toptrader
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

How much risk in bitcoin investement?

Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:04 am

I just wanted to know that, what amount of risk is there in investing in bitcoins.
Right now i am planning to buy btc approx 3-4 btc and just hold them as i guess the price of bitcoin will increase in future and i will get some good profit. But i want to know what is the risk involved. Can bitcoin price decrease and is this right time to buy the bitcoin.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: How much risk in bitcoin investement?

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:53 pm

I just wanted to know that, what amount of risk is there in investing in bitcoins.
Right now i am planning to buy btc approx 3-4 btc and just hold them as i guess the price of bitcoin will increase in future and i will get some good profit. But i want to know what is the risk involved. Can bitcoin price decrease and is this right time to buy the bitcoin.
Hi and thanks for stopping by the forum. Anytime is a good time to buy Bitcoin. Also you maybe want to buy some Bitcoin Cash.

Just please remember to be responsible. Invest only want you can afford to invest.

Do you have a bitcoin wallet yet?

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:09 pm

A lot of risk. A LOT. More than any other asset class.
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

Moosle
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:18 pm

These risks can be well regulated and I try to do this in my investment.

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Db3ACR6PpK5pkMFMn3DAErQ47y9zhxSPo

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:23 pm

Someone just posted a fantastic article summarizing the current uncertain state of Bitcoin and gives some advice on how to invest in the situation as safely as possible. There was a time when I'd tell anyone who asked to invest in Bitcoin without caveat, but now I would definitely explain why things are very risky right now by directing them to articles like these.

https://www.yours.org/content/bitcoin-- ... 23f5e7c75/

As with any high-risk investment class, only invest money you are prepared to lose.
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

UpcomingICO

Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Some risk needs to be taken, as nothing can be straight forward. But it is obvious that some calculation too required to be made. There are many Cryptos that one can look at and feel secure like BTC and ETH, as their value mostly go up or remains steady, but the high value makes them very tough investment. So, that is why we need to be good in with alternatives and for me, it is Bitconnect that is the safest bet! Especially with their Staking option where we can get up to 120% returns through PoS minting. So basically just holding up their Coins is highly rewarding!

bangteh
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 12qHEnK5JZEvp8tZcLZKiD8rnQyJVtKPvR

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:17 pm

lol do you ever know about FOREX ? forex is more high risk then bitcoin cloud mining... :-) if you have an experience with FOREX, you will no have problem to invest in bitcoin cloud mining :-)

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Db3ACR6PpK5pkMFMn3DAErQ47y9zhxSPo

Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:30 pm

Some risk needs to be taken, as nothing can be straight forward. But it is obvious that some calculation too required to be made. There are many Cryptos that one can look at and feel secure like BTC and ETH, as their value mostly go up or remains steady, but the high value makes them very tough investment. So, that is why we need to be good in with alternatives and for me, it is Bitconnect that is the safest bet! Especially with their Staking option where we can get up to 120% returns through PoS minting. So basically just holding up their Coins is highly rewarding!
Bitconnect is literally a ponzi scheme. Don't shill your scam coin here.
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

haimtolendo
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:06 pm

HI, as you can also see that prices of bitcoin are going high day by day which is why I can tell you it is the good time to invest in bitcoin but remember it is an investment so, there may be later you see the drop in prices too. So, I only suggest you buy bitcoin from your saving or personal amount never invest by taking any loan from the market.

Goodluck!
haim toledano

CryptoBlackHat
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1KgArSAMeFSgiVppCr4yCdqkNVaCieRAUX

Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:16 pm

There are at least two kinds of risks when investing in any cryptocurrency:
1. The currency itself might lose a lot of value, or become worthless
2. Your coins might be lost/stolen/corrupted

It's worth thinking about these two risks separately.

1 - If you choose Bitcoin or Ethereum, I'd suggest that the risk of the currency dramatically devaluing in a short period of time is very low. However, as we've seen from all the recent forks, it's not quite so simple. If you want to maintain the maximum value of your investment you'll still need to keep on top of the news and carefully split your coins when there is a fork, and optionally trade one of the post-split coins for the other, if you prefer to consolidate instead of diversify your investment.

For altcoins, this risk of devaluing is extremely high, and I'd recommend to proceed with caution and only invest money that you would be happy to lose completely.

