Forum rules
Due to incessant ICO threads being posted in this sub-forum, all ICO Announcement threads must be posted only within the 'ICO Announcements' sub-forum; posting ICO threads here in Altcoins is no longer permitted. Any ICO threads posted here will be moved, and continuing to flout the rules will result in your account being banned.

Bitcoin.com is not responsible for any of the ICO's posted or promoted on this forum.
Users are responsible for their own safety and security on any link they choose to click on, or external site they wish to engage with.

None of the ICO's linked anywhere on this forum are endorsed by Bitcoin.com; users must do their own due diligence on any company / site linked to within this forum.
Giletto
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Moreno Vs Veil (A Side by Side Comparison)

Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:09 am

Most times, words and long articles have not really been enough to illustrate how these privacy coins measure up against one another and thus, it's necessary to put a closer perspective on each ones weaknesses and strengths for a better cryptocurrency decision and awareness. So how does these two really measure up?

Monero

Consensus Algorithm - PoW

Masternodes - No

Premine - No

ASIC Attack Resistant - Yes

Untraceable - Yes

Wallets - Yes

Retrievable Transaction History - Yes

Better Scalability - No

Staking Rewards - No

Exchange - Yes

Consensus Algorithm - PoW & PoS

Masternodes - No

Premine - No

ASIC Attack Resistant - Yes

Untraceable - Yes

Wallets - Yes

Retrievable Transaction History - No

Better Scalability - Yes

Staking Rewards - Yes

Exchange - Yes

Steven_nevetS
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Moreno Vs Veil (A Side by Side Comparison)

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:15 pm

Veil offers nothing new really.

Why would anyone want to move all their monero's to veil or leave mining monero for Veil ?!
Monero is top 15 and Veil?!?

Dont try to compare the power of a child to the power of Hercules.

Giletto
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:57 am

Why would anyone want to move all their monero's to veil or leave mining monero for Veil ?!

Moreno is the mother of all privacy coins(just like bitcoin for all cryptocurrencies) I agree but with recent advances in privacy technology development, Monero have not measured up and other more contemporary privacy coins like PivX, Zcoin, Veil and Grin has capitalised on that to provide more efficient privacy

Steven_nevetS
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Grin?!?! Grin was sold at $261 and now? Its useless.
Wont last long.....
Grin just going down and down.
Veil has potential, but dont compare to monero.
Build new features into Veil and then progress from there.
Nobody will change from Monero to Veil or any other coin easily

Giletto
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:05 pm

Grin?!?! Grin was sold at $261 and now? Its useless.
Wont last long.....
Grin just going down and down.
Veil has potential, but dont compare to monero.
Build new features into Veil and then progress from there.
Nobody will change from Monero to Veil or any other coin easily
The idea is not really to compare with Monero but rather to put to fore, the potentials of Veil. Also, prices might just be over emphasised a times. Anyway, I appreciate your input alot. Thank you ;)

Jeffbrad
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:24 am

Basically, the problems that have already discovered by the old major crypto will have fixed by new crypto. Remember when ethereum reveal its problem with smartcontract and a bunch of new smartcontract platforms tried to solve it. Veil has been doing the same thing but it's a little bit different consider veil was trying to solve any problems in the privacy coin through using new technologies. This is much different rather than use the same technology with a few improvements.

Veil is winning in this comparison and it has the potential to surpass it.

Steven_nevetS
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:29 am

All those top coins had to start somewhere.
I like Veil, its also had some nice trading on txbit.io
Its growing, but it has a LOT to prove before miners that make money on monero for example, move to veil.

karldark
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:32 am

Monero is over five years old and has stood the test of time in the cryprocurrency space, Veil is barely four months old, in that period it has appreciated in value by over 300% of its seed funding!!! Still it can't yet be compared with Monero in terms of market capitalization but it shows the potential of the project in terms of investments and room for growth.
I think given time Veil will be major contender for the top privacy coin.

In terms of technology, Veil offers not just privacy and anonymity at the blockchain level through employing the core concept of Monero (RingCT) and zero knowledge proof (Zerocoin protocol) but also at the network layer through the Dandelion protocol.

Vlad96
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:39 am

Veil offers new technologies and has a great potential as I see. For me, as a crypto investor, it means only one thing, Veil is worth to invest :D

Giletto
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:11 pm

Monero is over five years old and has stood the test of time in the cryprocurrency space, Veil is barely four months old, in that period it has appreciated in value by over 300% of its seed funding!!! Still it can't yet be compared with Monero in terms of market capitalization but it shows the potential of the project in terms of investments and room for growth.
I think given time Veil will be major contender for the top privacy coin.

