Leonidas.Kalika
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

cex.io ?

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:37 pm

Hello,

I did send money from my bank account to cex.io on the 13.08.2017 but until today I haven't received it.

I have seen a lot of complaints, regarding the fees, but not that they don't credit the money you send them.

Is there any risk that I will never see my money again ?

What do you think ?

Thanks for your help and advice,
Leonidas

Leonidas.Kalika
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: cex.io ?

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:23 pm

I have contacted support. Let's see if they reply and credit the money I send them.

Leonidas.Kalika
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:40 pm

I want to add, that before I made the bank transfer, I used a credit card. The first transaction went well, with my credit card. So I thought that I could do the second one. But this time, things did not go as smooth. The money was sent to them from my Bank account, but they never credited my cex.io account.

Until now they did not answer my E-mail.

It is not looking good, for now. I have no idea if it will be resolved in the future. Maybe I lost my money. What do you think ?

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:12 pm

Leonidas, let us know if they answer. Post on reddit if you don't get this resolved, warn the others. We need to weed out bad services and scams out of this sector.
Whichever chain wins,the world wins ImageImageImageImage

Leonidas.Kalika
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:48 pm

@ OneChain,
I will keep you up to date. And why not, once it is over, once I know if I lost the money or not, post on reddit as you suggest. If they did steel my money, people should be aware, and don't fall in the same trap. It is bad enough that I did.

CEX.IO
Services
Services

Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:22 pm

Good day,

Please, provide us with your User ID so that we could investigate the issue. Thank you!
Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get up to 30% lifetime bonus. Join now

Leonidas.Kalika
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:59 pm

Hello,

Why do I get an answer here, on the forum, but none, until now, from CEX.IO support that I contacted ?

If I give you my User ID will you not pretend being me ? And asking to get my money ?

How do I know you are for real ? How do I know that you are CEX.IO ? Cannot anyone create a profile with that name, on this forum, even If they do not work for the company ? You don't use the normal way of contacting me, my E-mail ? And you don't reply to my request that CEX.IO support received.

Can I give that information, my User ID, on this forum, without taking a risk ?

Thanks for helping me,
I am confused over this,
Leonidas
Last edited by Leonidas.Kalika on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Hello,

Why do I get an answer here on the forum but none, until now, from CEX.IO support witch I contacted ?

If I give you my User ID will you not pretend being me ? And asking to get my money ?

How do I know you are for real ? How do I know that you are CEX.IO ? Cannot anyone create a profile with that name, on this forum, even If they do not work for the company ? You don't use the normal way of contacting me, my E-mail ? And you don't reply to my request, with CEX.IO support received.

Can I give that information, my User ID, on this forum, without taking a risk ?

Thanks for helping me,
I am confused over this,
Leonidas
Hi Leonidas,

I have confirmed that the account above, CEX.IO, is run by a member of staff of that company. You can provide any relevant details to them if you wish but please do so via private message, not publicly in this thread.

Leonidas.Kalika
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:29 pm

Are you sure it is save to give my User ID, via private message, to the person you just now confirmed ? Why don't they, CEX.IO, reply to my request via their support system ?

Leonidas.Kalika
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:33 pm

How did you verify that this is "a member of staff of that company" ?

Leonidas.Kalika
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:46 pm

I have contacted CEX.IO support a second time, and their web site said "Your request was successfully submitted." So I am waiting for an answer over their normal support system.

That the question could be resolved here, but not on their official web page, seem strange to me.

Leonidas.Kalika
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:56 pm

I have even contacted them a third time, this time providing my user ID to their support system.

Let's see if I get an answer now ?

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:10 pm

How did you verify that this is "a member of staff of that company" ?
They have registered their forum account with an official CEX.IO email address. All forum accounts require manual email verification, so if the email address was fake they would not be able to activate the account. I'm afraid I cannot answer any of your other questions regarding why they are getting back to you on the forum and not their support system as Bitcoin.com has nothing to do with CEX.IO.

Leonidas.Kalika
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:26 pm

@ Fremont,

Thanks for replying.

I understand that you have nothing to do with CEX.IO, and that you can't answer my questions regarding them.

Let's wait a bit and see if they finish by answering me via their support system.

If not I will hesitate, and maybe provide my user ID to the person you have verified as a staff member of CEX.IO.

Anyways thanks for your intervention. It is appreciated.

Leonidas.Kalika
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Hello,

Since CEX.IO support system is not answering, I did send a private message to CEX.IO service on this forum, that contacted me above. I did include my user ID.

Let's see if the matter gets resolved now.

Leonidas.Kalika
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:19 pm

I have complained once more. But don't think that cex.io will answer.

Here is the last message I have sent the support desk:

----

"Bank transfer - no answer!!! - scam! + my user ID : XXXX

It has been since the 14.08.2017 that I have send 1500 Euros to cex.io.

