iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Re: The forum.bitcoin.com 4btc giveaway has started!

Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:21 am

Great post nandibear, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have 4 votes left, if anyone would like to recommend posts for me to vote on - or if you have the time to write a new post, maybe your vision of Bitcoin for 2017 or overall, I would be happy to read it and possibly vote.

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

grandFX
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 19BkU3ZUHsHaiJ2vye4JHEZYZBhfvnrkTB

Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:59 pm

Is anyone here on Steemit.com?

Please head over there right now and help promote this Steemit submission -

Is anyone interested in winning 4 bitcoins - $4000 dollars! The Bitcoin Giveaway in underway! by nandibear

Thanks! :) BTC ;)
Good enough to promotion at steemit. There is many of people active in cryptocurrency.
Good luck

piebeyb
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1EsWXN3VcBb2rRenMBYd4V3WTfiZxaaiK3

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:57 am

Bitcoin Analysis
speculation/bitcoin-price-predictions-f ... 14818.html
speculation/november-2013-2015-bitcoin- ... t2118.html
speculation/what-next-highest-predictio ... t1176.html
Altcoins
alternative-cryptocurrencies-altcoins/i ... 10734.html
alternative-cryptocurrencies-altcoins/m ... 12731.html

Other languages
bahasa-indonesia/tanya-jawab-seputar-forum-t1422.html

I do not have a lot of interesting thread because I am just a merchant of course I just made a thread for information about altcoin and analysis of price altcoin or the price of bitcoin, another thing another drawback me is my English is very bad but I think enliven the competition is something good if approved :)
Image Tip me BCH : qzahl4e8mqy5se6sdnc6j24mv4vtdtlpv5jmnhsw3n

LiteCoinGuy
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Dbo5TtxG9cWoyw49GM8vbD7HgQhr1KVi6

Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:49 pm

I would like to nominate two of my threads:

"OVERVIEW: BITCOIN HARDWARE WALLETS" which u can find here

beginners-help/overview-bitcoin-hardwar ... -t200.html

and

"CHARTS, CHARTS, CHARTS!" which you can find here

post683.html#p683

The last one has 69.000 clicks.

LCG
More informations about Bitcoin and scaling BTC on

bitcoin.org/en/

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2015/12/23/c ... reases-faq

&
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:25 pm

^^^ They are great threads LiteCoinGuy. Unfortunately OP says,
"moderators and staff of bitcoin.com will not be eligible to win for obvious reasons."

piebeyb
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1EsWXN3VcBb2rRenMBYd4V3WTfiZxaaiK3

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:36 pm

I would like to nominate two of my threads:

"OVERVIEW: BITCOIN HARDWARE WALLETS" which u can find here

beginners-help/overview-bitcoin-hardwar ... -t200.html

and

"CHARTS, CHARTS, CHARTS!" which you can find here

post683.html#p683

The last one has 69.000 clicks.

LCG
Unfortunately moderators are not allowed to enter the competition, I think if you're not a moderator, I am sure you will win this competition because I see you are an active in this forum, although you can not participate I feel you deserve to be the winner, honest I see a lot of your posts that have good enough quality in this forum, I see you are the best moderator here
Image Tip me BCH : qzahl4e8mqy5se6sdnc6j24mv4vtdtlpv5jmnhsw3n

Intriguing
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 18GLWKEbGunnGGxi54TtgUht9syDD61zJi

Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:05 pm

Still lots of time left to enter this amazing contests I'm definitely interested in the 1st place prize but 2nd and 3rd are also good. Go for it :)
Checkout blender.io It is the latest bitcoin mixer available

LiteCoinGuy
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:46 pm

"Unfortunately moderators and staff of bitcoin.com will not be eligible to win for obvious reasons."

Hmm, one year ago that was not the case and now mods (which are the most active on this forum) are not allowed anymore? Shady tactics.

bitcoin.org/en/

&
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:01 pm

"Unfortunately moderators and staff of bitcoin.com will not be eligible to win for obvious reasons."

