rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

This forum Roger?

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:18 pm

Roger, will you have more time on this forum now you are banned from reddit?
(are you banned, suspended or what? Please explain)

In your absence of late, your sig campaiogn has failed - unbelievable, hardly anyone has responded to the 4 bitcoin comp - unbelievable.

Sig campaigns need a new approach, and the 4 bitcoin comp needs pushing?
There are only a few weeks left on both.

(no skin off my nose, the 4 bitcoin must be in the bag for me? Decoded 2nd and Tom 3rd?) :)

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: This forum Roger?

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:23 pm

In your absence of late, your sig campaiogn has failed - unbelievable, hardly anyone has responded to the 4 bitcoin comp - unbelievable.

(no skin off my nose, the 4 bitcoin must be in the bag for me? Decoded 2nd and Tom 3rd?) :)
Roger is banned from reddit, that's news to me but i don't hang around there much.

The signature campaign we ran did bring in a few more active members but nothing outstanding, the 4btc prize draw has been advertised on many different forums and around the net but as you are i am also surprised that we have received such little interest.

I don't see us continuing the signature campaign once all the funds in escrow have been dispersed, unless you have some ideas you wish to put forward.
The 4btc prize draw doesn't not have a final draw date yet so we still have time to bring in the crowds.

How would you do things differently on this forum and with the prize draw? I am happy to discuss any ideas with you.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:43 pm

Roger is banned from reddit, that's news to me but i don't hang around there much.

The signature campaign we ran did bring in a few more active members but nothing outstanding, the 4btc prize draw has been advertised on many different forums and around the net but as you are i am also surprised that we have received such little interest.

I don't see us continuing the signature campaign once all the funds in escrow have been dispersed, unless you have some ideas you wish to put forward.
The 4btc prize draw doesn't not have a final draw date yet so we still have time to bring in the crowds.

How would you do things differently on this forum and with the prize draw? I am happy to discuss any ideas with you.
I don't hang around reddit very much either, but hey, i saw this news of Roger (and theymos)

I've got ideas. But no interest has yet been shown for a new way that pays genuine individuals.
A different approach than theymos on bitcointalk paying (his own?) farmed accounts (to pump scams) is needed here.
If that basic principle is agreed, then i'll discuss. (or wait till i win 4 btc, and share at least 50% on my demonstration campaign here)

You can't drag the 4 bitcoin comp out forever. ( just cos you guys don't want me to get it. :) )
Bitkilo, you haven't even bumped your thread (on bct) for many days
Last edited by rizzlarolla on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:51 pm

I've got ideas. But no interest has yet been shown for a new way that pays genuine individuals.
A different approach than theymos on bitcointalk paying (his own?) farmed accounts (to pump scams) is needed here.
If that basic principle is agreed, then i'll discuss.

You can't drag the 4 bitcoin comp out forever. ( just cos you guys don't want me to get it. :) )
Bitkilo, you haven't even bumped your thread (on bct) for many days
Of course we can't drag the competition out forever but we also want to try use it as a draw card to bring new members to our forum, have anyone ever said that they don't want you to receive one of the prizes? I even have one of your threads on my list (farmed accounts)

You have new ideas great, share them. I am genuinely interested in what your ideas may be so let's set up a time to talk.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:02 am

I added a line to my post above - " (or wait till i win 4 btc, and share at least 50% on my demonstration campaign here)"
As i stated in previous posts.
So now i am not sure to talk or show!

Do you agree with my basic principle?
I believe you are interested Bitkilo, but i can't talk now anyway. I catch you soon.

v ok v
Last edited by rizzlarolla on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:15 am

I added a line to my post above - " (or wait till i win 4 btc, and share at least 50% on my demonstration campaign here)"
As i stated in previous posts.
So now i am not sure to talk or show!

Do you agree with my basic principle?
I believe you are interested Bitkilo, but i can't talk now anyway. I catch you soon.
Yes i do agree with most of what you say and would like to make some time in the near future to discuss this with you.
PM me with a time/date that would suit yourself and i will make time for you.

