GreenBits-old
Banned
Banned

Donate BTC of your choice to 12jenhYCr6faZCwv1QC6HKinL6mRVSrDVC

How we will fight and controlled forum spammers?

Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:08 am

Forum spammers is everywhere.The biggest problem of forum is spamming like happen in forum called Bitcointalk.org they are many spammers around their.Moderators are very helpful in spotting spammers in every forum like this.And they have a tools that we can use like captcha.However spammers is still their even we have solution to controlled them.They are some questions below and I want to heard your answer and your humble opinion on this.

Do you think tools is very helpful in combating spammers?
Do you think we can fight and controlled spammers?
And how you can contribute to fight spammers?

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Re: How we will fight and controlled forum spammers?

Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:14 am

First thing's first, there are two general types of spammers. There are the bots, which are more or less handled nicely on this forum and on bitcointalk, and the human spammers. These are usually illiterate users trying to make a buck, or even a living if they're in a poorer country.

Let's talk about the latter.

1 - Tools like Captchas make no effect on these spammers, except just waste a couple of seconds of their time, no big deal. What is more effective is IP posting restrictions and anti-proxy systems like bitcointalk's units of evil.

2 - The main reason bitcointalk has spammers is because of their abundance of signature campaigns. They pay around $30 USD a week, for an hour or so of spamming. Make multiple accounts, and a workday will earn you more than a hundred bucks. But most signature campaign managers nowadays are more proactive (emphasis on most), and are making movements against these people.

3 - How can I contribute? One of the biggest ways is to go to the spammer's campaign manager and report them. The manager will look through their posts, and if they see that there really is some spam problem here, they will ban these users. Managers like Yahoo, Luptin and Lauda, all regularly upkeep a list of spammers to publicly use.
theres a snake in my boot

grandFX
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 19BkU3ZUHsHaiJ2vye4JHEZYZBhfvnrkTB

Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:54 am

Forum spammers is everywhere.The biggest problem of forum is spamming like happen in forum called Bitcointalk.org they are many spammers around their.Moderators are very helpful in spotting spammers in every forum like this.And they have a tools that we can use like captcha.However spammers is still their even we have solution to controlled them.They are some questions below and I want to heard your answer and your humble opinion on this.

To can contribute to fight spammers, it is better to report
you can click on flag in their post, I think that a litter help this forum.

GreenBits-old
Banned
Banned

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:13 am

First thing's first, there are two general types of spammers. There are the bots, which are more or less handled nicely on this forum and on bitcointalk, and the human spammers. These are usually illiterate users trying to make a buck, or even a living if they're in a poorer country.

Let's talk about the latter.

1 - Tools like Captchas make no effect on these spammers, except just waste a couple of seconds of their time, no big deal. What is more effective is IP posting restrictions and anti-proxy systems like bitcointalk's units of evil.

2 - The main reason bitcointalk has spammers is because of their abundance of signature campaigns. They pay around $30 USD a week, for an hour or so of spamming. Make multiple accounts, and a workday will earn you more than a hundred bucks. But most signature campaign managers nowadays are more proactive (emphasis on most), and are making movements against these people.

3 - How can I contribute? One of the biggest ways is to go to the spammer's campaign manager and report them. The manager will look through their posts, and if they see that there really is some spam problem here, they will ban these users. Managers like Yahoo, Luptin and Lauda, all regularly upkeep a list of spammers to publicly use.
That's true tools is not helping in fighting spammers.And the bitcointalk.org forum is now have a smas list that help a little to fight those spammers.
I know that in this forum have a little members that active.Why just create smas list too.

GreenBits-old
Banned
Banned

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:16 am

To can contribute to fight spammers, it is better to report
you can click on flag in their post, I think that a litter help this forum.
That's true with that method we can help this forum from the spammers.

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:08 pm

It's gotten better in the past few weeks, but for a while there were a lot of posts to the tune of:

"Tell me how you make bitcoins"

Or

"Give me free Bitcoin please"

I was even getting spam PMs for a while. But like I said, there is a considerable decrease in that stuff lately.

mocacinno
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1MocACiWLM8bYn8pCrYjy6uHq4U3CkxLaa

Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:47 pm

I know a couple of forums that (used to) have a newbie jail.

I realise im a newbie in this forum to, but i wouldnt mind being restricted to posting in a newbie subforum untill an admin allowed me to post in the general forum.

I know there are pros and cons to this, but maybe its worth discussing?
Trezor: the original hardware wallet, for sale => here
Ledger Nano S: keep your bitcoins safe! check it out => here
Check out my personal bitcoin tools website, filled with usefull, anonymous bitcoin tools => here

GreenBits-old
Banned
Banned

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:33 am

I know a couple of forums that (used to) have a newbie jail.

I realise im a newbie in this forum to, but i wouldnt mind being restricted to posting in a newbie subforum untill an admin allowed me to post in the general forum.

I know there are pros and cons to this, but maybe its worth discussing?
Even your are a newbie you have a right to post you have a freedom to express.This forum is open even you are a newbie but dont post a spammy one.

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:45 am

I think theres simply no way we can fight spammers if ad campaigns are not around.

But I'm not saying ad campaigns are bad. Ad campaigns make the forums alot more active. Also, I don't mind people posting alot as long as their posts/replies makes sense and not just some "nice! :)" or "bitcoin ftw!" comments.

