cryptorebel

Any chance for integrating BTC tipping feature in future?

Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:31 pm

I think it would be nice to be able to tip bitcoin here. It could possibly be through changetip, but some other means might even be cooler. Like we deposit a small amount of bitcoin to the site and then we can one-click tip to people. This would be one more cool feature to help us stand apart from the other censored forums by Theymos. You guys probably already thought of it, but just throwing it out there. Possibly even a cut could be taken from the tipping service and given to the site in order to help fund development/hosting costs, etc... Its also a great way to onboard new users by giving them some tips.

knight22
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Any chance for integrating BTC tipping feature in future?

Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:52 am

That would be great. The fact that bct still doesn't allow that is pretty pathetic IMO.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:04 am

We've been considering this.
The biggest problemr is that it could mean we were violating some sort of money transmitter laws if we control the the bitcoins that users are using for this. I would hate for some politician's thugs to arrest me for providing a valuable service that people want to use, just because I didn't ask for their permission first.

For now, there is a field for you to add your bitcoin address right to your profile.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

cryptorebel

Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:38 am

We've been considering this.
The biggest problemr is that it could mean we were violating some sort of money transmitter laws if we control the the bitcoins that users are using for this. I would hate for some politician's thugs to arrest me for providing a valuable service that people want to use, just because I didn't ask for their permission first.

For now, there is a field for you to add your bitcoin address right to your profile.
Yeah you are right, since everything is illegal it makes everything difficult. I wonder if it could be outsourced somehow to a company like changetip. Work with the developers on both sides to produce a much better tipping experience with buttons and the like. But have the back end be powered by changetip and they would hold the coins and they have the money transmitter licenses. But for the user they may not really see that its changetip at all. They would have a much better tipping experience than using changetip on reddit or other places. Just some food for thought, who knows if both parties could agree to something or not.

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1KA7KBJaRVLqZNJj4QJAJzs1yVEN5zG91

Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:01 am

Roger, if you could add a qr code for the btc address, I could tip someone easily with the bitcoin app on my mobile!
Follow me on twitter for the latest news on bitcoin and altcoins and I'll follow you back the same day!
Don't miss the free Byteball airdrop! byteball.org

LiteCoinGuy
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Dbo5TtxG9cWoyw49GM8vbD7HgQhr1KVi6

Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:32 am

Roger, if you could add a qr code for the btc address, I could tip someone easily with the bitcoin app on my mobile!
good idea! when someone clicks on the bitcoinaddress, a qr code should be generated automatically.

hint: at the moment you can copy that address and add it so a qrcode generator (there are several on the internet)
More informations about Bitcoin and scaling BTC on

bitcoin.org/en/

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2015/12/23/c ... reases-faq

&
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

nakedbitcoins
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:15 pm

Yes, please consider this. Be great to have!
Come support girls in /r/NakedBitcoins!

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:21 pm

In the interim, if anyone really wants to be tipped with bitcoins on here, you can easily add a bitcoin address with a link to the address in a block explorer in your signature, since signatures support hyperlinks. For example, you can put an address like this:

https://blockchain.info/address/1A1zP1e ... Lmv7DivfNa

(this is one of Satoshi's addresses, not mine!)

And hyperlink it in your siggy for now like this:

Tip Jar: 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa

This will launch the address page with the address, qr code, and everything anyone would need to send you a bitcoin tip.

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:33 pm

Or you can use this nice service at btcaddr.es: http://btcaddr.es!

Tip me hard: http://btcaddr.es/cryptkeeper
:D
Follow me on twitter for the latest news on bitcoin and altcoins and I'll follow you back the same day!

evilroot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 12AqvhvDWU4XJqqt9hW5ShwgJngXpqHHdD

Stuff implemented.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi guys,

QR codes are now shown on every post (if the user has entered an address in their profile), and it's linked to blockchain so you can get more information about it.

If you view a member profile (by clicking their name), you will find that the same QR code is available there aswell, and ofcourse linked to blockchain.

Let me know what you think.
-- evilroot.

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:23 am

Awesome! Thanks mate, highly appreciated.

Return to “The Suggestion Box”