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:45 am

This forum Roger.

Please remove those really annoying "start mining etherium" ads from the top of BITCOIN discussion. (and anywhere except the altcoin section)
Feel free to replace them with "start mining BITCOIN unlimited with the Ver pool"

Make yourself useful. :D

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:54 pm

This forum Roger.

Please remove those really annoying "start mining etherium" ads from the top of BITCOIN discussion. (and anywhere except the altcoin section)
Feel free to replace them with "start mining BITCOIN unlimited with the Ver pool"

The more i think about this, the more annoying it is to me.
What a chance missed for bitcoin. What a chance missed for larger block supporters.

At a time when core are driving away adoption through small blocks, slow confirmation and high fees, the first thing readers see here "mine etherium"
So as core (and bitcointalk?) drive away existing bitcoin users, Roger (and bitcoin.com) helps drive potential users away to etherium.

Oh how nice it would be if those ads said "support bitcoin - support bigger blocks - Mine bitcoin unlimited here"

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:19 am

This forum Roger.

The more i think about this, the more annoying it is to me.
What a chance missed for bitcoin. What a chance missed for larger block supporters.

At a time when core are driving away adoption through small blocks, slow confirmation and high fees, the first thing readers see here "mine etherium"
So as core (and bitcointalk?) drive away existing bitcoin users, Roger (and bitcoin.com) helps drive potential users away to etherium.

Oh how nice it would be if those ads said "support bitcoin - support bigger blocks - Mine bitcoin unlimited here"
Bitcoin.com is an information portal for Bitcoin on the Internet, but it is also a business whose profits are reinvested in developing Bitcoin.com and spreading Bitcoin awareness. One of the revenue streams for many online businesses is banner advertising, and the revenue from such advertising is used to further develop Bitcoin.com and the Bitcoin.com brand.

The Bitcoin.com Forum is privately owned and operated, thus the advertisements shown are at the sole discretion if its owner and operator. Their revenue pays towards development and other expenses of Bitcoin.com. If the banners annoy you then you are, of course, free to install an extension such as Adblock or uBlock Origin, etc., which will hide them. If it is the text that appears on them which annoys you then you are free to submit a banner advertisement advertising your own site, views or values which will be uploaded subject to payment of the necessary advertising fee and approval by the relevant member of the Bitcoin.com team in charge of banner advertising.

Though you consider it a "chance missed for bitcoin" and a "chance missed for larger block supporters", I would tend to disagree; it is, in fact, providing a revenue stream with which to promote big blocks by helping pay for a suitable software development team, by helping pay towards development of our Bitcoin Unlimited mining pool, by helping pay for the design and upkeep of various Tools available on Bitcoin.com, etc. These are but three examples of activities being engaged in by Bitcoin.com to help secure the future of Bitcoin and big blocks. Thankfully - due to the ideals and principles held and put forth by this forum's owner and operator - we have the opportunity to disagree freely and openly on any subject due to this forum's protection of freedom of speech and open discussion.

The banner paid for by Genesis Mining may annoy you, and I'm sorry if that is indeed the case, but advertising revenue is a necessary income stream for any online company in the vein of Bitcoin.com.

Fremont

stan.distortion
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:03 pm

You have new ideas great, share them. I am genuinely interested in what your ideas may be so let's set up a time to talk.
I'd guess a lot of folks have been put off from participating in discussions from the multithreaded trollbox bitcointalk turned into (and reddit I assume, I was never active on it), there used to be an endless supply of interesting threads to follow but then it turned toxic and I'm seeing the same with relatively quiet altcoin discussion platforms, even a small amount of that toxicity significantly reduces their appeal. What can be done to prevent it 'aint so simple though, there are possibilities with ratings systems and I like the way the one here works but too much complexity creates its own problems :/
Bitcoin maximalism is a lot like saying Debian-stable is the only distro and anyone using Debian-testing is a traitor. Rock solid systems have their place and so do advanced features, https://www.dash.org/

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Have you guys seen StackOverflow's system? They have a Bitcoin section that I used to be relatively active in.

