VictoriaGartner

Thread watched I got seed phrase of EXODUS Wallet. Balance 13.77BTC. What can i do with this?

Mon May 24, 2021 7:22 am

Hi everyone. I was rummaging through my ex-boyfriend's old things, and I found a piece of paper with the entry "seed phrase/exodus/13.77 BTC". I myself do not understand cryptocurrencies, so I went to the forum. What can I do about it? Is it possible to sell it to someone? If you have an answer, email me at Telegram @veronicagartner

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Thread watched I got seed phrase of EXODUS Wallet. Balance 13.77BTC. What can i do with this?

Mon May 24, 2021 6:03 pm

Hi everyone. I was rummaging through my ex-boyfriend's old things, and I found a piece of paper with the entry "seed phrase/exodus/13.77 BTC". I myself do not understand cryptocurrencies, so I went to the forum. What can I do about it? Is it possible to sell it to someone? If you have an answer, email me at Telegram @veronicagartner
hey Victoria or Veronica or whoever,

First thing I recommend doing is not asking for help via Telegram.

I really like Telegram and it's great for chat (especially their secret chat with self-destruct timer). That being said you're probably going to be contacted directly be scammers who see your request here on the forum for help with seed phrase which contains 13 BTC.

Something like this could even attract "selective scammers" who are usually honest and helpful but when a tidy sum comes along (13 BTC, for example) and the coast looks clear (newbie or noob user asking for help in a dark alley on Telegram, for example) they might decide to make a move.

So BEWARE of anyone who might contact you in direct message and please NEVER share your mnemonic seed phrase or private keys with anyone (including support teams).

If there's a phrase of words (usually 24 words for the Exodus wallet, I think) you can import those into an Exodus.io wallet. You can download their desktop wallet (Windows, Mac and Linux) or nowadays they also have a mobile wallet (Android and iOS).

Exodus website: https://www.exodus.com/

Exodus wallet downloads: https://www.exodus.com/download/

If you need more help or have any questions please post a reply below.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Thread watched I got seed phrase of EXODUS Wallet. Balance 13.77BTC. What can i do with this?

Mon May 24, 2021 8:28 pm

I was thinking a little more about your post.

If that piece of paper (if it truly exists) belongs to your ex-boyfriend shouldn't you consider contacting him? Maybe even giving it back to him? Or at very least a 50/50 split of the 13 BTC?

I don't know what's going on here but if this is all just a story and you're feigning ignorance of crypto in order to reel in some greedy sucker to pay you for an imaginary piece of paper with an imaginary mnemonic seed please do it elsewhere and leave this forum.

I also find it strange the you're using NordVPN to access this forum and that you're savvy enough to know about Telegram yet you're having trouble figuring out what do with a piece of paper that says both "seed phrase" and "13.77 BTC."

Return to “Technical Support”