BitcoinNewsMagazine
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Forum Ranks [Update]

Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:55 am

Can you please post a link to the member you speak about with 300 posts?
Just look up one post at arnoudk arnoudk-u1337/ has 273 posts, 142 reputation and is still ranked Nickel. Is something broken?

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:33 am

Can you please post a link to the member you speak about with 300 posts?
Just look up one post at arnoudk arnoudk-u1337/ has 273 posts, 142 reputation and is still ranked Nickel. Is something broken?
Unfortunately at the moment we can only base the ranking system on post count not post and reputation, hence the reason to keep it secret.
300 posts should be enough to upgrade to the next rank and I am looking into changing that this week.

@arnoudk, you knocked me from spot 3 on reputation :cry:
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:39 am

You are most welcome my friend. I'm sure you are extra motivated to recover that spot now. There's nothing like some friendly competition! :D
Excited about the potential of Bitcoin Cash in the beautiful country of Belize.
Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:13 am

You are most welcome my friend. I'm sure you are extra motivated to recover that spot now. There's nothing like some friendly competition! :D
Friendly competition is good and healthy but this could also lead to someone (me) not giving any reputation to another member (you) for fear of losing their spot on the highest reputation list.
Of course this is not something I would do ;)
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:42 am

I guess with me being a mod and being able to remove any and all of you reputation points would not be consitered friendly competition would it :P

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:50 am

I guess with me being a mod and being able to remove any and all of you reputation points would not be consitered friendly competition would it :P
Oh no! Now we need an immutable chain of posts, protected by cryptography and proof of work, so that nobody has the option to do so!

If only something like that existed. We could even use it for currency!
Excited about the potential of Bitcoin Cash in the beautiful country of Belize.
Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:59 am

Oh no! Now we need an immutable chain of posts, protected by cryptography and proof of work, so that nobody has the option to do so!

If only something like that existed. We could even use it for currency!
That's a cool idea, we could even call it POP, proof of post.
It could be modified in a way were nobody could ever post from a alt account that is not easily tractable on the blockchain

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:54 am

I see members with over 300 posts who still have the lowest rank of Nickle. Do you not think the bar to move up from Nickle to Bronze is set too high?

Setting requirements to move up from levels too high actually can turn out to be a turn off to new members and cause them to post elsewhere. Everyone likes to see a reward for their work.
Post count for 2nd rank is 400 + posts, rank upgrades are only based on post count.

If enough member agree i will lower the 2nd rank post requirements to about half the original.

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:30 pm

I see members with over 300 posts who still have the lowest rank of Nickle. Do you not think the bar to move up from Nickle to Bronze is set too high?

Setting requirements to move up from levels too high actually can turn out to be a turn off to new members and cause them to post elsewhere. Everyone likes to see a reward for their work.
Post count for 2nd rank is 400 + posts, rank upgrades are only based on post count.

If enough member agree i will lower the 2nd rank post requirements to about half the original.
Agree, though I think 200 posts is still too high to move up a rank. 100 would be fair and comparable to other forums.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:25 pm

Agree, though I think 200 posts is still too high to move up a rank. 100 would be fair and comparable to other forums.
You only need 10 posts from sign up to receive your first rank then next rank come into effect between 220 - 270 post.
This was recently chanhed so some member would have already moved up.

I wont say the exact post count for any levels.

Visonya

Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:52 pm

I didn't understand:
What does the level depend on?
And what does it influence?

Kulda_Xam
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Forum Ranks

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Different member ranks not based on bitcoin terms:

New Member - Bronze + 1 colored BTC symbol
Next level, between, 50-100 posts - Silver + 2 BTC symbols
Next level, between, 101-500 posts - Gold + 3 BTC symbols
Next level, between, 501-1000 posts - Platinum + 4 BTC symbols
Finale level, between, 1001-3000 posts - Diamond + 5 BTC symbols
(The BTC symbol would change color as per the rank)

Member ranks based on bitcoin terms:

New Member - Genesis Member
Next level - Junior Bitcoiner
Next level - Bitcoin Enthusiast
Next level - Bitcoin Veteran
Last level - Son of Satoshi or Bitcoin Die Hard

Anybody like these?
i would make some changes.

"New Member - Bronze + 1 colored BTC symbol"

no BTC symbol. it should be something special.

"Finale level, between, 1001-3000 posts - Diamond + 5 BTC symbols"

1000 posts are nothing and you already reached the end rank :? ? quite low if you ask me! raise it to 10.000-15.000 posts. endranks should be reached after YEARS. the vaule comes from the time you spend with that account.

- all numbers should be alot higher.
- not enough different ranks. add 30-40 stages

(Finney is a nice rank too :) + maybe we make a vote about the endrank? )
Good changes! But plz describe it more detail

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Do these ranks even matter?
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:57 am

Do these ranks even matter?
Nope, not at all.

If anyone has any better names for the different ranks we can use, please list them

Olachea

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Ly3rHDpk2jSPkwrbtxX1DbMA7F1JjcYUG

Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:32 pm

Sorry but i still can't understand how to rank-up in the forum and what differences between ranks and levels.
Would anyone explain it please?

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:02 am

Sorry but i still can't understand how to rank-up in the forum and what differences between ranks and levels.
There is no differences that comes with a higher ranks, you just rank-up the more you post and the more active you are.

Olachea

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Ly3rHDpk2jSPkwrbtxX1DbMA7F1JjcYUG

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:42 pm

There is no differences that comes with a higher ranks, you just rank-up the more you post and the more active you are.
I just thought about Rank-up to be determined by merit or karma.
Thanks for the response

Return to “The Forum”