In terms of technology, Veil offers not just privacy and anonymity at the blockchain level through employing the core concept of Monero (RingCT) and zero knowledge proof (Zerocoin protocol) but also at the network layer through the Dandelion protocol.
Cryptocurency enthusiasts often tend to forget that asides Monero lagging in scalability, it does not provide full privacy as transaction records can be shared within the network with an acclaimed 'trusted' third party. This is a no brainer for me

karldark
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat May 04, 2019 6:02 pm

That's one of the major reasons why VEIL offers superior technical features. Scalability is a major challenge of cryptocurrency, I remember how expensive transactions with btc and eth became during the last bull run.
In my opinion, Veil is the golden horse of the privacy coin market.

Deathproxy
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun May 05, 2019 2:54 pm

Monero has been around for quite some time now and have stood the test of time unlike veil that is a new startup and still trying to plant its feet in crypto space. Veil is breaking into the privacy coin space with a whole new approach and new technology to provide absolute privacy without compromise i think that will be their edge over existing privacy coin.

shinratensei
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 06, 2019 5:03 pm

I think it's too early for this comparison.
Monero is over 4 years in existence while veil is barely 4 months and when it comes to popularity, usage and market capitalisation monero is much higher at the top even though veil shows to have much better technology.
Also team behind the veil project needs to show to the public that they are capable and competent before we can witness any shift from monero to veil network.
For your information, if the team behind veil project is the same as the team behind the pivx. A few months after veil has created and it looks so aggressive consider about a lot of miners are interested to mine it.

We will see what will happen in the next few years but i believe a big achievement like monero will have achieved by veil. The technology is about moving forward. The trend will always rotate.

I have learned that so many times from the crypto market.

dentolas_
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed May 08, 2019 9:30 am

I've always loved Monero, but since I've met Veil, I've started to wonder about Monero future...
Besides the Ring CT having flaws concerning anonymity, Monero blockchain is terribly heavy, facing scalibility problems, and there is the issue of the lack of corporate structure on monero, that will turn institutional adoption nearly impossible. Besides all this, there is also the matter of auditability, that will be fundamental for global acceptance and compliancy...
Let's face it, Monero was the giant of it's age, but in the end Veil belongs to a 2nd generation of privacy coins and represents evolution.... ;D
(although I do agree that it will take time as Monero has 4 years advance)

tbossmitche
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed May 08, 2019 11:47 am

I've always loved Monero, but since I've met Veil, I've started to wonder about Monero future...
Besides the Ring CT having flaws concerning anonymity, Monero blockchain is terribly heavy, facing scalibility problems, and there is the issue of the lack of corporate structure on monero, that will turn institutional adoption nearly impossible. Besides all this, there is also the matter of auditability, that will be fundamental for global acceptance and compliancy...
Let's face it, Monero was the giant of it's age, but in the end Veil belongs to a 2nd generation of privacy coins and represents evolution.... ;D
(although I do agree that it will take time as Monero has 4 years advance)
You really do have nothing to fear for when it comes to Monero because of it's established position at the top of the pile (in my opinion). The shortcomings you see are pretty normal since the project has been around for a while but I will like to believe that the team are doing their possible best to bring the project up to speed with the current technology.

I have to admit that Veil, by virtue of being relatively new to has incorporated some innovative features which make it a very interesting proposition. However, we'll just have to be patient and see how much of a success the project could be.

tbossmitche
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri May 10, 2019 12:57 am

With its Bulletproof feature, privacy-wise, I could have to admit that Veil is in arguably the same level as Monero and ZCash. The only difference is that Veil has little to no exposure.
Your last sentence really does say it all. Veil is a relatively new project in the sphere. Our best bet is to be patient and see how far the project can grow without piling unnecessary pressure. I don't know about you, but I'm syncing my wallet at the moment in order to stake some Veil... 8-)

Jentemi

Sun May 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Something you should remember that Hercules was once a child, yea you might say monero is one of the oldest coin when it comes to privacy in blockchain but has the problems facing privacy violation been solved? Are we still having issues in blockchain privacy and security? Blockchain technology is all about innovations, ideas of technical capability, new ways of solving issues. If the older can't fix it why not try the new one. Let's see what veil got to offer before shunning it.