2 - No matter which cryptocurrency you use, this risk is high. Transactions are generally irreversible, and there are very few legal protections to help you get your money back in the case of crime or accident (as there are with banks). There are a number of possible protections you can take against this risk. For example:
- Don't hold many funds on exchanges. If you do, keep your funds diversified between a few different exchanges, use 2FA, and regularly audit your accounts.
- Use open source wallet software. This is more likely to be audited for security and reliability.
- Only store your private keys in a secure location. This is important. If someone steals your private keys, all your money is gone. Sometimes your computer might not even be secure enough, due to the risks of viruses, etc. A hardware wallet such as the Trezor or Ledger devices is your best bet for maintaining the security of your private keys.

Ultimately all of these risks are manageable, but it's important to be aware of them, and take actions to ensure you're not throwing money down the drain.

gustaf.lindholm

Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:07 am

lol do you ever know about FOREX ? forex is more high risk then bitcoin cloud mining... :-) if you have an experience with FOREX, you will no have problem to invest in bitcoin cloud mining :-)
I agree! but each have their own risk. My personal opinion really forex trading is a bit more complicated than bitcoin mining, so having an experience on these will be an advantage. What makes the forex market unique is the lack of a central marketplace and is available 24 hours a day, five and a half days a week.

Ronald S
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 3D88DkB5nbgoxN4NN5THwMKQqZvs1H6neP

Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:18 am

At the moment this is a very good investment, but the problem is in bitcoin instability. Now the price only grows, but it is not known how long this will last. I think there is a risk, but if there is an opportunity for investment, then you can try.

LQMT Stock
https://vcashpay.com/

nc1

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:04 pm

The risks are very minimum I think at current situation.

Desi

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:46 pm

Cryptocurrencies are in general one of the riskiest investment of all times, but so far also the most profitable one. If you want to get into crypto, think about choosing more than just BTC but also some altcoins.

Deremy_K

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:15 pm

Now actually is a good time to sell, not to buy. I have some actual Bitcoins, but I'm considering selling and reinvesting in CFDs. I was making much more profit from it lately. But if you decide to go for it – don't go for big brokers, they are too slow. I'm trading with a small company Intelligent-c.com, going well for me. But you need to find a broker that will be good for you. Good luck)

Shadovv

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:46 am

Its always going to be a risk, however if you are only using fiat to purchase bitcoin that you dont actually need back right away, then it only becomes a waiting game upon andy major decline in price per token.
link?vcode=bqJgIN2r

Upholdingme
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:24 am

Make sure that the website your using is secure... Id like to let you know that I personally use Paxful for trading

ICO Enthusiast
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:09 pm

As it is a decentralized blockchain network and there is no government involvement in it so from my point of view there is no risk in bitcoin investment.

Erica_wil88
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:37 pm

The risks are high but it's one to take if you are looking to earn more than usual. You can always manage risks buy being equipped with the right knowledge and information. But If I were you I'd try other cryptos other than bitcoin.

Helena_burk
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:41 pm

The risk is always high in any crypto investment. I am new and trying to test the waters but from my readings I guess the golden rule would be to not put more that what you are not prepared to lose.

coinmaster
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue May 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Sure, if you decided to deal with cryptocurrency, then risk is about to become your loyal friend and partner. But in my opinion it is worth trying and most people here will more likely agree with me. Anyway, there are numerous risks which can be handled by using trustworthy exchanges with high security and good support. Of course it wouldn’t protect you from price changes (which most certainly will show itself), but it is a way to make your cryptofinanсes safer.

CryptoCZ
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed May 09, 2018 12:16 pm

Risk losing all your investments

Yogay
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat May 26, 2018 11:32 am

There is huge risk on this market but if you have some money apart from your daily budget then it is a wise choice to take this risk as the expected reward is much higher than risk. The Bitcoin predictions are quite attractive, so I would recommend you to buy it now if you have a good plan and budget.

irikan50
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:53 pm

There are always risk in every investment. The benefit with Bitcoin is that its value will go down and eventually go up. You should invest in Bitcoin if you have the available resources. But remember this, you need to be patient.

Gregorian

Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:57 pm

Hi guys, I've built a web application, that tracks social-media activity ( telegram, reddit, bitcointalk, discord, ... ) of crypto-projects. It is supposed to help improve trading-decisions. The app is for free.

I would love to get some feedback on it, please let me know what you think, this is my personal mail: hayk.gregorian90@gmail

The App is called cryptorunup ( www.cryptorunup.com )

I would really appreciate it!!!

Return to “Trading Discussion”