JJDOG88

non authorised transfer from blockchain wallet

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:06 am

Hello all, could do with some guidence please, as title indicates, i had someone transfer my BTC from a blockchain.info wallet last night, and i received no email or authenticator approval notifications, just woke up and their gone , these are the 2 wallets 13wahvu3FP8LK8P51UmEkhBUhyC7mzkrn3 0.01196404 BTC 13wjSGqsw8AnxX7gpPZhtNL4Xz2ujDsN8f 0.04785613 BTC 74 Confirmations , what is the steps here to try and recover, this has not really given me too much confidence regards Jason

ANY HELP WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATIVE ON HOW TO RECOVER

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: non authorised transfer from blockchain wallet

Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:06 am

Hello all, could do with some guidence please, as title indicates, i had someone transfer my BTC from a blockchain.info wallet last night, and i received no email or authenticator approval notifications, just woke up and their gone , these are the 2 wallets 13wahvu3FP8LK8P51UmEkhBUhyC7mzkrn3 0.01196404 BTC 13wjSGqsw8AnxX7gpPZhtNL4Xz2ujDsN8f 0.04785613 BTC 74 Confirmations , what is the steps here to try and recover, this has not really given me too much confidence regards Jason

ANY HELP WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATIVE ON HOW TO RECOVER
I am sorry to be the one to tell you this but you have no way of recovering the funds.
Bitcoin transactions cannot be reversed.

You best option now would be to run complete scan on the devise you had your wallet downloaded to and try find out how this happened.
If 2fa was bypassed this could mean that someone got hold of your backup seed and restored the wallet on their devise, anyone else know where you keep your wallet seed?
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

dan.mcturk

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:46 pm

I've just had exactly the same as the OP... 100gbp worth of bitcoin vanished within a minute of depositing. The addresses are the same I notice. There's definitely a security issue here.

13wahvu3FP8LK8P51UmEkhBUhyC7mzkrn3

14ggKdDdr6S4rjkesjWH7Te7AMxJr2Y3xz

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:44 pm

Blockchain.info is open source and I haven't heard of any faults recently. But this reoccurance suggests that you guys have malware on your system targetting blockchain.info.

Run a Malwarebytes scan just to check. You can't really do anything to recover you Bitcoin, unless it really is a fault of blockchain.info.

The addresses do seem to have tons of incoming addresses, totalling to over 26 BTC stolen in just the main address, 13wahvu3FP8LK8P51UmEkhBUhyC7mzkrn3.

A quick Google search reveals posts on reddit about this. I strongly discourage anyone from using blockchain.info for the time being. Posts show complaints going back to late October.

Blockchain.info doesn't seem to have posted a statement.
theres a snake in my boot

SWRCCU

Thu May 03, 2018 2:28 pm

To JJDOG88 and dan.mcturk,

I work for the South West Regional Cyber Crime Unit, which is part of the South West Regional Organised Crime Unit (SWROCU). I believe that the offences you have both mentioned on this forum are linked to similar offences that we are currently investigating. Please email swrccu@avonandsomerset.police.uk for further information.
Kind regards.

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Thu May 03, 2018 4:49 pm

To JJDOG88 and dan.mcturk,

I work for the South West Regional Cyber Crime Unit, which is part of the South West Regional Organised Crime Unit (SWROCU). I believe that the offences you have both mentioned on this forum are linked to similar offences that we are currently investigating. Please email swrccu@avonandsomerset.police.uk for further information.
Kind regards.

This poster, 'SWRCCU', has been verified via email address as a member of Avon and Somerset Constabulary.

Return to “Technical Support”