Boy do you get good, high quality responses there. Not only do they have that super-strict voting policy, but their community is small and extremely knowledgeable. I'd urge you all to just look at the content there. Bitcointalk and Bitcoin.com could take a few things.
theres a snake in my boot

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Mostly in reply to Fremont,

Just thought Bitcoin would be Bitcoin.com's business. I would not advertise a "competitors" to my business.
If i made ferrari's, i would not advertise porsche.

Do you "vet" advertisers (as you imply) and thereby give a degree of credibility to advertised product?
Does bitcoin.com "recommend" ETH? or will bitcoin.com advertise any old scam vapourware for a fee?
Will you advertise Waves or ARK or chronobank.io or STRATIS if they pay?
(see my farmed accounts coming here thread, that is what bitcointalk does. that forum is playing a major role in holding Bitcoin back, imo)

It is Rogers decision i know. I am just giving feedback.
I don't want to install a blocker that will leave me unaware of reality here thanks. Anyway, it is "new to bitcoiners" that i worry about more.
They may come to "bitcoin.com" owned by "bitcoin jesus" only to be ushered into the great eth swindle, resulting in another lost Bitcoin adopter.
How much are banners? I may be interested. (if i am allowed after vetting?)

These ads may be providing a small revenue stream, but at the expense of Bitcoin adoption. imo.
Other Bitcoin company advertisers may well replace "alt coin" advertisers if this forum was more Bitcoin orientated.
(i would go much further and get rid of the altcoin forum section. almost every thread is dead - there are very few paid shills here to respond. even rogers thread "how do we make this the #1 eth forum" is replyless after .... ages)

theymos's/Core way of things must be repelled.
Bitcoin, and specifically larger block orientation, need a champion. That champion needs to lead by example.
I don't much like the example shown here.

I'm not trying to diss Roger or this forum. I'm just trying to explain my viewpoint, on this discussion forum.
I'm nobody, I don't expect anyone to agree. i just love satoshi's Bitcoin.

--------
finished editing now, 10 min after posting!

stan.distortion
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:30 pm

Have you guys seen StackOverflow's system? They have a Bitcoin section that I used to be relatively active in.

Boy do you get good, high quality responses there. Not only do they have that super-strict voting policy, but their community is small and extremely knowledgeable. I'd urge you all to just look at the content there. Bitcointalk and Bitcoin.com could take a few things.
looks interesting :) Crypto discussions seem to take the ingenuity and determination of bad actors to a whole new level but it certainly looks like a good place to start, I'd imagine years worth of time gone into developing it. There are also all kinds of sociological aspects that are just plain wrong on forums, put thousands of people together and they tend to group up in certain ways but few discussion platforms seem to accommodate that so you get polar opposites sharing the same space and inevitable conflicts. There are probably ways of addressing it and they'll evolve over time, I'd imagine it's the kind of thing someone could throw millions at and still not be sure of a solution so it's probably best left to evolution.
Bitcoin maximalism is a lot like saying Debian-stable is the only distro and anyone using Debian-testing is a traitor. Rock solid systems have their place and so do advanced features, https://www.dash.org/

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:50 pm

Absolutely.. I've been utilizing StackOverflow for a while and before I was into Bitcoin

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:35 pm

Mostly in reply to Fremont,
It is Rogers decision i know. I am just giving feedback.
I don't want to install a blocker that will leave me unaware of reality here thanks. Anyway, it is "new to bitcoiners" that i worry about more.
They may come to "bitcoin.com" owned by "bitcoin jesus" only to be ushered into the great eth swindle, resulting in another lost Bitcoin adopter.
How much are banners? I may be interested. (if i am allowed after vetting?)