I think ad campaign managers should only be just a bit stricter in checking the forum replies of their ad campaign members, kicking the users who post irrelevant stuff out of the ad campaign.
https://cryptosec.info/

GreenBits-old
Banned
Banned

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:55 am

I think theres simply no way we can fight spammers if ad campaigns are not around.

But I'm not saying ad campaigns are bad. Ad campaigns make the forums alot more active. Also, I don't mind people posting alot as long as their posts/replies makes sense and not just some "nice! :)" or "bitcoin ftw!" comments.

I think ad campaign managers should only be just a bit stricter in checking the forum replies of their ad campaign members, kicking the users who post irrelevant stuff out of the ad campaign.
That's true ad campaigns can get more active members and can get some spammers too.And the campaign manager is the one responsible on checking if her/his participants is spamming and he have a right to give warnings and even banned that person has spamming.

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Forum spammers is everywhere.
I presume you are "GreenBits" from bitcointalk?
You said (on this forum) "Hi I am GreenBits (forum.bitcoin.com) today is January 28 , 2017 and I verified that GreenBits in bitcointalk.org is the same person"

Or rather you were for a short period, until the real "GreenBits" claimed back his account. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1785972.0
So now you say "Im GreenBits in (forum.bitcoin.com) im confirmed that GreenBits (bitcointalk.org) are not same person from now on.The real owner is claiming it now." post45709.html#p45709

The real "GreenBits" said your post's with his account on bitcointalk "display a lack of Good English and Good advice"
He did not want his reputation ruined by you, yet here you are still using his name here.

How many accounts do you have here? You clearly have/had more than 1 on bitcointalk.

You can barely string a sentence together.
Your posts are very low quality, they are spam,
Yet you set yourself out as a spam buster as cover?

What BS you speak.

GreenBits-old
Banned
Banned

Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:11 am

Forum spammers is everywhere.
I presume you are "GreenBits" from bitcointalk?
You said (on this forum) "Hi I am GreenBits (forum.bitcoin.com) today is January 28 , 2017 and I verified that GreenBits in bitcointalk.org is the same person"

Or rather you were for a short period, until the real "GreenBits" claimed back his account. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1785972.0
So now you say "Im GreenBits in (forum.bitcoin.com) im confirmed that GreenBits (bitcointalk.org) are not same person from now on.The real owner is claiming it now." post45709.html#p45709

The real "GreenBits" said your post's with his account on bitcointalk "display a lack of Good English and Good advice"
He did not want his reputation ruined by you, yet here you are still using his name here.

How many accounts do you have here? You clearly have/had more than 1 on bitcointalk.

You can barely string a sentence together.
Your posts are very low quality, they are spam,
Yet you set yourself out as a spam buster as cover?

What BS you speak.
For clarification I inform him that I use his name here.And I used a signed message here to confirm that.
If you think my post is very low quality what about yours?
And i didn't set myself as a spam buster
I didn't know why you are acting like a moderator.

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:28 am

Your an idiot.

GreenBits-old
Banned
Banned

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:01 am

Your an idiot.
If you think im a idiot what about you? Based on your act you are the idiot not me 8-)

Edit : Please make your own thread that we can discuss your matter not here you are off topic and stop spamming here rizzlarolla:x
Last edited by GreenBits-old on Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:09 am

Gentlemen, you are absolutely free to say what you wish to one another without censorship here but please note that any posts which begin pulling a thread off-topic will be split from the thread and moved to their own thread instead. This will result in a thread consisting of insults between two users.

With this in mind perhaps insult slinging would be best moved to PM, particularly as a thread which consists solely of two users simply insulting each other will make both users look rather foolish indeed.

Cheers,

Fremont

bientang
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1BCjZimbArX2grBd6egaHRYS7s7GM9dQRY

Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:10 am

I think we can use local forum for detect spammer. New user must regist in local forum and they will upload their identity cards and then local moderator will know they are spammer or not

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:27 am

I think we can use local forum for detect spammer. New user must regist in local forum and they will upload their identity cards and then local moderator will know they are spammer or not
Sorry but this will never happen on this forum as long as i am here!
Myself nor any moderator or admin on this forum needs to know any users "real" identities, if someone is spamming then we will issue warnings and if they do not comply then the user will receive a ban.

To fight spammer we need active members reporting any spam posts they see and active mods to delete the spam that comes up.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:01 am

Myself nor any moderator or admin on this forum needs to know any users "real" identities, if someone is spamming then we will issue warnings and if they do not comply then the user will receive a ban.

To fight spammer we need active members reporting any spam posts they see and active mods to delete the spam that comes up.
yea. giving your identity is too much.

Does this site require email activation? I dont remember. might make it a bit harder for the spammers.

Also, maybe add a new rank? Something like a forum mod. which has a few admin privileges like hide thread (not delete), and hide reply. Just so spam can be removed if mods aren't online.
https://cryptosec.info/

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:53 am

yea. giving your identity is too much.

Does this site require email activation? I dont remember. might make it a bit harder for the spammers.

Also, maybe add a new rank? Something like a forum mod. which has a few admin privileges like hide thread (not delete), and hide reply. Just so spam can be removed if mods aren't online.
We do require email verification on sign up, when a member is banned their email address is often banned at the same time.

I have answered your 2nd question in the thread you created.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

bientang
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1BCjZimbArX2grBd6egaHRYS7s7GM9dQRY

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:05 am

Allright sir it just my opinion, because i think if we upload identity card it will difficult to people make multi account in this forum, and then account in this forum just real people not fake account

Return to “The Forum”