But until now I haven't received the money on my cex.io account.

I have complained several times, at least three, but never received an answer.

I have opened a forum post complaining about the cex.io service. But even there, cex.io doesn't seem to care.

This is simply a scam. You have stolen my money. And simply don't answer!

+ my user ID : XXXX"

---

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:00 pm

none of the exchanges answer these days, overriden with users.

all they answer is attorney letters

Leonidas.Kalika
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:57 am

Great ! And while they are at it they steal your money ?

I don't think that all exchanges are that bad. But I definitely made a real bad, and expensive, experience with cex.io.

I am probably not the only one. Let's say they make the same thing with 100 people. That makes 100 x 1'500 Euro = 150'000 Euros. And they probably can make it with 1'000 people. That's how they make money, by scamming people, by stealing their money.

Not all the exchanges, but cex.io can't be trusted.

What is even more surprising to me is that they don't give a f*ck. You can complain online, expose them, they really don't care. They keep on scamming people, stealing their money; business as usual. Never mind bad reviews, let's keep on doing what we do so well.

Leonidas.Kalika
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:16 am

I did receive following answer to one of my support tickets (it is only online, you have to save the page link after you submitted the request, which is frustrating because most people await an E-mail from support.)
---
Cex.io Support message :
Dear XXX XXX,
First of all, I would like to apologize for the situation you have faced and the inconveniences it may have caused. Usual processing time of wire transfers on our platform is about 3 days.
As for your payment made in August, I kindly ask you to check your email for a letter sent to you on 16 of August with a request for information. In order to complete your deposit we need to check your second ID (any other ID but the one you used for verification), or a swift confirmation from your bank, or a statement that confirms the transaction. You may use both paper statement or a screenshot/PDF statement from your online banking.
As soon as we receive and check this information, your payment will be approved almost instantly. You may send it with your next reply. Please bear with us on this matter.
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Best regards, Compliance Team
---
I did not receive the mentioned E-mail (sent to me on 16 of August). Don't know why ? Maybe because of spam filters ?
I did provide my passport and a statement of my bank that confirms the transaction.
So I am waiting to see if the matter gets resolved.
---
I finally have received the money. Cex.io is not a scam. I thought so because it took so long, more than a month, and I haven't heard from them after all my attempts (five support tickets, and tow forum post). But in the end, they did deliver, and even excused themes for the delay.
So everything is fine. Yes you can trust Cex.io.
I guess I had just bad luck. I think that things normally go much smoother and faster with Cex.io.
The important thing is that they did not scam me, and did not steal my money.

dejavupl

Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:57 pm

Ok now mine turn, after few succesfull (normal) withdraws CEX.IO now they didnt complete withdraw. Its "pending" for a week allready. ITs 12,000 EURO so not so small. The dont respond on tickets, and on email they sometimes respond that:

"Dear XXXXXXXX

Thank you for contacting us.

I escalated this matter to the Financial Department. The person in charge will get back to you in the nearest possible time for assistance.
Your patience on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for understanding.
Best Regards
Chris
Support team"

"Dear XXXXXXX

Thank you for contacting us.

I will escalate this matter to the concerned department. The person in charge will get back to you in the nearest possible time for assistance.
Your patience on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for understanding.
Best Regards
Taylor D
Support Team"

And so on....

And so on....
We will se how it will ends, but it i would like to keep trading with them so i hope for good finish
Last edited by dejavupl on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomZ
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:14 pm

As a matter of course I've tried a lot of different exchanges.

My findings of CEX.IO;
  • The user interface is childish and annoying. A popup asking me to confirm adding something to the order book is just getting in my face.
  • Their site sends lots of emails, but very little useful ones. And you can't figure it or disable any of them.
  • There is a minimum trading limit which is absurdly high. If you want to sell all your coins, it almost never seems possible.
  • moving coins off of the site has a minimum amount they are willing to create an account for. Even for a low fee coin like BCH. Anything less than €60 (0.01 BTC) you can not actually transfer off of the site.
I would not go so far as call them scammers, but I would certainly avoid this site as incompetent and expensive.

rafael.nulens

VERY BAD EXCHANGE

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:48 pm

So unfair, the way you hold my money and waste my time. I have contacted several agencies of my bank, ATOS the provider of my Mastercard, etc. How many months are you going to hold my money and are you going to have the money to pay your customers? According to all agencies I contact, my settings on my card are correct. Aliexpress, ASOS and other large organizations can perfect return money, why would you not be able to do this with all your excuses?

karllil

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:16 pm

I used different exchanges and never had problems. https://en.bitcoinwiki.org/wiki/CEX.IO On this page I found few shortcomings and many advantages. I would like to know your opinion about this exchange?

Return to “Scam accusations”