Dallas5Crowns

Donate BTC of your choice to 1GX52WzFRz9rtA59eA7nedeqye2bXzqCjN

Reset spending passcode without 12 words

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:24 am

Newbie with no idea how I did what I did, but I don’t have a password for my spending wallet and I didn’t create the 12 word thing. How do I reset??

torusJKL
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Reset spending passcode without 12 words

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:33 pm

When you created the wallet it created the 12 word seed. (after you checked like 3 check boxes which say you could loose all your funds)
The Bitcoin.com wallet allows you to use it even if you did not write the seed down.

But if you don't remember the password and haven't written down the seed than I see little hope for you to access the bitcoins.
If you reset the app and don't have the 12 words you will never get access to them again.

If you have allot of bitcoins on it I would recommend to try to remember the password and to write down the seed.
If you don't care about the amount on the wallet you can create a new one in parallel and use that one.

Dallas5Crowns

Donate BTC of your choice to 1GX52WzFRz9rtA59eA7nedeqye2bXzqCjN

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:54 am

Good news, found that had taken a screen shot of the note pad I wrote everything on. I guess I was misremembering...

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:30 am

Good news, found that had taken a screen shot of the note pad I wrote everything on. I guess I was misremembering...
That's good news as far as access to the funds goes. If you have taken a sceenshot, however, you must consider your funds to be at risk now. Screenshots are NOT secure, and expose your funds to theft.

I'd recommend creating a second wallet (you can just create it in the same bitcoin.com application) and moving your funds over. Write down the 12 words using a pen and paper, maybe two or three times, and store them safely (ie in a safe, if you have one).
Excited about the potential of Bitcoin Cash in the beautiful country of Belize.
Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

Return to “Beginners & Help”