s.m.diachenko@gmail.com

Donate BTC of your choice to 1kiz3CzHt7qNefSph8i6mPmEQkPneKFWP

Mistake Bitcoin from coinbase to BCC bitcoin wallet. What to do?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:40 pm

Hi all. need help. dont know who to address this issue.

I recently sent BTC (from my BTC coinbase.com account) to my BCC(bitcoin account) by mistake.
i dont know what will happen with this transaction.
how can i recover it?

they r both my wallet accounts.

Please help!

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Re: Mistake Bitcoin from coinbase to BCC bitcoin wallet. What to do?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:19 am

Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash are two entirely separate cryptocurrencies and they operate on two entirely separate blockchains. This means that Bitcoin (BTC) sent to an address on the Bitcoin blockchain will never appear nor be present on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain. In this instance you seem to have sent a Bitcoin Cash (BCC) transaction to an address in your Bitcoin (BTC) wallet. Note that in the Bitcoin.com wallet you can set up both a Bitcoin (BTC) sub-wallet and a Bitcoin Cash (BCC) sub-wallet.

You can do the following to retrieve your BCC from your BTC wallet:

- Go to Home > New wallet (press the '+' icon) > New personal wallet
- Select the Bitcoin Cash option, as you want to recover your BCC. (Grey is off and sets up a BTC wallet, green is on and sets up a BCC wallet)
- Enter a name for the wallet (I would suggest BCC recovery) > Show advanced options > Wallet key
- Copy from wallet... > Select Wallet To > [Your Bitcoin [BTC] Wallet]
- Create new wallet

This will create a Bitcoin Cash (BCC) wallet from your Bitcoin (BTC) wallet seed.

- Once it has been created, go to Settings > [BCC recovery wallet] > More Options > Wallet Addresses > Tap 'Unused Addresses' at least 20 times / until you get an "Empty addresses limit reached" message
- Tap 'Scan addresses for funds'

Your BCC will now appear in your BCC recovery wallet.

Again, you can manage both Bitcoin (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCC) in your Bitcoin.com wallet, but you must not send BTC to a BCC address and vice-versa. You should send BTC only to addresses in your Bitcoin.com BTC sub-wallet, and you should send BCC only to addresses in your Bitcoin.com BCC sub-wallet.

Fremont

FlyButterfly
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:29 am

TLDR: Your BTC are lost. No recovery possible.
Cryptocurrency portfolio - our free project. It's like Blockfolio, but not an APP. Accessible in browser on any device.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:31 am

Why do you say that?

FlyButterfly
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:47 am

Why do you say that?
Oh, I was wrong!!! You are right!
Cryptocurrency portfolio - our free project. It's like Blockfolio, but not an APP. Accessible in browser on any device.

FremontIStheGreatest

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:39 am

Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash are two entirely separate cryptocurrencies and they operate on two entirely separate blockchains. This means that Bitcoin (BTC) sent to an address on the Bitcoin blockchain will never appear nor be present on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain. In this instance you seem to have sent a Bitcoin Cash (BCC) transaction to an address in your Bitcoin (BTC) wallet. Note that in the Bitcoin.com wallet you can set up both a Bitcoin (BTC) sub-wallet and a Bitcoin Cash (BCC) sub-wallet.

- Select the Bitcoin Cash option, as you want to recover your BCC. (Grey is off and sets up a BTC wallet, green is on and sets up a BCC wallet)
- Enter a name for the wallet (I would suggest BCC recovery) > Show advanced options > Wallet key
- Create new wallet

This will create a Bitcoin Cash (BCC) wallet from your Bitcoin (BTC) wallet seed.

- Once it has been created, go to Settings > [BCC recovery wallet] > More Options > Wallet Addresses > Tap 'Unused Addresses' at least 20 times / until you get an "Empty addresses limit reached" message

Again, you can manage both Bitcoin (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCC) in your Bitcoin.com wallet, but you must not send BTC to a BCC address and vice-versa. You should send BTC only to addresses in your Bitcoin.com BTC sub-wallet, and you should send BCC only to addresses in your Bitcoin.com BCC sub-wallet.

Fremont

I want to find you and give you the biggest hug. Thank you soooooooooooo much I made this mistake and thought I had lost a ton of money forever. Thank you, thank you, thank you

Akunimal

Donate BTC of your choice to 15YPrTByYV74pcfDKB58p4KhZHqQM92mMv

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:42 am

I have the almost the same problem but im using bitcoin.com wallet on my pc, how can i manage to get the bcc that i send to my btc wallet??

Akunimal

Donate BTC of your choice to 15YPrTByYV74pcfDKB58p4KhZHqQM92mMv

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:44 am

- Create new wallet

Fremont
i try this but its diferent from pc please help! thanks in advance

edit: i get stuck after "Empty addresses limit reached" message and i can't see where scan option is...
edit 2: YES!!! THANK YOU i manage to get it work the problem was my interface in spanish, LOVE YOU! THANKS!!!

timkeeg

Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:27 pm

I did the same thing but i used coinomi wallet. I sent only $10 as a test from coinbase to my BCC wallet in coinomi. Can i recover those tokens?
Thanks

///Bryan

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:05 am

The method in the FAQ "I accidentally sent BTC to my BCH wallet" is not totally correct.

All, I accidentally sent BTC from Coinbase to my bitcoin.com BCH wallet. The method in the FAQ page is did not work for me, I always got the "Error" message that the account is used by another account. When I followed the method exactly anyways, when I scanned for funds I got an error message that "transaction history could not be updated."

I found that pressing the "import wallet" button worked for me instead of selecting the "create new personal wallet." Here is how I deviated from the FAQ page:

1. In my case I sent BTC to my BCH wallet. So go to the home page and select the "+" by the BCH wallet.
2. This is where it is incorrect in the FAQ page. Select "import wallet" instead of "create personal wallet"
3. Create a name
4. Put the 12 word recovery phrase from your BCH wallet
5. Coin: select BTC (it is default to BCH since you asked to open a new BCH wallet)
6. Select nothing else, after that just press "import"
7. Go to your home page, you will see a new BTC wallet
8. Go to settings, and select the BTC wallet that was just created, then follow procedure on FAQ page, summarized below.
9. Go to "More Options", then "Wallet Addresses"
10. Press the "+" by the unused address about 20 times, or until you see the address that you sent the BTC to.
11. Press "Scan for funds"
12. You should then see your BTC in you home page.

BTC and BCH use the same public keys (address), so they are interchangeable. and that is good for now. So we are setting up a BTC sub-wallet within the BCH wallet, and the 12 word phrase is serving as the private key in the bitcoin.com wallet. Once you set up the BTC sub-wallet within your BCH wallet, you are able to access the addresses in the BCH wallet which are needed to get your funds in the blockchain. The address you own has the key to unlock and access it from the blockchain put it in our wallet and let you spend it. If you have questions just contact me.

///Bryan

dank68

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:01 pm

Same issue here gents. Sent BCH from gdax to my BCT wallet on Ledger. Been trying to recover using the https://bch.btc.com/docs/help/bch_segwit_recovery

No luck.

Question: is it possible to use this method to capture my BCH to Ledger nano?

Thanks all!!

Return to “Technical Support”