Oliver A

Should I invest in Bitcoin?

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:10 am

emmagloor

Re: Should I invest in Bitcoin?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:54 am

The answer to this question depends on a myriad of factors such as one's appetite for risk, knowledge about the crypto world, blockchain and the macroeconomic trends impacting the way the crypto-ecosystem is evolving.
However, if you're just starting out, don't bother to look for other currencies aside from Bitcoin. Yes, I agree, there're plenty of other coins with great potential and promise to do much, but Bitcoin, in particular, has the greatest upside potential.
For a start, when it comes to pure store of value, no other currency can beat Bitcoin. The currency has grown big enough and matured to withstand complex and well-funded attacks.
Bitcoin may not be the fastest upside compared to some ICOs, but it's the safest and has the potential to go the highest of all them.

This does not imply that you should ignore alternative currencies all at once, but Bitcoin should be your focus. Understand Bitcoin at a decent level, before venturing into the others.

Remember BITCOIN is "The Godfather" of cryptocurrency.
Hello,
This is Mrs. Emma and I am associated with https://thepreico.com/.
It's a cryptocurrency Platform.

Thanks

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Re: Should I invest in Bitcoin?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:12 am

An easy question, but not an easy answer. Before investing in anything, make sure you understand what you are investing in.

In Bitcoin, in particular, it is important that you realize that the utility of Bitcoin has degraded severely over the last two years. It is no longer a peer to peer cash or payment system, and the core developer of Bitcoin don't want it to be. They want it to be a peer to peer settlement system, to support (as yet not fully functional) second level solutions. I don't think these solutions will work, and I don't think the changes that are made to Bitcoin are positive. But you shouldn't take my word for it, or anyone else's for that matter.

My advise would be: Don't invest in Bitcoin because you see the price go up and because you want to be rich soon. Invest in fundamentals that you understand, and that you agree with.

I'm pivoting away from Bitcoin into Bitcoin Cash and fiat. I never thought I would say this, but I trust fiat more than I trust Bitcoin at this moment in time. But also in this case, don't buy Bitcoin Cash because I believe in it, only buy it if you understand and value it's fundamentals.

Here are two great articles:
https://www.bitcoin.com/info/bitcoin-cash-is-bitcoin
https://www.bitcoin.com/info/what-is-bitcoin-cash

Good luck & don't take your investment advise from anonymous strangers on the Internet ;)
Excited about the potential of Bitcoin Cash in the beautiful country of Belize.
Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”