Steven_nevetS
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun May 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Veil has a useless wallet, its so slow. Syncing is also so slow!!?!?
And its just started?!!?
The different type of coins are confusing and people wont want to stuff around with issues like: You cannot send these coins to the exchange cause it must be stealth address and so on. 1st Change these coins into that type of coin.... oh my tedious....
I must be honest, I liked it in the beginning but now find it absolutely tedious and stopped mining it.
Zerocoin, basecoins, RingCT..... I mean really. That wont catch on.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I dont think so.

Giletto
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 13, 2019 11:33 pm

With its Bulletproof feature, privacy-wise, I could have to admit that Veil is in arguably the same level as Monero and ZCash. The only difference is that Veil has little to no exposure.
Your last sentence really does say it all. Veil is a relatively new project in the sphere. Our best bet is to be patient and see how far the project can grow without piling unnecessary pressure. I don't know about you, but I'm syncing my wallet at the moment in order to stake some Veil... 8-)
In a market fueled by media and with the qualities that Veil possess, Veil indeed deserves some exposure and I am sure the team is already doing justice to that. Veil is barley six months old but with time, it will become more popular

Giletto
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 13, 2019 11:41 pm

And its just started?!!?
The different type of coins are confusing and people wont want to stuff around with issues like: You cannot send these coins to the exchange cause it must be stealth address and so on. 1st Change these coins into that type of coin.... oh my tedious....
I must be honest, I liked it in the beginning but now find it absolutely tedious and stopped mining it.

I understand that it may be quite technical to a layman but if you follow the processes diligently, you will see its not as difficult as you make it. Besides, Veil has an empathic and responsive team you can easily chat with in cases like this especially through Telegram
https://t.me/VEILProject

tbossmitche
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu May 16, 2019 9:02 pm

And its just started?!!?

Whew!!!. You actually do have a point there. Getting the grips on the wallet was really frustrating, I cannot deny. However, everything changed when I realized I could download a snapshot which brings me up to a very recently block. The syncing was actually fast from that point.

Could definitely be stressful at times, no doubt. We can only hope the team tries to make the wallet more user friendly.

Chomsy
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 156xSe7WFXxTsvTAvcpTrwuFEfgQ8AExvX

Mon May 20, 2019 9:24 am

Monero is the father of all privacy coins, we all know that. But let's also not forget that fathers become weak sometime in their life and have no choice than to pass down to their children.

Veil has come up with more and better features than Monero. And you know one thing I so much admire, it recognizes that Monero has been there. What a humble child.. Lol

Dannev
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 20, 2019 6:01 pm

Monero and Veil are very much similar. The only big difference is that veil has come to improve on areas where Monero lags. This is a sure thing cos Veil has stronger and better implementations when it comes to privacy.

RobertDeCrypto

Wed May 22, 2019 12:11 am

monero has shown its technology the anonymously but veil is better for me. I get the reward for staking while it will moon. will you believe that veil is the next monero?

Aremu
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed May 22, 2019 6:54 pm

Monero has proved it's privacy feature and is being trusted for their role, on the other hand veil is just starting it's journey in this field but that were already been able to hooked up many people in short time

Blurryface07

Thu May 23, 2019 9:04 am

Monero and Veil have almost no differences, which distinguishes it only in terms of the implementation of the transaction. Veil ensures safeguarding its users to transact safely and privately.

Cicihorlhorla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu May 23, 2019 9:31 pm

Both are good , but how about considering to include Veil on your wallet? Veil is aiming to solve a few issues on Monero and is racing to get it’s place….

Fareedah27
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri May 24, 2019 6:41 pm

Unlike Monero which is a fork of Bytecoin, Veil is not a fork of any existing cryptocurrency. Monero was fairly launched without any ICO or premine. As regards research and development, Monero has a Monero Research Lab for carrying our research and development.

shinratensei
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun May 26, 2019 5:36 pm

Both are good , but how about considering to include Veil on your wallet? Veil is aiming to solve a few issues on Monero and is racing to get it’s place….
Hey dude, this thread was talking about the comparison from veil and monero and there is no need to say like that. Veil is good and monero is good but there was a lot of advantages than owned by veil rather than monero and the opposite thing too.
You just say what you know about the advantages owned by veil over monero.
Veil is a good coin in my opinion.

Return to “Altcoins / Alternative Cryptocurrencies”