Dead23
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1CRgaMfGe2rEM3iuBSwfF1yM711JxeAjX5

Having trouble choosing an exhange

Sat May 27, 2017 2:05 am

Okay guys, so I'm new to this whole thing. I've done a tonne of reading on different exchanges and the second I think I've got enough positive feed back to actually decide on an exchange, I bump into negative info.. I know every exchange will have its fans and its critics based on the different benefits/functions it provides, but it makes it extremely difficult for someone who has never purchased Bitcoin before to make a decision... So, I would really appreciate some feedback on an exchange that would be ideal for someone new to the game. One which simplifies and streamlines everything would be great. Any suggestions would be infinitely appreciated.. I'm looking to make a couple of small purchases at first. I want to fiddle around with moving my Bitcoin to cold storage and then out again just so I can experience moving funds around first hand (you learn best when you experience it yourself).. then after this I'll make a larger purchase. I'll have a small amount which I'll keep easily accessible so I can gain experience using bitcoin for purchases, but for now I still need to decide on the exchange.

So ideally an exchange which is suited to the beginner. Simple and streamlined. Ideally with fee's which aren't too high, because I will make a larger purchase eventually.

Jake

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Having trouble choosing an exhange

Sat May 27, 2017 3:46 am

Okay guys, so I'm new to this whole thing. I've done a tonne of reading on different exchanges and the second I think I've got enough positive feed back to actually decide on an exchange, I bump into negative info.. I know every exchange will have its fans and its critics based on the different benefits/functions it provides, but it makes it extremely difficult for someone who has never purchased Bitcoin before to make a decision... So, I would really appreciate some feedback on an exchange that would be ideal for someone new to the game. One which simplifies and streamlines everything would be great. Any suggestions would be infinitely appreciated.. I'm looking to make a couple of small purchases at first. I want to fiddle around with moving my Bitcoin to cold storage and then out again just so I can experience moving funds around first hand (you learn best when you experience it yourself).. then after this I'll make a larger purchase. I'll have a small amount which I'll keep easily accessible so I can gain experience using bitcoin for purchases, but for now I still need to decide on the exchange.

So ideally an exchange which is suited to the beginner. Simple and streamlined. Ideally with fee's which aren't too high, because I will make a larger purchase eventually.

Jake
It all depends on where you are located. Are you in the US?

Dead23
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat May 27, 2017 4:58 am

I'm in Australia.

Dead23
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat May 27, 2017 11:48 pm

Anyone????

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun May 28, 2017 1:25 am

Anyone????
Any of these accept funds in Australia https://www.bitcoin.com/buy-bitcoin?country=AU just click see all exchanges.

Some that I recommend but I don't know if they operate in Australia are Coinbase, Gemini, Bitstamp.

Dead23
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 29, 2017 1:05 am

The famous Bitcoinxio! Thanks for the recommendations. I already checked out the Australian list on this site, but just like any site it's just another list that makes my head spin.. I'll check out Coinbase. That's the place most people recommend.

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 29, 2017 2:30 am

The famous Bitcoinxio! Thanks for the recommendations. I already checked out the Australian list on this site, but just like any site it's just another list that makes my head spin.. I'll check out Coinbase. That's the place most people recommend.
Coinbase and Gemini are both really good. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

davidmccoy
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 29, 2017 7:48 pm

Coinbase, btcmarkets, Cionjar, localbitcoins.com are few reliable to check. Check the fees before doing business with any of these or others.
CoinBanks Bitcoin Trading Service

NanaLelyakova
Banned
Banned

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:39 pm

Localbitcoins.com
Localbitcoins is quite a popular for p2p (person to person) transactions all over the world. Simply put, you interact directly with the guy selling to you. Out of all the bitcoin sites listed here, this is one of the first and most reputed. Escrow and dispute resolution is provided by the site.

Pros
Great way to meet people

PayPal also available

No verification needed

Popular in most countries

Cons
May take longer to conclude transaction

Risks associated with anonymous transactions

Some bank accounts have been suspended after receiving money

cryptobit
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:07 pm

This is a headache for many people and I also have been on the same boat.
Best exchange for buying and selling is no exchange. Every exchange has many demands to meet their criteria
But go for localbitcoins.com for buying and selling anywhere in the world .

patrickcoin
Banned
Banned

Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:57 am

I'm from India, If someone looking for reliable exchange there I would suggest going for BItxoxo Bitcoin Exchange.
I have already gone through many exchange international are best like coinbase but now I highly recommend Bitxoxo and Unocoin for their service.

patrickcoin
Banned
Banned

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:36 pm

I'm from India, If someone looking for reliable exchange there I would suggest going for BItxoxo Bitcoin Exchange.
I have already gone through many exchange international are best like coinbase but now I highly recommend Bitxoxo and Unocoin for their service.
yes its nice exchange with reliable services by 24X7 (bitxoxo)
Apology for the late reply dear I got to see some server down problem these days with Bitxoxohttps://www.bitxoxo.com/homeare you too?

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Not sure which to recommend, but i'd say stay away from BitFinex and Kraken. Also, don't use smaller exchanges.
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

Return to “Exchanges”