taras
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Verified Account

Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:36 pm

I think it will be nice, if you will do some verification/validation system.
In next Bitcoin conferences, meetings I think you can ask you trusted friends to do manual verification of accounts. Something like asking passport from user and compare this with account data. All will be sure that account rogerver = Roger Ver with his photo. As Bitcoin anonimity is good, but sometimes its good to know who is who in Bitcoin world.

taras
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Verified Account

Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:37 pm

Not sure if its good idea to run this authenification system on phpbb, I think for this its needs to be something more strong like PGP .

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:46 am

I think it will be nice, if you will do some verification/validation system.
In next Bitcoin conferences, meetings I think you can ask you trusted friends to do manual verification of accounts. Something like asking passport from user and compare this with account data. All will be sure that account rogerver = Roger Ver with his photo. As Bitcoin anonimity is good, but sometimes its good to know who is who in Bitcoin world.
Why exactly do you think we need to verify accounts here with peoples passports?
If anyone is using their same ID/username here as on other forums then we ask that you sign a BTC address here: the-suggestion-box/signed-message-verif ... =signature

This is not an exchange so we don't need to abide by KYC laws unless you can convince me otherwise.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

taras
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:19 am

Why exactly do you think we need to verify accounts here with peoples passports?
If anyone is using their same ID/username here as on other forums then we ask that you sign a BTC address here: the-suggestion-box/signed-message-verif ... =signature

This is not an exchange so we don't need to abide by KYC laws unless you can convince me otherwise.
This can be optional separate service, who want to pass additional verification. Then you can rent this data to different exchanges.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:42 am

This can be optional separate service, who want to pass additional verification. Then you can rent this data to different exchanges.
Do you think a BTC exchange will meet their KYC laws if the customer verification they use has been "rented" from another site?
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

taras
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:54 pm

Do you think a BTC exchange will meet their KYC laws if the customer verification they use has been "rented" from another site?
I am not lawyer, but exists firms where you can outsource customer verification.

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:56 pm

I am not lawyer, but exists firms where you can outsource customer verification.
That's probably an entirely different business model than what this forum had in mind. That would be a whole new business that requires specific needs that have to be met in order to provide third party KYC services to clients, which would include meeting certian regulations state by state, country by country.

ente

Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:00 am

This would only make sense if I enter my personal data in here. And might even need to publish it here for everyone to see. Else it's just a badge next to my forum alias.

Sure, I'm all up for signing, cross-signing, talking to people on conferences, maybe even showing my ID to someone. But I am not up to voluntarily publish my personal data to any website. Not on an exchange, and not here.

I would much more like to enter a PGP key here for everyone to see!

Ente

CryptAxe
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:08 am

PGP is certainly the solution for this
CryptAxe.com | bitcoinhivemind.com

Return to “The Suggestion Box”