Search found 4 matches

Go to advanced search

by stevenc88
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:43 pm
Forum: Wallets
Topic: coin.space wallet usable in coinbase wallet app?
Replies: 4
Views: 4412

Re: coin.space wallet usable in coinbase wallet app?

As a followup, with some google investigation and experimentation, I learned the following: coin.space uses a derivation path of: m/0'/0 The Coinbase wallet uses a derivation path of: m/44'/0'/0'/0 I found out that many Android wallet providers do not provide a lot of customization of the derivation...
by stevenc88
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:11 pm

By the way, in both the coin.space wallet and BRD wallet (both with the same balance showing), if I select "receive coins" the Bitcoin addresses are identical. With the Coinbase wallet (with 0 balance showing), the receive Bitcoin address is different. I believe that lends credence to the "derivatio...
by stevenc88
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:08 pm

Thanks for the reply! I was reading about the gap limit. It mentioned that over time the keys could diverge and you not see the balance. In this case, I created the original wallet literally within the last 2 weeks. In your opinion, could the gap limit be causing me problems? Concerning the derivati...
by stevenc88
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:12 am

coin.space wallet usable in coinbase wallet app?

I created a wallet at coin.space, and recorded my 12-word passphrase. I deposited some Bitcoin in it to play around with. I am evaluating different (Android) wallet apps. That same 12-word passphrase lets me open the wallet using the BRD (breadwallet) Bitcoin wallet. I see the same Bitcoin balance i...

Go to advanced search