Cmw81

PLZ HELP/.

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:31 pm

Hello. I am new to Bitcoin. I sent money to a bitcoin by accident and not bitcoin cash address. Can someone plz tell me how to cancel that address or get my money back into my wallett. Noone at Simplex can help me or just throw links at me. I am brand new to this and I work hard for my money and i'm worried. If someone could help would be so much appreciated.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: PLZ HELP/.

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:38 pm

Hello. I am new to Bitcoin. I sent money to a bitcoin by accident and not bitcoin cash address. Can someone plz tell me how to cancel that address or get my money back into my wallett. Noone at Simplex can help me or just throw links at me. I am brand new to this and I work hard for my money and i'm worried. If someone could help would be so much appreciated.
Hi Cmw81.

Are you using a Bitcoin.com wallet? If so, please see:

walletsupport.bitcoin.com/article/110/i-accidentally-sent-btc-to-my-bch-wallet

Has Simplex stated that they've fulfilled your order?

You can search your address here: https://explorer.bitcoin.com/

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:42 pm

If you're using a Bitcoin.com wallet please also see (because I can't tell by your post whether you mean BTC to BCH or BCH to BTC):

walletsupport.bitcoin.com/article/80/i-accidentally-sent-bch-to-my-btc-wallet

Cmw81

Tue May 01, 2018 1:49 am

Hello. Thank you for your replies. What I did. I had the funds in my Bitcoin cash and I sent it to a vendor that had bitcoin and bitcoin cash deposits. I sent it to Bitcoin when I should have sent it to bitcoin cash deposit at the vendor. So it says my order has been confirmed 214 times. But the address is wrong and I sent it to there bitcoin deposit and won't go threw, cause there different addresses. So it's just sitting there. My question is. How do I get it out and back into my bitcoin cash wallet so I can send it to the correct address.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Tue May 01, 2018 1:56 am

Hello. Thank you for your replies. What I did. I had the funds in my Bitcoin cash and I sent it to a vendor that had bitcoin and bitcoin cash deposits. I sent it to Bitcoin when I should have sent it to bitcoin cash deposit at the vendor. So it says my order has been confirmed 214 times. But the address is wrong and I sent it to there bitcoin deposit and won't go threw, cause there different addresses. So it's just sitting there. My question is. How do I get it out and back into my bitcoin cash wallet so I can send it to the correct address.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What you've done (based on what you've stated) is send BCH to a BCH address which is identical to the BTC address. The transaction is complete.

You'll have to contact the vendor/company that you were paying and ask them about their cross chain recovery policy. However, they may not be willing to help you.

Private keys on both chains (BCH and BTC) are the same so if the same scenario would have happened in a wallet that you control the private key to you'd just import the BTC private key into your BCH wallet.

Return to “Technical Support”