50%
No
50%

Total votes: 4
kittyanne

Is cloud mining worth it?

Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm

Hi everyone,
With a few new sites popping up for cloud mining that offer better rates than Genesis
I am going to do a £300 test run on minersale https://www.minersale.com/ and I'll update in a few months.

Baloo
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Is cloud mining worth it?

Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:51 am

You should calculate everything. Estimate how much you'll get and how much you need to pay. That way you'll know if it's worth it or not.

joemarct

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:31 am

Just buy bitcoin dude! 8-)
No man is an island

SouperNerd
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:57 am

Just buy bitcoin dude! 8-)
Super agree! Cloud mining fad is over. Either buy bitcoin or create a for-profit service that accepts bitcoin.
Two wrongs don't make a right

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:20 am

Cloud mining is almost always a scam, unprofitable, or a ponzi scheme. Just think about it. Why would miners rent off their hashpower at a cheaper rate than gte profits? That's hilariously dumb. The only reputable service that I know of is Hashnest. Even Genesis mining hasn't proved the existence of their mining farm, but their contracts themselves are unprofitable and will end in them profiting, no matter what.

As other have said, just buy.
theres a snake in my boot

SouperNerd
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:40 am

Cloud mining is almost always a scam, unprofitable, or a ponzi scheme. Just think about it. Why would miners rent off their hashpower at a cheaper rate than gte profits? That's hilariously dumb. The only reputable service that I know of is Hashnest. Even Genesis mining hasn't proved the existence of their mining farm, but their contracts themselves are unprofitable and will end in them profiting, no matter what.

100% agree with the first sentence.
Two wrongs don't make a right

Gaenonahiri
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:33 pm

You do not know all the projects of cloud mining, so you can not say that absolutely all of them are scam (for example, I know great Zumminer project). In addition, it can not be denied that cloud mining is much more efficient and cheaper.

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:46 pm

You do not know all the projects of cloud mining, so you can not say that absolutely all of them are scam (for example, I know great Zumminer project). In addition, it can not be denied that cloud mining is much more efficient and cheaper.
I didn't say they were all scams. But most of them are unprofitable. Just ask yourself - what's the incentive to give profits to users, when you could just hoard all the profits? Cloud mining like nicehash is usually the best, where people rent off their rigs and people can purchase their hashpower for a set amount of time. The same question still applies there. Somehow, some way, people will be making profit from you.
theres a snake in my boot

lukewarm01
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:11 am

I don't think It's worth it. In fact, you're paying a lot for "just in case" equipment is damaged. I believe you should just buy crypto and wait it out, and it should rise in value :)

kirillox

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:03 pm

all i can say, im finally off of it. now im on Asictrader and thats good

Return to “Off-Topic”