foolish_coin

BCH sent to BTC wallet on cash app

Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:33 pm

I had funds in a bitcoincom bch wallet. a friend suggested using cash app to convert bitcoin to cash. I didnt realize the difference between bch and btc (know more now from my mistake). Bitcoincom is saying they can not help since it was not sent to another bitcoincom wallet. cash app is saying i need to work with the sending wallet / Bitcoincom says I can only get help from the receiving wallet. basically both companies are saying they cant help.

is there any way to try and get these coins back into my bitcoin bch wallet? :?: :?: :?: :?:

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: BCH sent to BTC wallet on cash app

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:05 am

I had funds in a bitcoincom bch wallet. a friend suggested using cash app to convert bitcoin to cash. I didnt realize the difference between bch and btc (know more now from my mistake). Bitcoincom is saying they can not help since it was not sent to another bitcoincom wallet. cash app is saying i need to work with the sending wallet / Bitcoincom says I can only get help from the receiving wallet. basically both companies are saying they cant help.

is there any way to try and get these coins back into my bitcoin bch wallet? :?: :?: :?: :?:
Hello,
If you are talking about the BCH Merchant app, then this cannot be used to convert currencies. It is just an app the merchants can use to accept BCH without their staff having access to the wallet private keys.
To trade currencies, you will need to use a site/wallet that provides that service.

If you are already using the Bitcoin.com wallet, then you can convert BCH to BTC, or vice-versa directly within the wallet app, just select the "SideShift trade BTC to BCH option from the homepage useful links.

Bitcoin (BCH & BTC) transactions cannot be reversed or recovered from the sending side. If you have sent BCH to a BTC address or vice-versa then you will need to speak with the support team of the receiving wallet. If the BCH was sent to an address starting with "3" then it will be hard to near impossible to recover without the right help. If sent to an address starting with "1" then recovery should be quite easy.

Can you please explain exactly what wallet you have sent the wrong currency to?
What address did you send to? Do you control the private keys to the receiving address?
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

nandibear
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:51 pm

Hi,

Cash App supports BTC only.

The BCH that you sent is at the address sent to. The public keys and private keys are the same on both chains (BCH and BTC). Cash App should have the private key. Importing, or sweeping, that key into a wallet which supports BCH will give access to the BCH.

As bitkilo mention, "Bitcoin (BCH & BTC) transactions cannot be reversed or recovered from the sending side."

Please also keep in mind that Cash App is not obligated help you recover the BCH that your sent to your Cash App BTC address.

If by chance Cash App uses BTC Segwit addresses you might (probably not) be able to pay a mining pool to recover the BCH if you can ascertain the public key for the BTC Segwit address (if no transactions have ever been sent from the address you can only find it by asking Cash App).

foolish_coin

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:46 am

thanks, yes I mistakenly sent from a bitcoindotcom bch address to cashapp btc wallet. its in limbo now and I have many messages into cashapp in hopes of getting the codes for that wallet since it wasnt something provided when setting up bitcoin use on cashapp. so far looking like an expensive lesson.

Return to “Technical Support”