Search found 8 matches

Go to advanced search

by greenabacus
Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:36 pm
Forum: AMA - Ask Me Anything
Topic: I am Andrew Stone (theZerg) of Bitcoin Unlimited, AMA -- STARTS TUES DEC 8, 10AM
Replies: 26
Views: 10492

Re: I am Andrew Stone (theZerg) of Bitcoin Unlimited, AMA -- STARTS TUES DEC 8, 10AM

Elsewhere Andreas wrote this: I am not at all concerned about fragmentation of value. The market for digital currencies follows a power-law distribution (also known as a long-tail). Most of the value (90%) will be in 2-3 coins, with the other 10% divided among hundreds or thousands of coins. In fact...
by greenabacus
Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:35 pm
Forum: AMA - Ask Me Anything
Topic: I'm Zane Tackett, Director of Community & Product Development at Bitfinex, AMA
Replies: 11
Views: 7436

Re: I'm Zane Tackett, Director of Community & Product Development at Bitfinex, AMA

Zane,

If you could wave a magic wand and instantly change one thing about bitcoin (or a related topic), what would that be, and why?

I'm intentionally being very open-ended with this question, but only asking that you single out something specific.

Appreciate your response!
by greenabacus
Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:49 pm
Forum: AMA - Ask Me Anything
Topic: I'm Marek Palatinus (slush), creator of the first mining pool and creator of TREZOR. AMA - 3rd Dec!
Replies: 47
Views: 21684

Re: I'm Marek Palatinus (slush), creator of the first mining pool and creator of TREZOR. AMA - 3rd Dec!

Marek, 2 q's:

1. What are your thoughts on proof of work vs. proof of stake? Do you think Ethereum could develop a viable alternative to proof of work?

2. As someone in the industry, what are your primary news sources for Bitcoin/crypto, and why?

Appreciate your thoughts.
by greenabacus
Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:35 pm
Forum: AMA - Ask Me Anything
Topic: I'm Roger Ver, the first Bitcoin angel investor, ask me anything!
Replies: 216
Views: 71360

Re: I'm Roger Ver, the first Bitcoin angel investor, ask me anything!

What are your thoughts on decentralized prediction markets? What would be the greatest hurdle to the adoption of this technology?

Thanks for setting up this fantastic forum.
by greenabacus
Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:30 pm
Forum: AMA - Ask Me Anything
Topic: I'm Andreas M. Antonopoulos, author of "Mastering Bitcoin", public speaker, podcaster and pundit. Ask Me Almost Anything
Replies: 66
Views: 27347

Re: I'm Andreas M. Antonopoulos, author of "Mastering Bitcoin", public speaker, podcaster and pundit. Ask Me Almost Anyt

We already have dozens of altcoins as competing money protocols to choose from, and today, bitcoin's politics could theoretically drive fragmentation of the wealth we see in bitcoin in many directions. I'm not sure whether market fragmentation would be a good or bad thing, given this early phase of ...
by greenabacus
Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:35 pm
Forum: AMA - Ask Me Anything
Topic: I'm Patrick Byrne, CEO of Overstock.com: Ask Me Anything!
Replies: 36
Views: 8857

Re: I'm Patrick Byrne, CEO of Overstock.com: Ask Me Anything!

Thanks for joining Patrick, I'm fascinated by your ideas. My question: Not receiving my paycheck in Bitcoin is a barrier to me buying from Overstock with BTC. It's easier to keep BTC as savings in my case. So: how do you approach the challenge of the average joe having a steady stream of bitcoin, an...
by greenabacus
Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:44 pm
Forum: AMA - Ask Me Anything
Topic: I'm Mike Hearn, creator of Lighthouse, bitcoinj and Bitcoin XT. Ask me anything!
Replies: 76
Views: 34045

Re: I'm Mike Hearn, creator of Lighthouse, bitcoinj and Bitcoin XT. Ask me anything!

On block size: when push comes to shove, companies like 21 inc and others might be in a position to broadly encourage bip101 via their hardware node/mining devices (hopefully many will own them). Generally, what thoughts do you have on the industry creating ecosystems that would naturally prefer/pro...
by greenabacus
Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:54 pm
Forum: AMA - Ask Me Anything
Topic: I'm Bruce Fenton, Bitcoin Loving Techo-Econ Geek AMA!
Replies: 48
Views: 11050

Re: I'm Bruce Fenton, Bitcoin Loving Techo-Econ Geek AMA!

Could you speak about barriers to Bitcoin adoption in emerging markets specifically, and how those barriers are being overcome. In other words, what have you seen in the works to help Bitcoin evolve from being merely a first-world toy, so to speak. I would guess the barriers are things like access t...

Go to advanced search