Hmm, one year ago that was not the case and now mods (which are the most active on this forum) are not allowed anymore? Shady tactics.
I wouldn't call it "shady tactics" so much as trying to ensure fairness in the eyes of our users. Moderators and staff have made many excellent posts and threads here - yours certainly being among them, LiteCoinGuy - but we feel that limiting eligibility to regular users would be the fairest way to run this giveaway.

If enough users feel differently and think moderator / staff posts & threads should also be eligible then we're certainly open to taking that into consideration. :)

Fremont

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:18 pm

You are a shady tactic.

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

LiteCoinGuy
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:14 pm

@iFixBTCmemoryIssues

but unlike you, i dont get paid for writing stuff :-P

bitcoin.org/en/

&
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:23 pm

@iFixBTCmemoryIssues

Well right now, you're trying entering your threads for a monetary prize... If they were to win, you would be making money off your posts, meaning that you are trying to get paid for your posts, and much more than any of us do.

But don't be embarrassed, some of us (including yours truly) are doing it too! :D

But we all know everyone else secretly wants to enter but deep down, they can't seem to find a thread that they made which is eligible. I guess that counts for something, eh?
theres a snake in my boot

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:54 pm

@iFixBTCmemoryIssues

I am paid for posts (thank you games.bitcoin.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!), although I've made thousands of posts prior to the signature campaign being active. I use the BTC paid from the signature campaign to play games @ https://games.bitcoin.com (it is really fun, everyone should try it if they can legally do so). I take the money won from playing games and donate it to charity.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:20 am

@iFixBTCmemoryIssues

I am paid for posts (thank you games.bitcoin.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!), although I've made thousands of posts prior to the signature campaign being active. I use the BTC paid from the signature campaign to play games @ https://games.bitcoin.com (it is really fun, everyone should try it if they can legally do so). I take the money won from playing games and donate it to charity.
Thats great, what charities have you donated winnings to in the past?

Next time you donate create a thread showing the donation and the site, it may just encourage others to do the same.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:53 pm

There are just so many good threads and posts to choose from i have upped the amount of links a members can nominate to 5 from the original 3 (Decoded sorry but you will have to trim your list down a couple)

My second nomination for the prize pool has to go to "The Bitcoin Song" topic4967.html
~snip~
Please post your threads on the appropriate boards and just link the post here, this thread is just for nominations not actual posts for the prize, if unsure please feel free to post any questions in this thread, thanks.
Haha, didn't see that rule. Was just blotting some down so I others could get an idea or some to choose from :)

I'll trim my list down to the following - Still not 5, tho.

- bitcoin-discussion/i-m-interested-in-bi ... 11828.html
- beginners-help/options-for-securing-you ... t7211.html
- post41231.html#p41231
- post39755.html?hilit=guide#p39755
- post42136.html
- post35039.html?hilit=guide#p35039
- alternative-clients/guide-bitcoin-walle ... 11689.html
Here's my list trimmed down.

- bitcoin-discussion/i-m-interested-in-bi ... 11828.html
- bitcoin-discussion/keep-your-bitcoin-sa ... 14079.html
- technical-support/troubleshooting-full- ... 15134.html
- alternative-clients/guide-bitcoin-walle ... 11689.html
- topic16069.html
theres a snake in my boot

TomZ
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:16 pm

Nomination of my own post; post44217.html "UTXO Growth"

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:10 am

I will edit all my picks down to a single post one day but for now i will just continue to post one at a time because i am looking hard for good threads and taking my time picking the ones that i think deserve to go into the draw.

My 3rd pick is for a thread relating to a topic i think this forum needs to discuss before it gets out of control and that is the farmed accounts thread from rizzlarolla: bitcoin-discussion/farmed-accounts-comi ... 11054.html
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

ajole

Donate BTC of your choice to 18JamjiRpg89BoHfdFGkEFoSwuqEaUppif

Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:09 am

I'd like to nominate my own first forum post: topic16532.html
"Bitcoin, blockchain and legal weed." Hopefully it meets the quality standards and other people post their thoughts. 4 BTC would definitely help me and my family out right now.

BIGbtc
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:00 am

Congrats. This is a fabulous effort and exactly the kind of promotion that will draw new people into bitcoin. 4 grand is a nice reward for contributing a slick piece. I can see this working very well to attract new fans.

