stefanakoz

Unconfirmed transaction emptied my bitcoin wallet

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Hey guys,

I have a problem. I made a transaction from a very old wallet to blockchain. Then I wanted to move my bitcoins to Coinbase, but didn't realise that the 1st transaction was still pending. Now I have a of uncofnirmed transactions and my wallet show 0 balance. I know I have to wait and see what happens, but if it doesn't get approved would I just lose my bitcoins?

Here is the wallet - https://blockchain.info/address/1AFVMux ... HWBXgKXMra

Transaction - https://blockchain.info/tx/896225d32938 ... 56545a6f79

Many thanks!

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Re: Unconfirmed transaction emptied my bitcoin wallet

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:50 pm

As long as a transaction doesn't get confirmed, it is still in your original wallet. However, your wallet won't show this because you have spent it, and it should be confirmed on the blockchain at any time. You wouldn't want to accidentally spend it again.

So, make sure you retain access to your old wallets for the time being.

In general, if a transaction doesn't get confirmed within about 2 weeks, it should be possible to send it again. I say "in general", because it is possibly for any third party to store your signed transactions and resend them. (They can't change the amount, or destination, but they can prevent this time-out from happening).

You can try using transaction accelerators, such as the one at viabtc.com (https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/)

You have not lost anything, as long as you ensure that you have access to your old wallets (even if they appear empty).
Excited about the potential of Bitcoin Cash in the beautiful country of Belize.
Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

stefanakoz

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:11 pm

Thanks for the reply! I'll just have to wait for now.

Do you think that the further transactions I made after the first unconfirmed one are the problem for not getting the 1st one approved?

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Thanks for the reply! I'll just have to wait for now.

Do you think that the further transactions I made after the first unconfirmed one are the problem for not getting the 1st one approved?
If you are using the BTC from the first transactions in your following transactions, they will not be confirmed until the first one is. Money can't be sent if that money is still pending, right?

On top of that, if your 1st transaction is dropped from the network after 48-72 hours, the following transactions will be seen as invalid and will also never happen.
theres a snake in my boot

stefanakoz

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:31 pm

Great, thanks. And if all transactions are invalid, the BTC will appear again in my initial wallet, right?

Return to “Wallets”