evolvo
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thank you Bitcoiners!

Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:19 pm

We made "Welcome To The Blockchain (The Bitcoin Song)" about a year ago. We decided to make the song available for free and to solely rely on Bitcoin donations.

Even though we had seen the generosity of the Bitcoin community several times in the past, we didn't expect to receive any significant amount in tips.

To this day, after 32,000 plays, we've received 138 tips from all over the world for a total of just over 1.5 BTC. This is a lot of money for two struggling artists and it's far more than we ever expected. It demonstrates the viability of this technology for content creators.

Thank you again for your generosity, and we hope that our song can continue being somewhat of an anthem for the growing Bitcoin community.

If you haven't seen/heard our song yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbzNJr26H-4
Tips: Image

peace!

LiteCoinGuy
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Dbo5TtxG9cWoyw49GM8vbD7HgQhr1KVi6

Re: Thank you Bitcoiners!

Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:23 pm

More informations about Bitcoin and scaling BTC on

bitcoin.org/en/

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2015/12/23/c ... reases-faq

&
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

evolvo
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:12 pm

thanks for linking the video

tey
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Q5H8v5cKpAeLpJsrgpJpepoT1tfRFUqpR

Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:38 am

Thank you for sharing :)

It is a great example in showing the world how to earn bitcoins aka money , apart from faucets and ponzis.

We thank you for putting your faith in the community.
Together we are stronger !

:mrgreen:
innovation without permixxion

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:37 am

evolvo, thanks for making such a great song!
May I ask what interested you enough about Bitcoin to actually take the time to make a song about it?
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

evolvo
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:03 am

evolvo, thanks for making such a great song!
May I ask what interested you enough about Bitcoin to actually take the time to make a song about it?
Thank you for checking it out! I first learned about Bitcoin in the summer of 2012 and sort of dismissed it casually. Later that night, I started googling, and I spent about two weeks absorbing everything I could. I started to realize not only what it currently was, but what the implications were for my larger vision of personal and economic liberty. This was everything I preached to anyone willing to hear and it was actually functioning in practice! I started to see the ability this technology has to empower people all around the world. This is the beginning of infinity.

I wanted to create a song that could be an anthem for and to energize the community and to be able to communicate what Bitcoin is and what it's implications are for the larger musical audience. I decided to give it away for free for 3 reasons
A. This allows more people to be exposed to the song and through it Bitcoin.
B. I wanted to know exactly how much people valued the song. If they have to buy it to get it, that doesn't tell me anything about how much they really appreciated the song. If they listened to the song and felt compelled to send a donation, then I knew it really impacted them in some way. I would rather have a real impact on 200 people than to be passively heard by 20,000.
C. I wanted to make an example for how social entrepreneurs can monetize their creative content to the world.

I'm grateful to be a part of this movement for freedom. Thank you for everything you do as well!
peace
Toby

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:17 pm

I wanted to create a song that could be an anthem for and to energize the community and to be able to communicate what Bitcoin is and what it's implications are for the larger musical audience.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

evolvo
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:47 am

I wanted to create a song that could be an anthem for and to energize the community and to be able to communicate what Bitcoin is and what it's implications are for the larger musical audience.
hahaha...thanks :D

evolvo
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:55 pm

Just passed 51 k views!

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:14 pm

Congratulations, i seem to hear the song every time i listen to a podcast.
It's the type of song that sticks in your head and would appeal to everyone, even non bitcoiners i believe.

Keep up the good work guys! :)
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

evolvo
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:24 pm

Congratulations, i seem to hear the song every time i listen to a podcast.
It's the type of song that sticks in your head and would appeal to everyone, even non bitcoiners i believe.

Keep up the good work guys! :)
thank you! happy new year to all!

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”