Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Can we add Reputation to Member directory screen?

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:29 pm

Roger et al,

Can we add Reputation as a data point listed for each member in the Member directory? Here: memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist

I believe it would be useful to know which members have earned the greatest reputation, particularly if we have specific questions or are seeking escrow or some other involvement that would benefit from the input of someone viewed as "respected more than most".

Thanks.

Varunsaxena2583

Re: Can we add Reputation to Member directory screen?

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:11 pm

Yes we can add member
Direrect
If u want
It :twisted:

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:48 am

Roger et al,

Can we add Reputation as a data point listed for each member in the Member directory? Here: memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist

I believe it would be useful to know which members have earned the greatest reputation, particularly if we have specific questions or are seeking escrow or some other involvement that would benefit from the input of someone viewed as "respected more than most".

Thanks.
As most members are new with no reputation, respected less than most is also a good metric as it will highlight scammers.

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Re: Can we add Reputation to Member directory screen?  Topic is solved

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:17 am

Roger et al,

Thanks.
Hi Possum577,

This is a great suggestion, however the reputation system here focuses solely on how user's posts have been received by others rather than doubling as a system to derive trustworthiness. An excellent example of someone with high reputation points but who should absolutely not be trusted is former moderator LiteCoinGuy - you can read more here about why you shouldn't trust him on any site.

The reputation points system should not be utilised as a tool to ascertain trust - in its current guise the system simply allows users to see at a glance that a user's posts have been rated positive or negative (i.e. they are deemed helpful by others or unhelpful), and users with a higher post count will usually have a higher reputation count by virtue of the simple fact that they post more and have a greater opportunity to have helpful posts rated positively.

Fremont

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm

...and users with a higher post count will usually have a higher reputation count by virtue of the simple fact that they post more and have a greater opportunity to have helpful posts rated positively.

Fremont
Thanks for the thorough response Fremont. The bit of your response that I quoted above really makes it clear to me. That greater post activity may lead to greater reputation points but that doesn't actually speak for a member's reputation beyond being a thoughtful contributor in the eyes of other members. Thank you.

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:05 pm

Thanks for the thorough response Fremont. The bit of your response that I quoted above really makes it clear to me. That greater post activity may lead to greater reputation points but that doesn't actually speak for a member's reputation beyond being a thoughtful contributor in the eyes of other members. Thank you.
You're very welcome. :)

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:57 pm

Yes, this would be cool.
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

Return to “The Suggestion Box”