iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Make it Happen

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:38 pm

"Users are telling you they want a 2 MB limit. Exchanges are telling you they want a 2 MB limit. Miners are telling you they want a 2 MB limit. Developers are telling you they want a 2 MB limit.

The overwhelming majority of the Bitcoin community are telling the Core developers they want a 2 MB limit. It's practically the smallest possible change that the overwhelming majority can agree to."

Overwhelming? It's 4 of 4, thats more than overwhelming and I will take these type of odds all day long.

After weeks of analyzing all the discussion across here, Reddit and 3 other forums - a 2MB limit is the only choice. So now, just like the US elected its first black President, make it happen.

A list of major backers, the elite of Bitcoin:

Developers

Jonathan Toomim
Gavin Andresen
Ahmed Bodiwala
Jeff Garzik
Peter Rizun

Miners

Bitmain/Antpool
BitFury
BW.COM
HAOBTC.com
KnCMiner
Genesis Mining
Avalon Miner

Companies

Coinbase
OKCoin
Bitstamp
Blockchain.info (Peter Smith)
Xapo
Bitcoin.com
Foldapp
Bread Wallet
Snapcard.io
Cubits
Vaultoro
Coinify
Bitso
Bitnet
BitOasis
Lamassu
BlockCypher

Users

Olivier Janssens
Michael Toomim
Roger Ver
Peter Ng

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

fBSDluv

Re: Make it Happen

Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:26 am

"Users are telling you they want a 2 MB limit. Exchanges are telling you they want a 2 MB limit. Miners are telling you they want a 2 MB limit. Developers are telling you they want a 2 MB limit.

The overwhelming majority of the Bitcoin community are telling the Core developers they want a 2 MB limit. It's practically the smallest possible change that the overwhelming majority can agree to."

Overwhelming? It's 4 of 4, thats more than overwhelming and I will take these type of odds all day long.

After weeks of analyzing all the discussion across here, Reddit and 3 other forums - a 2MB limit is the only choice. So now, just like the US elected its first black President, make it happen.

A list of major backers, the elite of Bitcoin:

Developers

Jonathan Toomim
Gavin Andresen
Ahmed Bodiwala
Jeff Garzik
Peter Rizun

Miners

Bitmain/Antpool
BitFury
BW.COM
HAOBTC.com
KnCMiner
Genesis Mining
Avalon Miner

Companies

Coinbase
OKCoin
Bitstamp
Blockchain.info (Peter Smith)
Xapo
Bitcoin.com
Foldapp
Bread Wallet
Snapcard.io
Cubits
Vaultoro
Coinify
Bitso
Bitnet
BitOasis
Lamassu
BlockCypher

Users

Olivier Janssens
Michael Toomim
Roger Ver
Peter Ng
2mb fo sho!

CryptAxe
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:33 pm

I think we can all agree (except luke-jr and I don't fully understand his smaller block argument so I will leave it alone), that 2MB is a non-radical change that will not kill Bitcoin :) I've personally tested (when I was working on another project) blocksizes of 10MB with full blocks and anyone with the skills to setup a Linux server would have access to a system (I used raspberry pi's with huge SD cards) which can keep up with blocks this big if they aren't using dialup.

We have to remember that the block size isn't the only scaling hurdle though. This should be seen more as a bandaid fix at a certain point as raising the blocksize will not lead to sustainable increases in stability/scalability/availability. Eventually things like segwit which improve the protocol itself and reduce tx size, or layers similar to the lightning network (which I tried to find code for but only found stuff written in GO so I'm not sure what's happening with that) will be needed on top of increasing the block size to keep the network going.

I don't belong on the 'vip' 8-) supporters list, but let's make it happen!
CryptAxe.com | bitcoinhivemind.com

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:55 pm

I think we can all agree (except luke-jr and I don't fully understand his smaller block argument so I will leave it alone), that 2MB is a non-radical change that will not kill Bitcoin :) I've personally tested (when I was working on another project) blocksizes of 10MB with full blocks and anyone with the skills to setup a Linux server would have access to a system (I used raspberry pi's with huge SD cards) which can keep up with blocks this big if they aren't using dialup.

We have to remember that the block size isn't the only scaling hurdle though. This should be seen more as a bandaid fix at a certain point as raising the blocksize will not lead to sustainable increases in stability/scalability/availability. Eventually things like segwit which improve the protocol itself and reduce tx size, or layers similar to the lightning network (which I tried to find code for but only found stuff written in GO so I'm not sure what's happening with that) will be needed on top of increasing the block size to keep the network going.

I don't belong on the 'vip' 8-) supporters list, but let's make it happen!
Great post!

As you said, non-radical changes must be the only ones performed for banking software that has a $6B market-cap in-use by millions of people around the world. Before any talks of anywhere near 10MB, there must be serious testing done for at least a year and much discussion in-between.

The main problem I see in a lot of discussion is that you have competing crypto-coins offering bad advice under their ulterior motive that "bitcoin will fail" and make their crypto-currency #1. Bitcoin has to be very careful and not forget that it has enemies, a list that will only continue to grow.

I know that people wish for Bitcoin to remain free, however - there really needs to be a council setup that does not consist of "developers". There also needs to be a voting system that is transparent and offers some type of authentication to ensure the vote is not rigged.

Since we plan to take-over the way the banking industry works - we must be smart, careful and work together.

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”