced to 1000€ if we go exchange the kwanzas on the streets "Black Markets" because the banks have wait queues for international transfers of 2, 3 or 4 months.

For reference:
Bank rate is 183 Kwanzas per Euro, but banks don't have euros.
On the street people are buying for 350+ kwanzas per Euro.
So, as you can see there is a lot of margin and profit. Bitcoin, could short this gap, and make profit as well.

3) No idea how that can be done here in Angola
4) There are company here, that do the transport of money of banks, etc, different security company's that I know off.
5) There are Televisions here, like TVZimbo(private one, but is considered from the opposition), TPA1 and TPA2 (from the Government)
But main distribution of the "know-how" and the exchanges, are made via online journals, and social media like Facebook. (Almost everyday we see the expats community's groups of Angola, someone asking to buy Dollar/Euro with Kwanzas, and some people selling).

I don't know how this things are done and processed, and I know that Angolan government is very strict about everything. But I'm 100% sure that the 1st Exchanger, trader, or entity to allow people here to exchange Kwanzas to Bitcoins, can profit a lot. Also, there are here some Exchangers, like Unicambios, Realtransfer and GooTransfer that operate here ( now very limited also, because they don't have dollars/euros) and last week they were using rates: 289 kwanzas per euro, while the banks do 185 kwanzas per euro, and in BNA (national bank) the rate is 179.

I'm just seeking, and digging if I can find alternatives for the money that I have stuck here, me and a lot of other people, because I'm not willing to lose 60% of my savings, just to get euros or dollars because the banks don't have foreign currencys....

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:25 pm

Key interests are;

4) armored car carriers
5) media contacts

Thanks for your interest, I don't know if I can help much, but at this stage this is what I know.

1) Luanda and Lobito is probably the top 2 city's, Luanda is the Capital, and is overpopulated. Regarding the Technical Structures, there are already a lot of good structures here, the problem is Internet prices, and Energy(really cheap energy, but everywhere there is a need for a UPS, since there is a lot of cuts)
2) Government regulation I have no idea, but the National Bank of Angola is: http://www.bna.ao/
Regarding the Bitcoin, there is no knowledge of that Technology here. Some people, specially people that come from other country's to work here know about it, but there is no way to exchange the kwanzas for Bitcoin yet. We expats win a lot of money in Kwanzas, good salary's, where 3000€ gets reduced to 1000€ if we go exchange the kwanzas on the streets "Black Markets" because the banks have wait queues for international transfers of 2, 3 or 4 months.

For reference:
So, as you can see there is a lot of margin and profit. Bitcoin, could short this gap, and make profit as well.

4) There are company here, that do the transport of money of banks, etc, different security company's that I know off.
5) There are Televisions here, like TVZimbo(private one, but is considered from the opposition), TPA1 and TPA2 (from the Government)
But main distribution of the "know-how" and the exchanges, are made via online journals, and social media like Facebook. (Almost everyday we see the expats community's groups of Angola, someone asking to buy Dollar/Euro with Kwanzas, and some people selling).

I don't know how this things are done and processed, and I know that Angolan government is very strict about everything. But I'm 100% sure that the 1st Exchanger, trader, or entity to allow people here to exchange Kwanzas to Bitcoins, can profit a lot. Also, there are here some Exchangers, like Unicambios, Realtransfer and GooTransfer that operate here ( now very limited also, because they don't have dollars/euros) and last week they were using rates: 289 kwanzas per euro, while the banks do 185 kwanzas per euro, and in BNA (national bank) the rate is 179.

I'm just seeking, and digging if I can find alternatives for the money that I have stuck here, me and a lot of other people, because I'm not willing to lose 60% of my savings, just to get euros or dollars because the banks don't have foreign currencys....
Your post is empowering to make change!

It seems that Angola has a long way to go to provide its citizens and visitors of the country with accessibility to basic finance.

When citizens have to go to black-markets to sell their hard-earned currency, it's not good.

On the bright side, it is nothing that can't be fixed with funding and further infrastructure. Bitcoin will provide this and I will work hard to help provide it.

Check your PM, I have sent you a thank you :)

Buhl3r

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:20 pm

Key interests are;

4) armored car carriers
5) media contacts

For reference:

It seems that Angola has a long way to go to provide its citizens and visitors of the country with accessibility to basic finance.

When citizens have to go to black-markets to sell their hard-earned currency, it's not good.

On the bright side, it is nothing that can't be fixed with funding and further infrastructure. Bitcoin will provide this and I will work hard to help provide it.

I don't know how to thank you. Not by the thank you, but for your engagement.
I'm pretty sure, that I can help you in any matter that you need.

With this lack of foreign currency, Bitcoin will be embraced by a lot of people here, to make a way to get a coin to use outside of the country.

I'll pm you, and would like to get more in detail, about what I can help you guys to go ahead with this, and to expand this Bitcoin borders.

FilipeVenancio

Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:40 pm

Key interests are;

4) armored car carriers
5) media contacts

For reference:

Good to see you guys kept taling,

I'll try to check with some of my clients connected with the estate if i can get a meeting or a phone talk with someone that can tell me whats their point of view about bitcoin and how to obtain a Money transmitter license.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:46 pm

For reference:

I don't know how to thank you. Not by the thank you, but for your engagement.
I'm pretty sure, that I can help you in any matter that you need.

With this lack of foreign currency, Bitcoin will be embraced by a lot of people here, to make a way to get a coin to use outside of the country.

I'll pm you, and would like to get more in detail, about what I can help you guys to go ahead with this, and to expand this Bitcoin borders.
:)

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:48 pm

For reference:

I'll try to check with some of my clients connected with the estate if i can get a meeting or a phone talk with someone that can tell me whats their point of view about bitcoin and how to obtain a Money transmitter license.
That would be excellent, thank you!

Buhl3r

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:24 pm

For reference:

Thanks great. If I can help you with anything, please let me know. A Money transmitter license would be a great step. I truly believe that Angola needs to open her eyes, and people here be able to trade, sell buy everywhere without borders, and allowed to do business.
Let me know if you need help with anything.

Buhl3r

Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:39 pm

FilipeVenancio do you have any information regarding this?

sellbitbuy
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:14 pm

Localbitcoin exchange is he only choice for exchange your bitcoin with local currency. My suggestion is to try it out this localbitcoin for exchange bitcoin to local currency.

a.costatuto@gmail.com

Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:54 am

Hi Filipe Venâncio

Can you Please contact mi on my PM!..

vall

Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:03 am

Hi guys! I need to buy some bitcoins in Luanda urgently.

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:02 am

If by any chance you play any online games, try selling your items/in-game currencies for bitcoins. Thats what i did in the past

anas125h

Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:01 pm

anyone want to buy bitcoins in angola contact me there is a way i got and found very useful contact me on whatsapp and email anas125h@gmail.com 00923132248905

Utpalsarkar

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Localbitcoins.com sometime take long time to process Buy/Sell Bitcoin.My suggestion use Coinbase or instant exchange site.You can get many site search on google or here a list for you : http://coinduet.com/index.php?p=/discus ... uy-bitcoin

sorlac

Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:01 am

Hi guys,

I´ve seen your post and I believe bitcoins could be a good improvement in Angola and reduce the black market.
Have you been developments on your researches?

I think for start this could work with a "relationship" with Portugal.

Regards

anas125h

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:51 am

:) contact me on whatsapp 00923132248905 or email anas125h@gmail.com
Hi guys! I need to buy some bitcoins in Luanda urgently.

Return to “Trading Discussion”