Financisto
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1ERHkyaSFUrmTr4pxK4a8GXrb9htADD876

[LIST] The Bitcoin Forum Escrows: Ranking & Blacklist → Avoid scammers!

Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:12 am

As I've been doing in the other forum, the following list's purpose is to keep track at who's offering an honest escrow service and to blacklist scammers out there.

P.s. only members with "escrow announcement thread/website" OR "user reputation thread" OR "user review history/record thread" will be listed.

All parameters here are subject to change, this is a work in progress...

If you got an idea, share it with us!

This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, just an preview for clients/customers in order to avoid scammers.

We cannot guarantee any member's reliability and that your coins will be 100% safe. Due diligence is still necessary, do yours!
Reasons for using an Escrow Service WHAT IT IS: People tranding goods and services can add a tool in order to increase the liability on both sides: customers and vendors. That may be done by employing an escrow system for all transaction. That additional step gives both sides some garantees.

HOW IT IS: This means that when you make an order the bitcoins are deducted from your wallet, moves into a temporary escrow account, then after the vendor sends the order, he confirms it was sent. When you receive the package, you confirm it being received and the vendor claims the coin.

WHAT IF: If for whatever reason you do not receive the package you can send the order into resolution, where you and the vendor can resolve the problem or should that not work, the escrow service well step in an resolve the issue. Keep in mind this system is to prevent fraud on both the end of the seller and the buyer.

SUMMARY: Escrow services will not grant you 100% scam proof, but it is definetly an additional security layer in order to avoid coin losses and scammers.
Image Escrow Service Class → Thresholds per Award

Bronze → 10pts
Silver → 20pts
Gold → 30pts
Platinum → 40pts
Members & Threads: Updating...
Legend & Labels: Rank: the member's position at the list;

Reason - General classification of members.

Member: member's ID.

Cryptocurrency: which coin the escrow works with.

Rating: it is the following algorithm.

Code: Select all

( 10 * sqrt(Reputation) + 1 * sqrt(Posts) ) / ( 10 + 1 )
Reason → just trying to build our own kind of fair classification here.

P.s. collaborations about a fairer algorithm in order to improve that task will be appreciated.

Reputation: the number shown in member's reputation (under member's name/avatar);;

Reason - "Web of trust" inside The Bitcoin Forum community.

Posts: the number shown at that indicator (under member's name/avatar);

Reason - It shows how active (and for how long) that member is at The Bitcoin Forum. Members without activity for more than 6 months will be delisted.

Min.<= Max.: minimum and maximum amount of coins allowed while using the escrow service (in BTC or USD).

Fees: cost for using the escrow service.

PGP: Does the escrow work with PGP signed messages?

Reason - PGP is an additional security tool in order to grant the client some Confidentiality, Integrity and Non-repudiation.

####################################################################################################

If you wanna apply for this list, post here (or send me PM) with the following info:

1) Cryptocurrencies accepted;

2) Minimum and Maximum amount of coins allowed while using the escrow service (in BTC or USD).

3) Fees;

4) PGP available?

5) Link to "escrow announcement thread/website" OR "user reputation thread".
Last edited by Financisto on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Financisto
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Escrows' Reputation: [ WARNINGS & BLACKLIST ]

Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:50 am

[ WARNINGS ] No complaints by now...
[ BLACKLIST ] If you know any fake escrow (scammer), or if you've been scammed, report here.

I'll post/update the names/IDs here.

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Re: [LIST] The Bitcoin Forum Escrows: Ranking & Blacklist → Avoid scammers!

Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:15 am

I would highly suggest ognasty. I have used his service countless time and have never had an issue. His fees are reasonable (0.01 BTC in most cases)

I would be willing to offer free escrow on small transactions. I don't want to be responsible for more money than I would feel comfortable paying out of pocket though.

Financisto
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:02 am

I haven't noticed OgNasty is around here @ BTC Forum.

He's already listed #1 in my thread in the other forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276897.0

I'll try to get in touch with him and the others that might be registered in both forums...

Thanks for the recommendation!

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:20 am

I would highly suggest ognasty.
I haven't noticed OgNasty is around here @ BTC Forum.

Have you found him yet? Since this thread (at least) but possibly before he's been serving as the Bitcoin Games signature campaign manager and issues payments, therefore must be involved in escrow. That should be plenty of local-on The Forum experience to get him top ranking.

Return to “Services”