keleman

send Bitcoin Cash to my bitcoin address in bitcoin.com wallet

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:03 am

Hi guys please help me.I have accidentally send my Bitcoin Cash to a Bitcoin address in Bitcoin.com wallet. What should I do?I am so scared now. please help me out thank you very much!

bitkilo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: send Bitcoin Cash to my bitcoin address in bitcoin.com wallet

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:46 am

Hi guys please help me.I have accidentally send my Bitcoin Cash to a Bitcoin address in Bitcoin.com wallet. What should I do?I am so scared now. please help me out thank you very much!
Shouldn't be anything to stress about too much, it still has to be somewhere so let's find it.
Can you post the transaction ID?

If you sent BTC to a BCC address in the Bitcoin.com wallet then you should be able to recover it. Try sweep the private key of the address you sent the BTC to and it should show up.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

keleman

Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:16 am

Thank you!you are my hero!now I know that my Bitcoin Cash is safe.but how do I get my Bitcoin wallet private key?(I transferred Bitcoin Cash to a Bitcoin address )in my Bitcoin.com wallet I can't find where to get my private key... The wrong address is 1JfTaVT2Uhr6aZ8GFRVpPu4pbtjMC1eGdc
Which is a Bitcoin address in my Bitcoin.com wallet. Can you please teach me how to get the private key of it? Thank you so much!

bitkilo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:37 am

Thank you!you are my hero!now I know that my Bitcoin Cash is safe.but how do I get my Bitcoin wallet private key?(I transferred Bitcoin Cash to a Bitcoin address )in my Bitcoin.com wallet I can't find where to get my private key... The wrong address is 1JfTaVT2Uhr6aZ8GFRVpPu4pbtjMC1eGdc
Which is a Bitcoin address in my Bitcoin.com wallet. Can you please teach me how to get the private key of it? Thank you so much!
Maybe first just try to go into your BTC wallet on Bitcoin.com (the wallet you sent BCC to) and select "more options" then "wallet addresses" then "scan addresses for fund" that should up the BCC balance for you.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

keleman

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:34 am

Maybe first just try to go into your BTC wallet on Bitcoin.com (the wallet you sent BTC to) and select "more options" then "wallet addresses" then "scan addresses for fund" that should up the BTC balance for you.
I tried. And it didn't work. should I get my private key of that BTC address,and put it in a Bitcoin Cash wallet? And I don't know how to get my private key from bitcoin.com wallet. Please help me.

bitkilo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:31 am

Maybe first just try to go into your BTC wallet on Bitcoin.com (the wallet you sent BTC to) and select "more options" then "wallet addresses" then "scan addresses for fund" that should up the BTC balance for you.
I tried. And it didn't work. should I get my private key of that BTC address,and put it in a Bitcoin Cash wallet? And I don't know how to get my private key from bitcoin.com wallet. Please help me.
Let me play around with my wallet a bit and see if i can give you step by step instructions.

I am interested in how to recover this too so will send a small amount of BCC to one of my BTC addresses on the Bitcoin.com wallet i have.
Are you using android, iPhone, desktop?

keleman

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:41 am

Let me play around with my wallet a bit and see if i can give you step by step instructions.

I am interested in how to recover this too so will send a small amount of BCC to one of my BTC addresses on the Bitcoin.com wallet i have.
I use ios and Windows

bitkilo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:56 am

I use ios and Windows
Thanks, since i don't use either of these versions you may have to wait for Fremont or someone else to reply but i will still try on my devise a little later once home.
You could try this recovery tool while waiting and select "btc/livenet
The process is explain here for Copay but will work same to our wallet.

keleman

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:12 am

I use ios and Windows
Thanks, since i don't use either of these versions you may have to wait for Fremont or someone else to reply but i will still try on my devise a little later once home.
Thank you!I will try that.really appreciate! Take your time please. I can wait.

OneChain
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:09 pm

You should be able to recover it.
Whichever blockchain wins, the world wins ImageImage

keleman

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:01 pm

I have successfully recovered it.thank you very much!

DesaiAK

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:38 pm

Hello,

I just made the same mistake. I sent BCH from my Poloniex.com wallet, to my BTC wallet on bitcoin.com wallet. How do I recover this? Can someone provide some step by step directions.

maverick1715

Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:44 am

I have successfully recovered it.thank you very much!
How did you recovered it? I made them same mistake..

wexlsepp

Donate BTC of your choice to 1P9E8GqQz8EdinAs9BoEe4KbjCthmfnV3A

Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:36 pm

first create a backup
for sweeping the account:
create a new personal wallet -> enable Bitcoin Cash -> show advanced options -> Wallet key -> copy from your wallet -> select your wallet -> create.

regards
Andreas Kraxner
Andreas Kraxner
BCC: 1EtTkrh1WoENMuYCig3QQquV4gMFftPCQz
BTC: 1P9E8GqQz8EdinAs9BoEe4KbjCthmfnV3A

ciiv

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:58 pm

I use ios and Windows
This process worked for me.

I had accidentally sent BTC to a BCH wallet without exchanging, just direct transfer. The BTC didnt show up in my BCH wallet, but the BTC wallet said it went through on the blockchain. It was just in limbo. This tool allowed me to enter my BCH wallet recovery phrase & then input my BTC wallet address to recover.

Thank you!

SMB-2525

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Biw5FjycbaXk6qLwPztTH334xtEnwqxRa

Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:15 am

first create a backup
for sweeping the account:
create a new personal wallet -> enable Bitcoin Cash -> show advanced options -> Wallet key -> copy from your wallet -> select your wallet -> create.

regards
Andreas Kraxner
This worked for me as well.
Note that the BCH did not show up in the sweep wallet until after I created the backup.

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”