These ads may be providing a small revenue stream, but at the expense of Bitcoin adoption. imo.
Other Bitcoin company advertisers may well replace "alt coin" advertisers if this forum was more Bitcoin orientated.
(i would go much further and get rid of the altcoin forum section. almost every thread is dead - there are very few paid shills here to respond. even rogers thread "how do we make this the #1 eth forum" is replyless after .... ages)

theymos's/Core way of things must be repelled.
Bitcoin, and specifically larger block orientation, need a champion. That champion needs to lead by example.
I don't much like the example shown here.
!
...and those eth ads are gone!
Thanks, i'm liking.

Oh damn, it's back. :(

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:54 am

Hi guys, I do still try to lurk around the forums when time permits. I also put in a request to see if we can have the Mine Ethereum ads changed to Mine Bitcoin ads. In other news, it does seem that Reddit has revised their policy in regards to using Theymos' real name since the NYC times already has.
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi guys, I do still try to lurk around the forums when time permits. I also put in a request to see if we can have the Mine Ethereum ads changed to Mine Bitcoin ads. In other news, it does seem that Reddit has revised their policy in regards to using Theymos' real name since the NYC times already has.
Faaantastic. :D
Last edited by rizzlarolla on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:08 pm

Not surprising he doesn't want his real name mentioned, presuming that there is some truth in my unanswered posts on bitcointalk, and other things.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1597201.0

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:16 pm

Sorry that was misleading.
The sig campaign will last over 3 months at the present, and recent, rate of spend.
The 4 btc comp rules are still up in the air.

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:57 pm

I read and study before i comment, when necessary, most of the time.
But i'm still finding the simplest of things, like reputation.

I just noticed i have 25 reputation. I clicked on my profile and clicked view details.
Wow, ok, never seen this. Thanks to all who rep'ed me.
I got 5 rep from 1 person for 1 post!

Sorry i can't return the compliment guys. I'm a "nickel bitcoiner" whatever that means. (it means i'm an "unknown newbie" i guess)
I have only earned 2 rep points to give away to others here, if i read this right.

(there was a premine-equivelent on reputation here if i remember?)

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:15 am

I read and study before i comment, when necessary, most of the time.
But i'm still finding the simplest of things, like reputation.

I just noticed i have 25 reputation. I clicked on my profile and clicked view details.
I got 5 rep from 1 person for 1 post!

Sorry i can't return the compliment guys. I'm a "nickel bitcoiner" whatever that means. (it means i'm an "unknown newbie" i guess)
I have only earned 2 rep points to give away to others here, if i read this right.

(there was a premine-equivelent on reputation here if i remember?)
The whole reputation system here needs a rework and I have been pushing this for months now.

The current system is misleading and the points given have nothing to do with the "reputation" of a user, they are simply given in approval of what someone has posted.

It is pretty much just a thumbs up/thumbs down post voting system and we need to change the name of this from "reputation" to something that reflects what is really is, any suggestions?

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:35 am

The whole reputation system here needs a rework and I have been pushing this for months now.

It is pretty much just a thumbs up/thumbs down. any suggestions?
thumbs up/thumbs down?
(i have earned 2 "thumbs up" votes, 0 thumbs down votes in 14 months, yet others can give me 3 or 5 at a time. is that also part or your rework?)

"(there was a premine-equivelent on reputation here if i remember?)" Or was it the "rank" i was thinking of?

Thetamind
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 18VCRXN7VLrBujpCk5WA9U45CyeQDx3rPA

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:52 am

Guys if you want this forum to grow, you have to understand something. Offering a 4btc reward won't get people here, because there are so many other scams offering big rewards that people don't take it seriously. I stumbled across it while researching bitcoin on my own, and then I saw the lack of competition and wrote a post and nominated myself. I don't expect to win it or anything, althought it would certainly be nice since I'm broke. But that's not the point. Let me put this to you very plain and simply....

No one knows about bitcoin, never mind bitcoin forums.