I have a few questions. I could be missing something here so I apologize in advance if I am.

1. Is the purpose to grow membership and awareness of bitcoin.com and the bitcoin community?

2. Why are previous posts eligible? This gives an unfair advantage to well known and well liked members and discourages fresh relevent material. It also does nothing to attract new users. For example: Someone who has the talent to write -say a financial blogger who has knowledge about bitcoin and a strong opinion on financial regulation - and is currently not engaged on Reddit or aware of Bitcoin.com, may join the forum to write a stellar piece and get a ton of votes, make some cash and spread the word.

3. Why such a discrepancy between 1st and 2nd place? It would be great to see 1st prize of 3btc and a 2nd prize of 1btc... The current structure demands a home run gets hit or its not worth it.

4. When does it end?

The idea here is we take promoting this outside this forum and Reddit and bring in aspiring writers and bloggers who are hungry, talented and have fresh ideas. Get new people earning bitcoin, spending bitcoin, expanding the economy, increasing awareness.

The endgame is to bring traffic and members to the bitcoin.com franchise and get bitcoin into the hands of many people.

It would be great to make this a semi-annual or quarterly event. The word would spread far outside this forum.

This is not a criticism of Roger or the team or this forum. Im a big fan. :)
BIGbtc - Bitcoin Integration Group

Blog: https://BIGbtc.ca/blogBIG

https://BIGbtc.ca - Toronto, Canada

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:34 am

Congrats. This is a fabulous effort and exactly the kind of promotion that will draw new people into bitcoin. 4 grand is a nice reward for contributing a slick piece. I can see this working very well to attract new fans.

I have a few questions. I could be missing something here so I apologize in advance if I am.

1. Is the purpose to grow membership and awareness of bitcoin.com and the bitcoin community?

2. Why are previous posts eligible? This gives an unfair advantage to well known and well liked members and discourages fresh relevent material. It also does nothing to attract new users. For example: Someone who has the talent to write -say a financial blogger who has knowledge about bitcoin and a strong opinion on financial regulation - and is currently not engaged on Reddit or aware of Bitcoin.com, may join the forum to write a stellar piece and get a ton of votes, make some cash and spread the word.

3. Why such a discrepancy between 1st and 2nd place? It would be great to see 1st prize of 3btc and a 2nd prize of 1btc... The current structure demands a home run gets hit or its not worth it.

4. When does it end?
Hi BIGbtc,

In answer to your questions above .
1. Exactly, the prize was announced when the forum was just getting off the ground and thought it would be a good drawcard for some great threads.

2. All posts since the announcement of the competition are eligible for entry, Roger first announced it on 23/09/2015.

3. The big gap in the value of first and second prizes is due to the fact that originally there was only going to be one prize of 4btc on offer but since then we have had 2 companies generously donate a 2nd and 3rd prize for the competition.

4. I will be able to answer this more accurately in the next day or 2 but i am thinkng of closing the thread for new nominations on 01/03/2017, we will then run public voting until the nominations are down to the last 10.

chopstick
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:24 pm

I am working on a submission for this contest. It's simply a conglomeration of various topics that have already been on my mind for quite some time, anyway.

This will give me a good chance to express my feelings & ideas in a cohesive and constructive format.

So when is the deadline? March 1st, did I read that correctly?

Thanks
Save 10% on trading fees for 6 months on BitMEX by using my referral link: https://www.bitmex.com/register/5cK85y

Profit-Driven Research on how to earn Money using Bitcoin: https://bitcoincasestudies.com

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:38 pm

Info,

post471.html#p471
(Last edited by rogerver on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:38 am, edited 9 times in total.)

"The submission deadline will be whenever this forum reaches 10,000 human registered users, or, so long as the forum has at least 5,000 registered human users, Jan 1st, 2016, whichever comes sooner. "

"At that time, we will start a thread where people can nominate posts for the prize.
After two weeks for nomination submissions, the polling will begin, and be open for two weeks.
Forum members that registered before the deadline will be allowed to vote for which post was the most appreciated."

"At the conclusion of the two weeks:
4 BTC or $1,000 USD in bitcoin, whichever is more, plus a Trezor, and a Bit-X card, and a T-shirt, will be paid to the author of the most appreciated post."

