realmicroguy

Lost BTC in iPhone wallet by Bitcoin/./com

Thu May 07, 2020 6:36 pm

A friend of mine received 1 BTC in his Bitcoin/./com iPhone wallet on August 18 of 2017.

He recently updated the app and this balance disappeared. He does not have a backup or seed phrase available.

Could it be possible to manually recover his 1 BTC balance by perhaps rolling back to a previous version of the app or by some type of manual recovery?

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Lost BTC in iPhone wallet by Bitcoin/./com

Tue May 26, 2020 3:27 am

A friend of mine received 1 BTC in his Bitcoin/./com iPhone wallet on August 18 of 2017.

He recently updated the app and this balance disappeared. He does not have a backup or seed phrase available.

Could it be possible to manually recover his 1 BTC balance by perhaps rolling back to a previous version of the app or by some type of manual recovery?
Hi realmicroguy,

Usually if you don't have the backup phrase (12 word seed) you wont be able to recover the wallet.

If your friend was using an Android device and installs an older version of the Bitcoin.com wallet app his wallets might appear. Be that as it may, I don't think it's possible on iPhone. Even if it was, I'm not sure where to find an older version of the wallet for iPhone.

Previous versions for Android (and desktop) can be found at https://github.com/bitcoin-portal/bitcoin-wallet-releases/releases

5.13 RC4 is the old app

Return to “Technical Support”