Do yourself a favor, and ask 5 people you've never met, if they have heard about bitcoin.... They'll be like, what's that, or internet money? They are completely unaware of what it is or why they should know about it. Therefore, having a forum about it has crickets except for those who are already curious about investing. So you're only going to attract people already in the know for the most part.

What you all need to be doing, is talking to your friends and family, and explaining to them, why bitcoin is the smartest thing they can invest in ( hoping it doesn't make you an asshole if they invest and it crashes) Get new people in here. By making the contest about creating an informative post, you've once again slit your own throats by allowing only people in the know to enter the competition..... I can write an informative post about it and nominate myself, by does that motivate me to tell anyone else, so I can have competition? I don't want competition to win 4BTC, I want as little as possible. So anyone who sees that competition in the know, is going to write an informative thread, and shut up about it. Theres no motivation there to bring new members into the website. That would be backwards productive to winning it you see?

So this competition is a failure because it was poorly thought out, and one lucky SOB is going to win it with next to no competition as a result. I could have 15 people in here to vote for me if I wanted. But why would I tell them? They might write their own thread and steal it out from under me. I don't know whats a good way to have a competition in a forum, but the prize is far to large for one. 4 BTC might be 10 grand by the time payday comes around. I mean, damn. Who gets 10 grand for a forum thread? You guys should be scrapping this whole thing due to technicality issues and doing a rethink on how it can attract newbies as well as veterans, then everyone will tell everyone, perhaps the competition can be based on referrals to get people to sign up, or activity points, or something like that. I can write informative articles and post links in a thread and even make guides of how to get started or new articles, this isn't hard guys. A little bit of effort, and I can write a new article in these threads being extremely informative. 4BTC for that? Come on.... If you want people to join this forum, you have to spread awareness of why they should join it, a 4BTC reward is so massive that most people won't believe it's true. So they'll pass right on by. It's kind of like giving away free kittens... People are like, whats wrong with it..... Charge 20 bucks.... they sell out in a day. 4BTC for posting a thread? Whats wrong with it? You see?

It's a noble idea, don't get me wrong. Dangling a carrot is a tempting thing. But in todays world, people associate carrots with sticks. If you take the carrot, how big is the stick thats going to club you over the head? Maybe a better idea would be, for the users to fund the 4BTC prize. A small donation adds to the jackpot, and the top three winners at the end split it. Or, donate a small amount of satoshis per post in the forum, and give away the prize when it reaches a certain amount, or a random user of the forum. There are many ideas you guys can come up with and do a rethink of the whole competition that will attract people from everywhere. Who doesn't want to get paid for posting in a forum, or simply joining it? Lucky enough to win the draw. This levels the playing field for everyone involved. Because the way it is right now, you might as well give me 1BTC for telling you all this, because that's what giving away 4BTC is like for posting a good thread. I hope you can see what I'm saying, and why it's not working as you intended. Just trying to point it out so you're aware, even if it slits my own chances of winning 4 BTC that I could really use.

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:59 am

(i just got 1 more, thanks roger)

rizzlarolla
Total posts:97 (views on my threads 10,000?)
reputation 25

Thetamind
Total posts:3 (good posts, a few views)
reputation 10

pfft. I get the picture.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:28 am

I found your posts to be well written, and interesting.
We need more users like you here.

Keep up the great work!
topic7039.html

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:10 am

It is pretty much just a thumbs up/thumbs down. any suggestions?
thumbs up/thumbs down?
(i have earned 2 "thumbs up" votes, 0 thumbs down votes in 14 months, yet others can give me 3 or 5 at a time. is that also part or your rework?)

"(there was a premine-equivelent on reputation here if i remember?)" Or was it the "rank" i was thinking of?
You can find some more info on how the rep points system works in this post: forum-support/post-reputation-how-do-yo ... html#p3789

The closest thing i could find to what you call a premine on rep points was that the system was apparently not working for normal users properly when the forum was first set up. I wouldn't call this a premine on rep points though, just a small mistake by the admins.