*Total members 11030*
*Registered users (online): Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], rizzlarolla, Yahoo [Bot] *

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:31 pm

Info,

post471.html#p471
(Last edited by rogerver on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:38 am, edited 9 times in total.)

"The submission deadline will be whenever this forum reaches 10,000 human registered users, or, so long as the forum has at least 5,000 registered human users, Jan 1st, 2016, whichever comes sooner. "

"At that time, we will start a thread where people can nominate posts for the prize.
After two weeks for nomination submissions, the polling will begin, and be open for two weeks.
Forum members that registered before the deadline will be allowed to vote for which post was the most appreciated."

4 BTC or $1,000 USD in bitcoin, whichever is more, plus a Trezor, and a Bit-X card, and a T-shirt, will be paid to the author of the most appreciated post."

*Total members 11030*
*Registered users (online): Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], rizzlarolla, Yahoo [Bot] *
No rules have changes, just slight adjustment to the date due to the forum not having 10k users before 01/01/2016.

All the prizes remain the same and will be distributed as mentioned in Rogers announcement thread.

The final cut off date for new nominations will be the 1st of March 2017, polling will start after all posts are counted.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:28 am

Info,

post471.html#p471

*Total members 11030*
No rules have changes, just slight adjustment to the date due to the forum not having 10k users before 01/01/2016.

All the prizes remain the same and will be distributed as mentioned in Rogers announcement thread.

The final cut off date for new nominations will be the 1st of March 2017, polling will start after all posts are counted.
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to everyone :) :) :)

ije07
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:49 am

good !! i want join here . and i hope
I think it's a good thing to be discussed and its usefulness for newbie like me is a fraud! things like very hard pressed to pass. .. and therefore I made a posting about the fraud ...

bahasa-indonesia/diskusi-proyek-scam-t16842.html
bitcoin-discussion/deep-web-t16843.html

hanifhadzar

Donate BTC of your choice to 114wEzGpH245Esg5suErhdMo8JAVuv64dh

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:48 pm

awsome contest :)
i was know about this forum , but im so glad to see bitcoin.com easy to use.

richmondflores

Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:01 am

That is a huge prize btw. Gud luck to the lucky one who will be chosen.

ije07
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:23 am

the contest is a very interesting, very helpful
I hope that that should win this contest

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:09 am

good !! i want join here . and i hope
I think it's a good thing to be discussed and its usefulness for newbie like me is a fraud! things like very hard pressed to pass. .. and therefore I made a posting about the fraud ...

bahasa-indonesia/diskusi-proyek-scam-t16842.html
bitcoin-discussion/deep-web-t16843.html
I am sorry but we cannot allow these threads to be entered because they make no sense and no other member can follow what you are trying to say.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:33 pm

Now i know this may not be liked by all but I would like to propose that we make a change to how the final winners of this competition will be chosen. Please note that no changes will be made unless the majority of our members involved agree on this proposal.

At present the rules are set for the competition to close for new nominations on the 1st of March 2017, once closed we would run a public poll for our members to vote for their top 10 threads on the list.
The 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize winners from that list of 10 would then chosen by the bitcoin.com staff in a public vote.

The only change i am proposing to the above set up is that instead of relying the bitcoin.com staff to vote for the winners why don't we just let the blockchain decide the winners of the competition.
The main reason i propose making this change is that not many of the bitcoin.com staff are well know on this forum yet so any decision could possibly be left open to speculation, if we let a block hash decide the winner then nobody could argue that the competition was rigged.

How this would work is that we would now require our members to vote for the top 16 from all the nominated threads received by the cut off date, those 16 threads would then be randomly given a spot between 0 - 9 and a to f. Once the slots are assigned to the top 16 threads and posted on the forum we will use the last character from the next block mined by the bitcoin.com mining pool to select the winner, the same would then happen for the 2nd and 3rd prize winners.

Please remember that at this stage this is only a proposal i have to make the competition as fair as possible for all involved.
If any member here has questions or concerns on the above please post them here for discussion, thank you.

Regards: bitkilo.

Return to “The Forum”