poik

Instructions for Installing Bitcoin.com Wallet

Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:18 am

I must be missing something really obvious, but I cannot figure out how to install the Bitcoin.com Windows desktop wallet. I downloaded the file from: https://www.bitcoin.com/choose-your-wal ... com-wallet
That gives me a .tar.gz file which I would think is the Linux file, but it appears that both download links (Windows and Linux) link to the same file. I was able to open the file with 7-zip and extract the folder, but when I run the Bitcoin.com (MS-DOS) app it fails to run (says "can't run on this PC"). Is the website serving the wrong installation file? Thanks.

poik

Re: Instructions for Installing Bitcoin.com Wallet

Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:32 am

I figured it out, the website is serving the wrong file. There are two links to the Windows installation file on that webpage. One of the links is wrong! The link nearest to the top is correct. It is the one inside the picture and doesn't even really look like a link at first glance. The second link further down that is clearly a download link is the incorrect one.

pguccione

application not found

Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:17 pm

I downloaded the wallet to my laptop for Windows. I click the RUN command button and get error message Application not found. I have reinstalled and still not working.

Return to “Wallets”