efronzack85

money laundering and bitcoin

Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:56 pm

Cryptocurrency and money laundering is one of the issues related to BTC. It could leave a negative impact on crypto-world. This is you who have to decide if cryptocurrency is money laundering or not. Have you ever come across any bitcoin money laundering case?

Priyankasharma1
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: money laundering and bitcoin

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:13 am

I personally do not face any case related to money laundering. But in news, I have read that Financial services company JPMorgan is facing allegations of being exposed for money laundering. They have gained more negative press for its money laundering which it tried to hide from the public. Here is the link to that news for your reference-
http://www.unkrypted.com/jpmorgan-guilt ... aundering/

jmolinass839
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:52 pm

In October of last year, the DEA published: "Many Chinese-based companies that manufacture goods that are used in money laundering schemes now prefer to accept Bitcoin. Bitcoin is very popular in China because it can be used to transfer value anonymously in China. abroad, bypassing the capital controls of that country ".
But the truth is that they do not have real figures or indications.

jmolinass839
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:55 pm

The Public Prosecutor's Office of the Netherlands has been investigating some cases of money laundering with Bitcoin, which are still pending their resolution for this year.
Apparently, there are three specific cases that the prosecution seeks to dismantle, according to local media. The first is about two men, one 24 years old, from Amsterdam, and the other 27, from Utrecht. Both are suspected of laundering approximately 2.4 million euros using bitcoins and a resolution is expected by February of this year.

jmolinass839
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:25 pm

in the Netherlands, the arrest of ten men stands out almost a year ago. The suspects of this event were accused of having laundered between 15 and 20 million euros from the sale of drugs in dark web markets using bitcoins.
Despite this, the cases of the use of Bitcoin for illicit purposes are not limited to the Netherlands. There are others such as the now defunct Silk Road market, and more similar events that include another arrest of six people in the Netherlands also for money laundering. However, it is likely that the legal uses of the cryptocurrency will be much more prominent with time and increasing adoption.

JakeHofmeester
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:01 pm

Money laundering is definitely a thing in the crypto-world but to say it has a negative impact? I mean yea sure, it does. Crypto is new to this world and there are barely people who really understand it. Thats why you see all the news of countries banning exchanges or crypto as a whole. I think it just needs time. I'm more worried about banks, because crypto is a direct threat to the banking system as we know it right now.
Kind regards,
Jake

martiel
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:19 pm

When I googled the topic Bitcoin vs money laundering I bumped on this article https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin- ... k-treasury.
It stays that UK treasury is convinced that Bitcoin is pretty low risk on money laundering, but hugely risky on cybercrimes. It also says that the number of crime activities connected with cryptocurrency adoption will only raise.
Guys, what do you think about it?

irikan50
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:05 pm

Yes the news has been released that the money laundering is reported on the BTC market. You need to stay away from these kind of people who are trying to left a negative impact on the market. NSA is working on these issues right now as they are tracking the suspecious activities.

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:12 pm

Well, Bitcoin is not best for money laundering, since it has public blockchain. better use monero for that
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

FXTradingPro
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:01 am

Well, Bitcoin is not best for money laundering, since it has public blockchain. better use monero for that
Exactly Bitcoin isn't the best option for money laundering. US investigators recently handed down indictments on several Russia's for election interference they were able to trace the movement of funds which were primarily using bitcoin.
Get Your Share of the Market

Start Trading Forex with Fxtradingpro Trade the world’s largest marketplace and access over 70 forex pairs.

https://fxtradingpro.com/

yourjoewilliams
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:05 pm

When I googled the topic Bitcoin vs money laundering I bumped on this article https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin- ... k-treasury.
It stays that UK treasury is convinced that Bitcoin is pretty low risk on money laundering, but hugely risky on cybercrimes. It also says that the number of crime activities connected with cryptocurrency adoption will only raise.
Guys, what do you think about it?
Yeah, terrible.
Fortunately, the London Police is developing a training course to deal with crypto fraud (https://blockspoint.com/london-police-t ... o-scammers).

Hope,this helps.

AndrejWarhola
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:44 pm

There is no uniform international approach to the regulation of Bitcoin and its legality will depend on where in the world that you reside

VladIonescu

Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:40 pm

I have personally never came across laundering money with bitcoin but I saw lots of cases of this type on the internet and also on TV. Slowly it becomes pretty serious because billions of dollars are laundered every year so police will take action. Luckily for us they can't do anything against bitcoin.

seebu4u

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:54 pm

Cryptocurrency and money laundering is one of the issues related to BTC. It could leave a negative impact on crypto-world. This is you who have to decide if cryptocurrency is money laundering or not. Have you ever come across any bitcoin money laundering case?
but it helps black money to be launder from poor people of poor countries to developed countries. I feel this way, its doesn't mean its true.

seebu4u

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:55 pm

Yes the news has been released that the money laundering is reported on the BTC market. You need to stay away from these kind of people who are trying to left a negative impact on the market. NSA is working on these issues right now as they are tracking the suspecious activities.
What you suggest. i am interest in it. how could i prevent myself from scams?

MilkyWilky

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:36 am

Sorry, for a stupid question I'm new, why is it important to use bitcoin shuffle?
Is it somehow connected with security?
People always say that..

cryptocookie
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:01 am

Even if it is a problem, how they will deal with it?

cryptoclash808
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:33 am

Even if it is a problem, how they will deal with it?
Even if btc didn't exist, it wouldn't stop money laundering like firearms ban does not prevent murders

africuniaBank
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:28 am

In crypto currency world it is very easy to do money laundering. now crypto currency is a very common way to convert your black money into white money and it is also gives you good ROI. This not good for government. Now many people using crypto currency for crime and money laundering which is not good and govt. should take some step to stop these things.

Oretegalv
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:27 pm

Money laundering is not at all some new issue, but quite opposite, a very old one. It existed since the first introduction of fiat money. Crypto currencies are just another channel that can be used for this purpose. So, it is general problem, and not one related only to cryptos

Return to “Legal”