Cryptopaea

Please Help Me Understand this Pancake Swap V1 to V2 Debacle! Am I crazy?

Thu May 13, 2021 4:20 pm

I'm hoping some of you can help me understand this Pancake Swap V1 and V2 migration thing that has been occurring.

I have been trading a few coins in the Binance Smart Chain and recently pancake swap started placing this "Use V2 Exchange" because V1 is no longer supported. But at the same time, some of these coins can't move over to V2 because they have liquidity locked.

Now here's my concern...
Some of these projects are great projects, and Pancake Swap is basically scaring people, and creating this ridiculous barrier to entry and you have to wait like 10 seconds in a countdown before you can click a button just to trade on V1. They may as well say... "Woah, you sure you wanna go there!? It's scary on that old, unsupported V1 world! Don't forget to put on your body armor!"

This is scaring people away!

The disturbing part is that these token projects are stuck because they locked liquidity! In doing so, this prevents them from migrating from V1 to V2 in a lot of cases I'm seeing.

From what I'm hearing, some are locked for like 100 years or something?

Now it seems like Pancake Swap has really screwed any legitimate project that did the GOOD and HONEST thing by locking liquidity. Am I wrong in assuming this? This whole thing just seems pretty messed up!

Return to “Off-Topic”