toucherock

Need to ask a very basic question

Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:29 am

I need to ask a very basic question.

Never bought BTC before.

Google question :" Best way to buy BTC"

Answer indicates various entities like Coinbase, Bittylicious etc etc etc. and fees ranging from 4% to 0.01%!!!!!!!

I cannot seem to obtain clarity on why the huge range.

Joined this forum after searching for " beginner bitcoin forum" ......cannot find a "beginner" section. Is there a place where I can post to have this type of question welcomed?

Anyone give a quick startpoint on how I can check this out?

Thanks

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Need to ask a very basic question

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:04 pm

I need to ask a very basic question.

Never bought BTC before.

Google question :" Best way to buy BTC"

Answer indicates various entities like Coinbase, Bittylicious etc etc etc. and fees ranging from 4% to 0.01%!!!!!!!

I cannot seem to obtain clarity on why the huge range.

Joined this forum after searching for " beginner bitcoin forum" ......cannot find a "beginner" section. Is there a place where I can post to have this type of question welcomed?

Anyone give a quick startpoint on how I can check this out?

Thanks
The fees for purchasing BTC are probably going to be high no matter who you buy from. You mentioned Coinbase. Coinbase is a large and very reputable bitcoin exchange. Other large & reputable fiat to bitcoin (and vice versa) exchanges include Kraken and Gemini.

WalletInvestor
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Re: Need to ask a very basic question

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:09 pm

Before you choose, do some research on individual exchanges to make sure they are reputable. Like Nandibear said, fees tend to be high. If an exchange offers something that sounds a little too good to be true, be suspicious, and check if they are really legit.
Check out the latest forecasts and news about cryptocurrencies, stocks, forex pairs and more on WalletInvestor.com

Return to “Technical Support”