evilroot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 12AqvhvDWU4XJqqt9hW5ShwgJngXpqHHdD

Forum translations added - and help needed!

Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:44 pm

Hi guys,

As a courtesy to all international visitors to our World section, we have started to add translations to different languages,

You can change your current settings in the user control panel, under board settings.

The following languages are currently "semi-supported" - most of them are for older versions of phpBB. More about versions after this ;
  • Arabic
  • Brazilian Portuguese
  • British English (default)
  • Catalan
  • Croatian
  • Danish
  • Dutch
  • Finnish
  • French
  • German
  • Hebrew
  • Italian
  • Norwegian
  • Mandarin Chinese
  • Mexican Spanish
  • Polish
  • Portuguese
  • Romanian
  • Russian
  • Serbian
  • Spanish
  • Swedish
  • Turkish
  • Ukrainian
These are the only verified languages available for phpBB 3.1.x at this point in time. Some are made for older versions of 3.1, which means that it could have some strings that are not translated. They will appear either in english, or as SIMULAR_TO_THIS. If you find oddness in your own language, feel free to send me a PM.

If your language is missing, you can contribute to both the free forum software that we are using (phpBB), aswell as the bitcoin.com community, in a simple way. All it takes is some of your time, and translation skills.

If you have prior experience of using WinMerge, or just like to play around with tech tools like this, this could make your life easier since you can merge the older existing language files with the latest ones and only have to translate a few number of strings rather than all of the available strings in the software. (If you need help with it, just comment in this thread and I'll do my best to help you out)

All existing translations are available on the official phpBB page. You can also find some guidelines on translation linked from there.

To submit an official translation file to phpBB, you can find information on how to do this at this page - it requires a registered account at phpbb.com though, but the registration is simple. Just don't forget to read the guidelines first.

You also need to download the british english language pack, and use that as a base for the translation. That language pack is available in the latest official phpbb version downloadable here, at the time of the writing 3.1.7-PL1. The language pack files are available in the sub directory language/en.

I'll happily add any translations to this board, once they are available and verified through the official release channels of phpBB.
-- evilroot.

pedroshooter

Re: Forum translations added - and help needed!

Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi sir, can i help you with portuguese translation.

If you want this, Just pm me.

Cya

mafgwaf

Donate BTC of your choice to 3CXJQvyf8TxjQ1SynH3b4fCips3yKGoYni

Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:47 pm

Why Philippines/ tagalog is not includee in the list? Many Filipino will join this campaign like bitcointalk. Please if you will add Philippines/ tagalog in translation list please tell me I want to translate into Philippines/ tagalog :D

ofeliawitty
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:02 pm

I can understand why Albanian language is not in the list :P I am the only one here. If it becomes part of this forum, I will see how to make some contribution. No promises though.

defcon23
AMA
AMA

Donate BTC of your choice to 12FkPaQSu1PjJfnk1X9qQ5HFEGBGVk1vrt

Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:03 am

i could help for French language if needed..

Dynamix
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 3BMEXFVAZDPbWHoP6wDkpu6J3MxStXXijf

Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:33 pm

Hello, I am a fluent Romanian speaker and writer and could help you with whatever you need. Please send me a message here or on telegram and we will talk.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:25 am

Hello, I am a fluent Romanian speaker and writer and could help you with whatever you need. Please send me a message here or on telegram and we will talk.
Hi Dynamix,

Thanks for the offer but It looks like we already have Romanian on the list, if we need any help in the future i will keep you in mind.

Maybe you could help liven up our Romanian section here, we don't have an active moderator for that section that i know of.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

acelz103

Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:28 am

i have nothing to say buy wonderful, it's help me very much in translation when i misunderstand :D :D

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:23 pm

Do you need a Russian translator? I can work for btc
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

DzmitryYaratsevich
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:40 pm

я знаю русский язык тоже
I know Russian too

Return to “The Forum”