BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Other embed options on forum besides Twitter

Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:53 am

It's cool we can just put in the Twitter URL and it will turn the URL into the Twitter embed. I assume the board is picking up the Twitter URL somehow and plugging it into the Twitter embed code? Anyhow, it would be cool if we could do the same thing with some other networks that also support embedding content. Here are some suggestions.

* Facebook
* reddit
* Google+
* Tumblr

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Re: Other embed options on forum besides Twitter

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:06 am

Here's a few:

~Tumbler
~Pinterest
~Instagram
~LinkedIN
~StumbledUpon
~Email...

(The Forum already provides Facebook)

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:07 am

Here's a few:

~Tumbler
~Pinterest
~Instagram
~LinkedIN
~StumbledUpon
~Email...

(The Forum already provides Facebook)
I knew I missed some major ones (Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn)! Thanks for providing that. What do you mean though about Email?

Edit: didn't know FB worked. Testing an FB URL....update: doesn't seem to turn it into an embed.

https://www.facebook.com/wired/posts/10153341441418721

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:13 am

Re; email, if I want to email this thread to someone I should be able to click on an email embed icon to have the thread inserted into an email that I can send to friend or family member. (Is that possible, i see it on news websites a lot, i.e., cnn.com)

Re; the Facebook embed, it does work for me in that your thread and a link will embed itself in a Facebook post on my page, however there's no image associated with this thread so the actual graphic doesn't look too sexy in the post....it's just the title of this thread.

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:21 am

Re; email, if I want to email this thread to someone I should be able to click on an email embed icon to have the thread inserted into an email that I can send to friend or family member. (Is that possible, i see it on news websites a lot, i.e., cnn.com)

Re; the Facebook embed, it does work for me in that your thread and a link will embed itself in a Facebook post on my page, however there's no image associated with this thread so the actual graphic doesn't look too sexy in the post....it's just the title of this thread.
re: Email, I see what you mean. It's not an "embed" option you are looking for. You want a sharing option to email that is next to the FB, Twitter, Digg social media icons. Until that is added, I do this manually actually with a simple javascript that I have saved to my bookmarks toolbar. This only works for Gmail:

Code: Select all

javascript:(function(){m='http://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=&su='+encodeURIComponent(document.title)+'&body='+encodeURIComponent(document.location);w=window.open(m,'addwindow','status=no,toolbar=no,width=575,height=545,resizable=yes');setTimeout(function(){w.focus();}, 250);})();
re: Facebook, all I see is the URL. Can you take a screen shot and show me what you mean?

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:32 am

Any tips on how to do that from a Mac?

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:40 am

Any tips on how to do that from a Mac?
I don't use a Mac, but does your browser have a bookmarks bar that allows javascript?

Return to “The Suggestion Box”