Melswildcat

Where is my wallet address

Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:50 am

Hi everyone, I'm trying to find my wallet address. What do I need to click on to find it.
I was trying to send some coins from my wallet to my wife's wallet as a learning exercise in coin transfer between wallets before I actually try to sell some coins.
I'm not really sure how it works. Any help would be great.
Thanks, Mel.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: Where is my wallet address

Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:07 am

Hi everyone, I'm trying to find my wallet address. What do I need to click on to find it.
I was trying to send some coins from my wallet to my wife's wallet as a learning exercise in coin transfer between wallets before I actually try to sell some coins.
Thanks, Mel.
Hi Mel,

First of all we need to know what bitcoin wallet you are using to help any further
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

piebeyb
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1EsWXN3VcBb2rRenMBYd4V3WTfiZxaaiK3

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:16 am

I think you need to explain a little bit bitcoin wallet that you use at least the people on this forum can help you here, but if you use blockchain you can see on the part RECEIVE 8-)
Image Tip me BCH : qzahl4e8mqy5se6sdnc6j24mv4vtdtlpv5jmnhsw3n

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:54 am

Thanks, Mel.

It depends on the wallet, but most wallets label your addresses "receiving addresses".

Melswildcat

Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi guys, my wallet is newly downloaded block chain. I had to load it all new on a new laptop. Took about 3 weeks to load.
I found the address in "file" then in "receiving addresses". Its great, thanks.
Now I try to send coins and all the details are entered correctly, but when I click "send" it wouldn't accept my passphrase.
The passphrase was created and saved on paper in 2013 and should work. it doesn't. Do I need to create a new passphrase for the new wallet?
How do I do that if the old passphrase comes up as "incorrect". I can't even change it without getting in to change it.
What am I doing wrong?

grandFX
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 19BkU3ZUHsHaiJ2vye4JHEZYZBhfvnrkTB

Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi guys, my wallet is newly downloaded block chain. I had to load it all new on a new laptop. Took about 3 weeks to load.
Now I try to send coins and all the details are entered correctly, but when I click "send" it wouldn't accept my passphrase.
The passphrase was created and saved on paper in 2013 and should work. it doesn't. Do I need to create a new passphrase for the new wallet?
How do I do that if the old passphrase comes up as "incorrect". I can't even change it without getting in to change it.
What am I doing wrong?
What's bitcoin wallet you use?
your the passphrase it should work to sent your coins. Please check again your the passpharase.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:11 am

What am I doing wrong?
What's bitcoin wallet you use?
your the passphrase it should work to sent your coins. Please check again your the passpharase.
Well the OP says he downloaded the blockchain wallet but i don't know why it would take 3 weeks to install just the normal blockchain.info wallet since its only a light wallet.

@OP, is the wallet you are using blockchain.info?

If you have forgotten your password/phase then look into the FAQ on the site and contact their support but there probably won't be much they can do if you have forgotten it.

Depending on how much BTC is involved as a last resort you could try this service: https://walletrecoveryservices.com/

If you made a unencrypted backup of your private keys then you could always look for them and just import into a new wallet.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

jackboss
Banned
Banned

Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:41 am

Can you tell us what bitcoin wallet are you using ?

Return to “Technical Support”