sparky

Have the whales and the recent BCH pump finally enabled an ALT to be the next King?

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:09 pm

I was always an evangelist of Bitcoin and called it the King.

I never tired of telling people that all the alts were wannabes but over the past three months with the whales making a monkey out of everyone by manipulating the market dramatically all the time and then with Rover V slagging off anything to do with Bitcoin in order to pump BCH have they, between them, done irreparable damage to brand Bitcoin?

At the time of writing this that centralised bank coin Ripple is surging through the market caps leaving BCH and Ether in its wake. It is fast approaching Bitcoin now.

As much as it pains me to say it I seriously suspect that Bitcoin and any derivative of it (Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Cash etc ) may well not recover from the way it has been undermined by a handful of people who hold many of them.

A close friend of mine sold all of his BTC and BCH and dropped it into Ripple and Ether. When I asked him why he said " I'm sick of being played all the time" . He was a SERIOUS advocate of anything Bitcoin.

When guys like him start talking like that I do wonder if the whales might have blown it for themselves and in turn the banks might get their own way....as usual by controlling the biggest market cap crypto.

A handful of guys across the planet who were holding huge amounts of bitcoin (the so called whales) could quite easily have become powerhouses of the modern world. Instead it seems they may have jeopardised that role all for a bit of pointless politics, marketing and a few extra $ in the short term.

Shame. It could have been great. :(

Return to “Speculation”