JeanValjean6

Recovering wallet from old android device

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:06 am

Hello everyone,

Please forgive me my utter foolishness in the matter and probably most newbie question possible, but there is much at stake for me and I have run out of alternatives.

Around the year 2014 I had Bitcoin Wallet app installed on my old Samsung GT-S7580 and there was some money in this wallet which today is worth couple times more. Unfortunately for the reasons I cannot recall, I deleted the app without any backup. Just yesterday I happened to find this old phone and tried to recover some data from it. I haven't made many operations on this phone so I think that the data may not be erased, but I can't find a way to locate it. I installed the app from the apk (because this phone model is no longer supported) but the wallet is empty. Is there a way to find the wallet if I deleted the app back then? I used some of the recovery software for android but it mostly finds popular files like photos and messages. I rooted my phone and tried DiskRigger Pro but I don't know what I'm looking for exactly. From what I gathered there should be some .data or .bin file but maybe I am wrong.

I know that I'm in this place because of my stupidity, but maybe some good soul will take pity on me and try to help.

Thank you in advance.

Return to “Technical Support”