Kami
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

This is a botnet YES or NOT.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:45 am

Every I log in to my account on this forum i see some unknown account that posting unknown link.
Such like this.

And im think this is the one reason of DDOS attack that happen recently.
Any opinion how we can stop this?

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: This is a botnet YES or NOT.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:43 am

Every I log in to my account on this forum i see some unknown account that posting unknown link.
Such like this.

And im think this is the one reason of DDOS attack that happen recently.
Any opinion how we can stop this?
No this is just the usual Chinese spam we get hit with on a daily basis and from what we can tell it's not bots posting.
I delete multiple accounts most days with up to 100 posts between them sometimes, depending how long it is that i have been offline.

If you ever see this then please just report a least 1 post or better still 1 post per user so i can get onto it asap.

Nobody has a full-time forum job here as we are not that busy yet, these spammers seem to know when i am offline amd hit hard during those times.
Not all mods can delete threads, most can only move posts to the trashcan section but thats practically useless with these guys, i will look at opening up this privilege to another mod to help in the times i am not online.

One thing we could also do is lengthen the post time locks for new users, this is currently set at 90sec last time i checked because I was reluctant to go to 120sec but may have to.

When a user reports a spam post it helps me get onto it all quicker, if you see spam report it
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Kami
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: This is a botnet YES or NOT.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Thanks for that info.
I will report if I saw again like that post.

Return to “The Forum”