taras
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Bitcoin Address verification.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:25 pm

I think it will be nice if we will have some kind of verification of Bitcoin address for user.
I can do it in this way:
in profile I can add link in right of Bitcoin Address [verification], this link will point to page with 2 regions:

[vefication message] - some text with random hash
[form] - form for enter signature of this hash, after sign it with private key of you Bitcoin Address.
----
Same mechanism I think can be used to create PGP keys. But for PGP I will send only encripted email for hash verification.

ETA : 2 weeks, if it is interesting to someone .

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: Bitcoin Address verification.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:17 am

I think it will be nice if we will have some kind of verification of Bitcoin address for user.
I can do it in this way:
in profile I can add link in right of Bitcoin Address [verification], this link will point to page with 2 regions:

[vefication message] - some text with random hash
[form] - form for enter signature of this hash, after sign it with private key of you Bitcoin Address.
----
Same mechanism I think can be used to create PGP keys. But for PGP I will send only encripted email for hash verification.

ETA : 2 weeks, if it is interesting to someone .
Thanks taras these great ideas, i will put a link to this post in the moderatore board.

Could you please post a copy of your idea so we can understand exactly what you plan to do?
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Return to “The Suggestion Box”