vitalino

I need to know what is better

Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:54 pm

hey guys! I have a problem with the choice. I can't determine what is best Bitcoin or ethereum. people says that the ethereum is faster than bitcoin and more neoteric. but I hold opinions that the bitcoin is better. please help me with the choice

patrickcoin
Banned
Banned

Re: I need to know what is better

Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:55 pm

investing in BTC would be fine..

karasurizero
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Just mining Ethereum and transfer it into bitcoin. Profit!
hahaha that's true! many of people who choose Ethereum do it. but buy a bitcoin is much more easyer than mining both of them

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:29 pm

hey guys! I have a problem with the choice. I can't determine what is best Bitcoin or ethereum. people says that the ethereum is faster than bitcoin and more neoteric. but I hold opinions that the bitcoin is better. please help me with the choice
Why do you need to decide on what's better? Just know that both of these cryptos are good. You don't need to pick a side; they both can grow side by side.

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:14 pm

All of ethereums current increase is speculative.

Another important thing to remember is that eth is inflationary by design while Bitcoin is deflationary.

Dmitriy Khomenkov
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:36 pm

Bitcoin now has a better reputation. He is better known. But the leader often loses if his opponent is more dynamic. Therefore it is logical to choose both :-)

kateryna.oliinyk
Banned
Banned

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:57 pm

Just mining Ethereum and transfer it into bitcoin. Profit!
Yep. It will be clearly in practice, I think.

Cryptoinna
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:11 am

Bitcoin is more established. Less downside risk with less upside.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:53 am

This is something you will need to decide for yourself, nobody can tell you what to buy and especially so if we don't know the reasons why you want a crypto currency in the first place.

Bitcoin is the oldest and most established cryptocurrency on the market but depending on what you want to use it for bitcoin may not be the coin that best suits your needs. Take micro payments as an example, if that's what you want to be able to do then sadly bitcoin would not be the best choice any longer as the transaction fees have jumped so much that the fee to send the transaction could be double the amount you want to send.

If you are looking for a coin to invest in and hold waiting for a price rise then both Bitcoin and Ethereum have potential, ETH is cheaper per coin so you could buy a few and see a larger profit if the price keeps going the same direction as it has been lately.

Good luck! :)
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

argon2

Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:57 am

Define Better
Research and come to your own conculusion
Dont listen to random people

farhan236
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:53 am

For me Bitcoin is best one were Send Bitcoin from your computer, tablet, smart phone or other device, to anyone, anywhere in the world, day and night.

Crixus
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:48 pm

Yes, Ethereum is much easier to mine now. But bitcoin is good for long term investing. So I agree with previous answers

patrickcoin
Banned
Banned

Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:35 pm

people are tending more towards ethereum mining.

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:11 pm

Exactly!

And not only will they grow alongside each other, they complement each other. They aren't competitors...which is the most common misconception about Ethereum.

Ethereum isn't a currency as Bitcoin is. Ethereum's tokens, called ether, is a currency of computing power (not money). And Ethereum is changing the world by bringing a blockchain template to to any business, organization, start-up, government, or charitable organization that can find a need to build a project or their business on the blockchain technology.

Why not own both? Owning both allows you to diversify your total crypto-industry investments! And while Bitcoin is the big leader, Ethereum is younger and has more opportunity to grow in a shorter amount of time.
Why do you need to decide on what's better? Just know that both of these cryptos are good. You don't need to pick a side; they both can grow side by side.

Denishayes89
Banned
Banned

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:00 pm

But Ethereum is probably not worse than Bitcoin either.
I think the two are roughly the same.
Mainly because:
Bitcoin is a more proven store of value, has more proven security, has the benefit of being around longerand is more stable and reliable.
Ethereum so far has a better community, better smart contract platform, is more focused on scaling and partnerships with industry and is better as a launching pad for ICOs.
Bitcoin has a lot of infighting over scaling vs. security.
But Ethereum may go through the same thing soon as transactions grow to a volume higher than the system can handle. Transactions may go unconfirmed and get backlogged.
There’s a lot of unrealized potential on both coins - but especially Ethereum.
Bitcoin is more established. Less downside risk with less upside.
Risk-adjusted, I’m not sure I’d prefer one over the other. But be aware that both are VERY risky speculative trades you can make. They should not be called investments. Even if you just buy and hold. Lots of people bought and held until zero during the dot com bust.

katepagava
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:56 pm

If we r talking about mining thats definitely ETH, because its really hard to mine Btc considering on fact how much huge miners of BTC there are

katepagava
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:11 pm

However for investing I'd recomend BTC, as far as I'm conserned it's more credible ;)

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”