TomZ
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Flexible Transactions; first code published.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:34 pm

I've blogged before about Flexible Transactions as a simpler codebase that could solve the problems that BlockStream has been trying to make SegWit solve. With new issues being found in SegWit even though its now already 5 months over date and more than a year in development, I think its time to take Plan B more seriously.

So this week I started work on Flexible Transactions and I managed to implement the loading and saving of such transactions in Bitcoin Classic. See; https://github.com/bitcoinclassic/bitco ... c/pull/186

There are various other steps to make in order to come out with a shippable solution, but this is a large first step that should help tremendously in continuing work. And naturally to show that work is actually happening on the Flexible Transactions hard fork.

Tl;Dr. A simple more clean and future-ready solution for many future Bitcoin problems, including the malleability issue, is being written as an alternative to SegWit. Because its good to have choice.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Re: Flexible Transactions; first code published.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:30 am

I've blogged before about Flexible Transactions as a simpler codebase that could solve the problems that BlockStream has been trying to make SegWit solve. With new issues being found in SegWit even though its now already 5 months over date and more than a year in development, I think its time to take Plan B more seriously.

So this week I started work on Flexible Transactions and I managed to implement the loading and saving of such transactions in Bitcoin Classic. See; https://github.com/bitcoinclassic/bitco ... c/pull/186

There are various other steps to make in order to come out with a shippable solution, but this is a large first step that should help tremendously in continuing work. And naturally to show that work is actually happening on the Flexible Transactions hard fork.

Tl;Dr. A simple more clean and future-ready solution for many future Bitcoin problems, including the malleability issue, is being written as an alternative to SegWit. Because its good to have choice.
Bravo!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up all the excellent work Tom, your resume is coming along nicely ;)

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

Return to “Development & Technical Discussion”