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:09 am

Guys if you want this forum to grow, you have to understand something. Offering a 4btc reward won't get people here, because there are so many other scams offering big rewards that people don't take it seriously. I stumbled across it while researching bitcoin on my own, and then I saw the lack of competition and wrote a post and nominated myself. I don't expect to win it or anything, althought it would certainly be nice since I'm broke. But that's not the point. Let me put this to you very plain and simply....

No one knows about bitcoin, never mind bitcoin forums.

Do yourself a favor, and ask 5 people you've never met, if they have heard about bitcoin.... They'll be like, what's that, or internet money? They are completely unaware of what it is or why they should know about it. Therefore, having a forum about it has crickets except for those who are already curious about investing. So you're only going to attract people already in the know for the most part.

What you all need to be doing, is talking to your friends and family, and explaining to them, why bitcoin is the smartest thing they can invest in ( hoping it doesn't make you an asshole if they invest and it crashes) Get new people in here. By making the contest about creating an informative post, you've once again slit your own throats by allowing only people in the know to enter the competition..... I can write an informative post about it and nominate myself, by does that motivate me to tell anyone else, so I can have competition? I don't want competition to win 4BTC, I want as little as possible. So anyone who sees that competition in the know, is going to write an informative thread, and shut up about it. Theres no motivation there to bring new members into the website. That would be backwards productive to winning it you see?

So this competition is a failure because it was poorly thought out, and one lucky SOB is going to win it with next to no competition as a result. I could have 15 people in here to vote for me if I wanted. But why would I tell them? They might write their own thread and steal it out from under me. I don't know whats a good way to have a competition in a forum, but the prize is far to large for one. 4 BTC might be 10 grand by the time payday comes around. I mean, damn. Who gets 10 grand for a forum thread? You guys should be scrapping this whole thing due to technicality issues and doing a rethink on how it can attract newbies as well as veterans, then everyone will tell everyone, perhaps the competition can be based on referrals to get people to sign up, or activity points, or something like that. I can write informative articles and post links in a thread and even make guides of how to get started or new articles, this isn't hard guys. A little bit of effort, and I can write a new article in these threads being extremely informative. 4BTC for that? Come on.... If you want people to join this forum, you have to spread awareness of why they should join it, a 4BTC reward is so massive that most people won't believe it's true. So they'll pass right on by. It's kind of like giving away free kittens... People are like, whats wrong with it..... Charge 20 bucks.... they sell out in a day. 4BTC for posting a thread? Whats wrong with it? You see?

It's a noble idea, don't get me wrong. Dangling a carrot is a tempting thing. But in todays world, people associate carrots with sticks. If you take the carrot, how big is the stick thats going to club you over the head? Maybe a better idea would be, for the users to fund the 4BTC prize. A small donation adds to the jackpot, and the top three winners at the end split it. Or, donate a small amount of satoshis per post in the forum, and give away the prize when it reaches a certain amount, or a random user of the forum. There are many ideas you guys can come up with and do a rethink of the whole competition that will attract people from everywhere. Who doesn't want to get paid for posting in a forum, or simply joining it? Lucky enough to win the draw. This levels the playing field for everyone involved. Because the way it is right now, you might as well give me 1BTC for telling you all this, because that's what giving away 4BTC is like for posting a good thread. I hope you can see what I'm saying, and why it's not working as you intended. Just trying to point it out so you're aware, even if it slits my own chances of winning 4 BTC that I could really use.
Total BS, awarded 10 rep points by Ver, then awarded lots of bitcoin by Ver.
Never seen again.

Fair enough, Ver's btc to give to any clowns he likes. Just don't BS me again please.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:57 am

I think you have a little homework to do mate, Thetamind didn't win anything close to 4btc

Neoclassical
Banned
Banned

Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:54 pm

He is banned from reddit? Really? Why?
We don't need no centralisation. ImageImageImage

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:09 am

He is banned from reddit? Really? Why?
I was banned from reddit for about a day because I said that Theymos' real name is likely Michael Marquart.
topic7039.html

Return to “The Forum”