eerfmod

Do I need to upgrade my Bitcoin.com wallet before or after the upcoming hard fork?

Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:01 am

I am just checking because I cannot find that information on your site, and the information on the BCH hard fork says "you may or may not have to upgrade your wallet" Thanks.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: Do I need to upgrade my Bitcoin.com wallet before or after the upcoming hard fork?

Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:27 am

I am just checking because I cannot find that information on your site, and the information on the BCH hard fork says "you may or may not have to upgrade your wallet" Thanks.
You do not have to run any updates, as long as you have your 12 word backup seed you will always be able to import the addresses into a wallet that supports a future network fork we don't support.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

bakerlisa510

Re: Do I need to upgrade my Bitcoin.com wallet before or after the upcoming hard fork?

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:18 am

The Bitcoin Gold is hard fork of Bitcoin to make mining decentralized.
At present, there is very little information available about the technical know-how of this fork because their website is in development mode.
Bitcoin Gold is a new, would be cryptocurrency denoted, as of now, as BTG. It will be a fork of the original Bitcoin that Satoshi Nakamoto invented in 2008.

Return to “Technical Support”